Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Goodwood Revival 2012 Cobras 50th Anniversary. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/113471-goodwood-revival-2012-cobras-50th-anniversary.html)

Donunder 11-30-2011 02:56 PM

Goodwood Revival 2012 Cobras 50th Anniversary.

Does this wet your whistle Merv???

THE 2012 GOODWOOD REVIVAL TO MARK THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE AC COBRA WITH A UNIQUE ONE-MODEL RACE | 3D Car Shows

The 2011 event sold out. The word is that if you're thinking of going next year ( and who WOULDN'T be!!) right now is the time to be getting organised.

Merv and Sharon 11-30-2011 02:59 PM

It does indeed Don and we are now in the midst of planning 6-7 weeks in Europe next year. I will task the 'travel agent' at home to factor this in!

boxhead 11-30-2011 04:04 PM

Oh man, I went to festival of speed a few years ago, but the revival featuring Cobra's, man I need to start saving.

boxhead 11-30-2011 04:06 PM

I just realised the dates, Ronda's birthday is 12th September, do you think she would enjoy a holiday in England as a birthday present?
Funny thing is we have actually been talking about going again.

Buzz 11-30-2011 04:09 PM

I am seriously thinking about altering next year's travel plans to accomodate a week in Jolly Olde for Goodwood. Some scheduling challenges exist, but where there's a will ....

All of the hotels in Chichester seem to be sold out so I'm looking at staying in Brighton about 30 odd miles away. Seems like a fun place near the sea and a couple of restaurants have already piqued my interest.

Anybody familiar with the area think that's the way to go? I'm a complete stranger to the area so any tips and suggestions are most welcome.

boxhead 11-30-2011 06:03 PM

The minister for finance has approved this trip, Like Buzz I will be looking for tips on accomodation in the area, in 2009 Ronda and I caught the train down, but we only stayed the one day, look to stay for entire event this time.

Looking for nice B&B accomodation if anyone can recomend.

Buzz 11-30-2011 06:13 PM

Congrats Boxhead! I'm still in the approval application process, but the minister is checking out the event website - good omen - and looking up relatives' addresses in the general vicinity (she's originally from England).

alkire248 11-30-2011 06:34 PM

Brighton a little too far. Charming little town with great accommodations is Arundel. Stayed there this summer for Festival of Speed. About 20 minutes from Goodwood, easy access and lots to see.

Buzz 11-30-2011 07:24 PM

Thanks for the tip alkire. So far I've been searching travel packages on Expedia and narrowing the search to specific locales either gives a broad spread or no results at all. I'll have a look and see what I can find in Arundel.

alffie 12-01-2011 04:20 AM

Hi Boxy
What are the dates for the festival?

750hp 12-01-2011 04:22 AM

Count me in!

boxhead 12-01-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alffie (Post 1163768)
Hi Boxy
What are the dates for the festival?

Alfie, date is September 14 - 16 2012.
The info is in the link at top of the page, Ronda and I will most likely head over mid August, do 3 weeks sight seeing (probably go the Neatherlands for a few days to see a friend) get Goodwood in at the end, then fly home.

sambo 12-01-2011 02:34 PM

I'm planning to be in the UK for a wedding in June and my Uncle lives in Brighton, a short distance from Goodwood as mentioned above. Damn I wish I could extend the holiday out to mid september but that's a 3 month jaunt - not gonna happen. I hope they make a doco of the event.

Towmaster 12-01-2011 04:28 PM

My wife & I are going to Greece for about a month (her family is Greek) next year then I am Gunna drive a few laps around the nurburgring and then I guess I am Gunna have to go to the UK again... Make sure to try & steer clear of London... Olympics = kaos.....

Cameron Parsons 12-01-2011 05:38 PM

Might have to do this myself

I think I might have to put this on the calendar. I get to London 4-5 times a year, should be easy enough to line up the dates.

Ash, the mainstream games are over a month earlier and the Paras will be all over by Sept 9th, so you should be OK.

Would be nice to catch up with a few of the Aussie mob.

Cameron

stephen low 12-01-2011 05:55 PM

My wife has been in my ear about visiting my God Father for his 90th Birthday celebrations on 1 September.

He lives in Staines but that means we have a couple of weeks touring time to go see the rest of our relos.

Might be fortuetous timing as getting to Goodwood would seal the deal for me.

Anyone know how quickly the event sells out?

Steve

boxhead 12-01-2011 07:21 PM

Forgot about the Olympics.

We will most likely head over early/mid August, Ronda wants to visit Althorp house again (it closes on 31st August)
Also plan a few days in Neatherlands to catch up with a x work mate of Ronda's.

Accomodation wise, we have also been looking at Bognor Regis (hope the place is nicer than the name)

Towmaster 12-01-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron Parsons (Post 1163856)
I think I might have to put this on the calendar. I get to London 4-5 times a year, should be easy enough to line up the dates.

Ash, the mainstream games are over a month earlier and the Paras will be all over by Sept 9th, so you should be OK.

Would be nice to catch up with a few of the Aussie mob.

Cameron

ON a side note......
My mother is one of the selectors for the Australian Paralympic Dressage team.... She was a judge at Sydney 2000 too. She is going to London & staying in the village.... I am guessing I couldn't crash on the couch there for a couple of days....

stuartt 12-01-2011 09:01 PM

Guys, try Pallant Holiday lets, i used them when i went to the Festival of Speed earlier this year.

Superb self catering holiday homes in Sussex and Hampshire | Home

Stuart

Trev 12-01-2011 10:07 PM

Hi All i went to Goodwood 2011 June and stayed at Worthing bed and breakfast, B&B, guest-house guest house accommodation - Merton House - Guesthouse / bed and breakfast accommodation in Worthing, West Sussex.
In Worthing
Found the place to be clean tidy and a fab brekky Was a bit of a drive to Goodwood about 35-40 mins I think??

Trev