Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-13-2011, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Ads on Car Sales

All,

I have only posted here a couple of times before, but I am still looking for a car.

Just wondered if anyone had noticed this car on carsales.com.au
2008 AC COBRA Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au

I saw it about 4-5 months ago advertised in Queensland but it had just sold. The advertised price was $60k, then a couple of months later it tunrs up at a dealer in Paramatta Rd for $79,995 with the story that he bought it as a promotional item for his yard but decided it was a lot of money to have sitting around so thought he would now sell it. He was having some difficulties registering in NSW, my guess that may have been part of the reason to sell. Now its turned up in Queensland with another 10k added to the price. Can't be bothered calling this time, as the price has increased to a point beyond what I think it may be worth. But saying that, it looks like a nice car.

Also, anyone know anything about this car?

2003 AC COBRA Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au

regards,

Adam.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

That Harrison looks like a tidy car.

I have not seen it before.

Ben
Old 10-14-2011, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

It amazes me with that first car that they are asking $90k yet they cant even take a decent photo with a decent camera. Just a dodgey snap with a mobile phone and she'l be right. If they dont have attention to detail in their ad, they wont have it in looking after a car.

The harrison does look like a really nice car.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell BB 429 (Sold) Contemporary Cobra CCX3682
Not Ranked     

Hey Adam,

The 2003 Cobra is a real pretty car, I went to see it with a friend a coupe of weeks ago. Grant is very fussy and the quality of this car is excellent! Looks great in the flesh. It also has a very impressive motec style tuning setup and it has a carby! Grant has built some pretty wild cars in the past, he certainly knows what he's doing.

Grant did not build this car but has made some very nice changes to it. He purchased the car from Brian White, I think that's his name.

The car's paint is excellent, very nice and tidy interior, single or dual roll cage, comes with bumper overiders, it also has an oil cooler mounted.

I'm pretty fussy about Cobras and this one did impress me somewhat.

Grant took the car to the Cobra Nationals a couple of years ago when he first purchased it and has made some changes since, very positive ones. Note he also made a stencil to paint the Goodyear Eagle on 17 inch tyres!

In my opinion I think it's pretty good value.

Hope this helps

Stef
Old 10-16-2011, 12:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RAM, 5.0L with ST10 4 spd
Not Ranked     

Saw this car on the road several weeks ago ( COB 050 ). All I can say is it certainly has presence on the road. It is a really nice looking car and has a real nice stance. Sounds good also. If I was in the market again I would certainly have a close look at it. Seems like its a complete package according to the ad and from what Stefanog says.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am a little concerned with the legalities of the conversion to a Carby setup on COB.050 along with the live sidepipes.

I would have to transfer the registration to Victoria, and from what I can gather, an actual physical inspection of the car is not required at Vicroads, but rather a "paperwork inspection". However, if I am indeed stopped by the police, EPA or whoever, it would be a serious headache to explain why it has a Carby and an expensive a timely exercise to convert back to fuel injection and get it to pass an emissions test.

I guess the side pipes are less of an issue, fairly easy to convert to under body exhaust.

Stef: How would the Motec style tuning thing work with the carby? Is it to do with the MSD ignition?

Adam.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I think you'll find it's still EFI, just using a carby style throttle body and manifold. I'm running a similar setup on mine.

Cheers

Old 10-23-2011, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I saw cob050 on the road over the weekend and it is a beautiful looking car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: