Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     
Default Ford Territory Engine mounts

Hi Guys,

I know there are a lot of ford experts on here so hoping you guys can save me some time.

Anyone got any experience with engine mounts in a 2004 Ford Territory Ghia 4lt? My sister has one and her mechanic has told her it needs new mounts. Two mechanics have told her that all aftermarket suppliers are out of stock until December and the OEM are close to $500 each.

I jumped on the net to see if i could locate some and after a bit of reading discovered they are oil filled. Does this mean there needs to be oil leaking for them to be shot or can they tear without opening the oil chamber?

I havnt had a chance to look at the car properly yet but im pretty sure there is no oil leaks. I only got a 5 second look today, but the motor doesnt appear to me to be moving that much although apparently it is banging. From the reading i have done it appears these motors move alot anyway so could be an exhaust mount or something banging.

If someone could shed some light on whether the oil leaks out at failure before i go looking for mounts it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Liam
Old 11-06-2011, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Heap of ****

HI Liam,

If it is the AWD version it could be the front diff mount has failed. This is a common fault and Ford actually redesigned the replacement mount to stop the failures.

Big Job to change.

Worth a look.

Phil
Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

The hydraulic engine mounts where phased out in later models due to them being so expensive, standard ones from a later model may well fit.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gday Phil,

I only looked at it for a minute, but from memory there wasnt enough kit in the front there to be all wheel drive. But if it is i will check it out.

Do you have experience with these cars? She took it to her mechanic a few months ago and he said sell it before it rusts away.

Thanks for the tip Gav. They do cost a fortune, but apparently you can get aftermarket ones much cheaper. When they are in stock..
Old 11-07-2011, 01:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: have brakes, diff, gearbox, steering rack, gear stick, door locks, CR chassis 3518
Not Ranked     

Zedn,

i have a problem in my falcon ute of either melting them or generally tearing them in half due to horse power. Tried the aftermarket nolathane ones and not very happy at all. What i do now is ring FTG auto salvage 03 9758 6900 and they send one up to sydney for about fifty dollars. Hope this helps
Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: have brakes, diff, gearbox, steering rack, gear stick, door locks, CR chassis 3518
Not Ranked     

Just checked their website and they have a territory in stock
Old 11-07-2011, 01:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

not as helpful as ftg is FORD PRO 94 Victoria Street Smithfield NSW 2164
(02) 9757 1811
Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for that Brad,

When yours go to they leak oil? The car has done just over 100,000ks.

My only concern with used is that those cars probably have about the same number of k's on them so who knows how long the mounts will last. I guess i could ask for the drivers side.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yes mine leak oil then collapse. I always ask for the passenger side due to the fact i dont want one that sits under the turbo they fail due to the heat. They are easy to replace if you shorten the threads as you dont need to lift the motor as high
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Passenger side?

The passenger side is the suspect one in this car because of the direction of rotation of the engine. Drivers side would be much easier as there is nothing over the top of it in the territory.

I dont think it is leaking oil so i had better take a look at it before ordering one to confirm that is gone.

Cheers.