Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-02-2011, 02:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default Nobody likes a finger up their date...

...but I like the idea of raising a few dollars towards prostate cancer research, support and education, along with the great work that Beyond Blue does for depression in Australia. As such, I have warned the team at work that I might look a bit suss over the next month while I try to progress past the fluff stage and into a fully grown mo for Movember.

If you have a couple of bucks to spare, Craig's Movember Donation Page seems like a fabulous place to donate it to! Tax deductible too, for those of you that remember such details after June 30...

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Not much but if others jump in it will all ad up! Good luck with your cause Craig.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Multiple choice dates??

Arr ya bugga, Craig I'd only thought of having my participation mentioned at the Victorian meeting last night - assuming Michael did spruik my involvement in Movember too.

I may as well offer an alternate donation link too then at Movember Australia - Home.

But regardless folks of whether you can spare a dollar or three via Craig, myself or some other Mo - fellow please do so as it is for a good cause.

Given the club's gender bias too I'm sure it is a topical issue amongst our membership - heaven knows my waterworks ain't what they used to be!!

Cheers

Steve - Mo - Low
Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois - thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I hope it wasn't much trouble to donate from overseas. You definitely win the long distance donation award!!!

Stephen - happy to have a state of origin Movember fund raising challenge! At the end of the day, the funds all make it to the same place, which is a good thing.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Overseas now Craig. Will donate when I get back next week. Well done.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Not Ranked     

Done Craig. That 'mo' looks a bit dodgy ...

Cheers

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, it's definitely a messy mo now...

Craig's Movember Page
Merv, I hope you had a good time overseas. Thanks very much for your donation. A few people at work are holding off from donating until they see proof of me making it through the whole month. As such, the dollars had slowed down a bit. Thanks for giving it a great kick along - I really appreciate it!

Steve, you're beating me. Good for you.

Last edited by 750hp; 11-23-2011 at 02:23 AM..
Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default It ain't as red as it used to be..........

Craig

My rattling of the donation tin has fallen silent over the last few weeks becuase of work, life and stuff so haven't been as proactive as I could have been.

I did see an email go out to the Victorian cobra contingent care of el Presidento pointing to my mo link - Movember Australia - Home but have been very disapponted by the response - not a sausage.

Mo Fellas and Sista's

I know our clubs are populated by an older age group generally so come on guys make a donation to something that counts and quite likley will affect many of us down the track (one in eight men they say). Heaven know's my water works ain't what they used to be!!

Any donation over $2 is tax deductable and the electronic donation system is very easy to use via a card and sends you a taxable receipt for next year's tax deductables.

Have a serious think fellas about donating and I don't care whether it is to Craig or myself just do it for a good cause.

Just for inspiration have a gander below - no not the Mo - the out of focus yellow beastie in the background - hmmmmmmmmmm cobras.

Slowy's Mo
Old 11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That mo looks like it needs and alignment and some extensions!

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And recolouring Merv
Old 11-24-2011, 02:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

I don't know about others, but I have received no less than 14 different Movember notifications asking for donations. The first two got something.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Given the whole thing is now international and for example our company has some 100+ participants, it would be hard to be missed by someone seeking donations I am guessing.

But that's a good thing.

And that you gave twice Ben well done but I've not seen any other club member donations. I just hope they gave to someone on this cause.

Steve - Snowy - Slowy's Mo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: