Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Test Completed. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/109097-test-completed.html)

Mando 02-10-2011 01:45 AM

Test Completed.

Went to the local raceway for my brake and lane change test today. Passed without any problems and reached 89.6 db on the noise meter. So far so good. Next test will be at Motor Registration once the Engineer finishes the paperwork. Nearly there.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/P1000460.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/P1000455.jpg

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/P1000458.jpg

Regards.

Regards.

Gav 02-10-2011 01:48 AM

Well done Mando, look forward to racing you at the Nationals! ;)

Zedn 02-10-2011 01:56 AM

Congratulations Mando,

What procedure was used for the brake test? Do you mind telling us a rough price of what it cost?

Must feel good to be a step closer.

stephen low 02-10-2011 02:48 AM

Well done Mando

Will be a registered beastie before you know it.

Envyous now as I'm spending so much time here in SA and not in my shed.

Any SA club meetings in the next two weeks??

Or any club runs happening?

Am staying in O'Connell St Nth Adelaide.

Cheers

Steve

BMK 02-10-2011 01:41 PM

Mango

Well done. The car looks great, nice paint colour choice. If I still had mine we could have done weddings...:3DSMILE:

stephen low 02-10-2011 02:46 PM

Mate meant to also ask who was the test pilot for this outing?

Merv and Sharon 02-10-2011 03:53 PM

You guys really have to go through the hoops. The Harrison came with the lane change certification and the brake test was done by the engineer near his house and also by QT on their roller at about 30kms/hr.

Hey well done by the way!

Rob. Smith 02-10-2011 04:03 PM

They should have passed it just on Build Quality.........nice job Mando.
Good luck with the rest of the rego.

boxhead 02-10-2011 04:18 PM

Great stuff Mando, almost there now Buddy

400TT 02-10-2011 04:59 PM

Well done Mando. Another step closer.

Mando 02-10-2011 09:00 PM

Thanks guys,
Zedn, there's a fixed procedure used to warm the brakes then the engineer does 4 runs, 2 at 60kph and 2 at 100kph. The car must brake in a straight line and wheels are not to lock up. The Engineer asked me to get the brake bias adjusted to give the rear's a little bit more grip.
The lane change was similar to the brake test. The Engineer drove between in and out of 6 or 7 witches hat's first at 60kph, then at 100kph. Considering the suspension is wound up to allow the under car exhaust to clear 100mm, the car remained flat throughout all the drive cycles.
There were 5 cars being tested on Wednesday and I was told all the coats were shared,[Yeh Right]. I was charged just over $1000.

Hi Stephen, our club has it's meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Directors Hotel in Gouger St. That's about 5 minutes from where you are. On Feb 23 the club has organized a shed run to Salisbury to go through suspension setups on cobra's with an Engineer.
My car was driven by the Engineer that's certifying my car. They don't let you drive your own car.

Regards.

Krait 02-11-2011 03:20 AM

Congrats Mando. Well done.

Cheers

stephen low 02-11-2011 04:35 PM

Mando

Shame I missed the meeting then last week, I was about.

However I'd love to come to the 23rd shed run, more knowledge on suspension would be terrific benefit.

I presume there'd be no objections would there? If not I need to get an address and time and I'll lock it into the afterwork calendar of things to do whilst there. We need to catch up for tea again too!!

Let me know.

Cheers and well done again.

Steve

Mando 02-11-2011 08:43 PM

Stephen, you can come to my place 1st or I could meet you there if your strapped for time. Workshop is at Salisbury South and BBQ starts at 6pm. Talk to you later!

Regards.

stephen low 02-12-2011 02:09 PM

Mando

Am over doing work to support our operations at GM Elizabeth.

Sounds like I just need a change of clothes and a short hop from the Elizabeth site to Salisbury after work - too easy.

Cheers

Steve

Mando 02-12-2011 05:30 PM

Steve, the Cobra Club meeting is on the 3rd Tuesday of the month not the 2nd so you can still make it. Let me know if you're going and I'll give all the details. :)

Regards.

stephen low 02-13-2011 12:08 PM

Mate

After work I'm a free agent so I'm up for both outings the club meeting and the suspension chat, can you text me the details for both please.

Cheers

Steve

ptrefry 02-16-2011 04:56 PM

Rego

The car looks awesome.
Did you change the rear end , and put shorter arms on (like Mike Murphy)?
Thanks Paul

Mando 02-17-2011 12:46 AM

Paul, yes I did exactly what Mike did and had new upper and lower arms made to increase the dish on the rear wheels as well as shortening the axles. I gained 55mm of dish. The only difference is that Mike did all the work himself and produced the best looking suspension arms I've ever seen. I can't believe more guy's with Classic Revival's haven't done the same.

Regards.

boxhead 02-17-2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mando (Post 1110561)
Paul, yes I did exactly what Mike did and had new upper and lower arms made to increase the dish on the rear wheels as well as shortening the axles. I gained 55mm of dish. The only difference is that Mike did all the work himself and produced the best looking suspension arms I've ever seen. I can't believe more guy's with Classic Revival's haven't done the same.

Regards.

Yet. :) :)