Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 12:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     
Default CR new Front sway bar - and its the simple things that are often the problem.

This is mainly for the CR guys with the new chassis.

I had problems with the original front sway bay mounting location where it interferes with the brake calliper. i.e. head of bolt was pushing against caliper on nearly full lock and pushing caliper in. Forced brake pedal back and then you had to pump the brakes to get the calipers to push out again. Very scary sensation.

Anyway, Ian has done a revised sway bay that mounts next to the shocker in a better position and allows the bolt head to move out of the way. You'll know what I mean if you have this issue.

Fitted it all tonight and took her for a test run. All ok. Will have it up at ShelbyFest if you are going and want to have a look.

Regarding simple things - I had a clunk in my front end that was really giving the you know what's. Had a leaky shocker - replaced that, fixed one clunck, but other was still there.

After a few months of frustration it came down to dry ball joints. Bit of grease in the nipple fixed it. (I know you all would have said that first - but I am a novice.).

Just had to tell someone as it was a huge relief to finally find the bugger.

Only 4 more sleeps til my first ShelbyFest - test drive tonight was good, goes straight, corners well, brakes straight. Just gotta keep it on the black stuff.

See ya

Rgds

Gregg
Old 03-21-2011, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

nice work Gregg - good to hear you finally found that clunk!

Do you have AVO shocks?
Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Yes got AVO's and have so far replaced 1 front and 1 rear due to leaks. Other back one is now making a noise. Pretty annoyed.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Are you keeping the street alignment, or changing for increased camber?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
Yes got AVO's and have so far replaced 1 front and 1 rear due to leaks. Other back one is now making a noise. Pretty annoyed.
yeah, I hear nothing but problems. The nail is in the coffin for me, I won't be getting AVO's!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

hi gregg how old are those avoshocks / what are you replacing them with ? & is this a common problem
just going to wait to purchase them now &see what else is around
Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Are you keeping the street alignment, or changing for increased camber?
Hi Dave, Keeping the street alignment which by the way has a bit of camber in it already.

Will see how it goes.

Rgds

gregg
Old 03-21-2011, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by renovationinnov View Post
hi gregg how old are those avoshocks / what are you replacing them with ? & is this a common problem
just going to wait to purchase them now &see what else is around
I think it is common, everyone I talk to has had the same problems. I have replaced my two faulty ones with AVO. But if another goes I done with them and switching to something else. Mine were only 12 months old when they started leaking.

There are a few other thread around about shocks. You may want to check them to see what others have gone with.

Rgds

gregg
Old 03-21-2011, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Hey Gregg, thanks for the heads up on the swaybar.

Looks like i've got the same problem as Phil with Ian's half shaft splines not fitting the VE diff i got.

I'm in PNG at the moment, so it looks like a few emails back and forth with Ian are due,
I think Phil from vermont had the same issue, do you recall what the outcome was...?

See you at Shelbyfest
Dave W
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

I have had nothing but trouble with my AVO's, the alternative would be koni's but until i re-mortgage the house I will keep repairing them!