Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

that was my point boxhead, although those stats are only the last 30 days
Old 01-17-2012, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Box, the bid history only relates to the 30 day bid history. In that case, it's only the one bid that equates to the 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
I think you will get a phone call or second chance option.

Did you check the winning bidders bidding history?
100% with this seller????

Its called shill bidding.
Bidding Details
Old 01-17-2012, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Jeez, a guy spends all his spare time setting up a new Oz Cobra Forum and he can still beat me to the punch!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Cheers guys, I did not realise that it was only the past months worth.

Always learning.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

The only problem with getting your mates to bid things up is that they never pay .

Time will tell, either you will get asked, or it will be relisted.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nothing I can see with this appears dodgy at all. Dodgy things happen at live auctions....

Example.
Ford Falcon gets rolled out to auction. Guy in a Ford Dealers Mechanics overalls scampers under the car, pops bonnets, shakes a few things, checks the radiator cap, then waves 'no no' to a fella in the crowd wearing a suits with a folder under his arm. He turns away, doesnt bid and starts shuffling papers looking for next car to buy. Some fella wearing thick glasses flannalette shirt and jeans that are waaay too short bids and wins car for a steal.

Suit man, flanno geek and ford 'mechanic' later seen driving away in the same car...
Old 01-17-2012, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Cobra / B&B 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Who the heck wants an LPG powered Cobra!?

Cheap? LPG 351 in a 10-year old build. NOT
Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls141 View Post

Fair point if you live in Virginia

The LPG is to meet emissions standards in AUS & possibly quite "cheap" when you consider what the alternatives are particularly in NSW
Old 01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Fair point if you live in Virginia

The LPG is to meet emissions standards in AUS & possibly quite "cheap" when you consider what the alternatives are particularly in NSW

Just So....Everything in this over regulated and expensive state is over priced....including used Cobreps and a DIY Build your own is more expensive than it used to be. Some of the prices of the cobs on carsales for NSW cobreps are way over the top...I am not going to pay 65 grand for a car that my insurance will only cover for 50 grand. This was another reason I discounted the FOCUS RS immediately.

There is one guy who has justed dropped his ex NSW rego (current VIC) cobra from 67K to 65K. It is a 95 LPG 351W G force with 8000 kms...similar but 5 years older than the one that I missed at 50K.

Now the next prob here is this car sold on Shannon's about a year ago for 59K odd with a comprehensive defect report on outstandings that apparently still need work.

I understand people are expecting these cars to appreciate but unless you do not really want to sell and are merely keeping the significant other happy by having it up for sale...well set a realistic price.

Even importing a Cobra from interstate will be 3 odd grand to get certified, thence another 2 grand for registration transfer.

Having a look at whats in the USA, (I actually try not to as it is frustrating in terms of bang for the buck)....is amazing...but with the Gillard Import duty taxes, cost of shipping and importing, financing RHD conversion for NSW full rego compliance and thence certification for an OS import, well bolt on 50 to 60 grand on the US advertised price to get it on the road.

Is it no wonder that with the cost of NSW build increased, import and certification reqs from interstate or OS excessive costs, that NSW vendors in the know recognize no competition in regards to import or build market and price their resale to reflect.

So after my wee rant.....the 2002 LPG 50 grand car was 15 to 20 K under the NSW market
Old 01-17-2012, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Some of the older cars are terrific. A friend up here bought a late 80's Anaconda with a carbed 351 that is just stunning. Beautifully built, very authentic, solid and goes perfectly. Age may not be an issue, but condition and specification will, especially in a NSW car.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.

Last edited by Merv and Sharon; 01-17-2012 at 05:59 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls141 View Post

Maybe you should direct that question to REPTYL on here his OLD BARGE even Runs a boat Anchor Cleveland and wait it even runs LPG.....A well built and maintained car that looks great and runs hard where ever it goes!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-17-2012, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

He was prepared to sell it at the reserve price. If your final bid was above that price, which I understand it was, then that should be your price (assuming he comes back). Of course he wants the final bid, so he can take the sure thing or start over. Most reasonable people once this sinks in and they find you a reasonable person will agree. It's the unreasonable ba$tards you have to watch out for...
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Icetoo, it's called supply and demand. You actually seem pissed off that the cars you want are out of your price range, and that the vendors should set a realistic price. They can put whatever the f**k they want on THEIR car. If you don't have the coin to pay for it, get yourself a mgb. If you insurance company won't insure it for what u want, get a new insurance company. For fifty grand u might get yourself a drb or crown gforce with a 302 auto. Not happy with that, keep saving and stop whining.

Cheers
Old 01-17-2012, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

ICETOO, I had a look at the ex NSW plated you are talking about...was it the blue one? My inquiries with the RTA meant that although it had been previously registered in NSW, it would still have to go through the entire drama exactly the same as registering a interstate vehicle, hence I looked away.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICETOO View Post
I am not going to pay 65 grand for a car that my insurance will only cover for 50 grand.
Not sure if you are talking about Cobra's there, but just assisted a customer with insurance of his 2002 Harrison with Shannon's. Covered for $85k, no questions asked. Yearly premium $413.00. It's a fully restored high spec Cobra so I think the insurance value of $85k is justified. He would be out of pocket if it was insured for any less.

I've personally been asked for photos and spec lists by Shannon's to verify the value of the vehicle. Recently they have not had a problem with insuring the vehicle for what I consider to be fair market price.

Just keep looking it is a buyers market, you might even find something even better than the ebay car if you are patient enough.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVREDSLED View Post
ICETOO, I had a look at the ex NSW plated you are talking about...was it the blue one? My inquiries with the RTA meant that although it had been previously registered in NSW, it would still have to go through the entire drama exactly the same as registering a interstate vehicle, hence I looked away.
Yep HSV, that would be it. this is the old shannon's link and report ...

Lot 19 - AC Cobra Replica Roadster - Classic Vehicle Auctions - Shannons

Apparently this car still has a valid NSW engineering cert that is good till mid year before the sunset clause for existing certificates on the old scheme expires.

BTW thanks your you informative and value adding opinion Tenrocca...be sure it has been filed accordingly. Are you interested in buying a car from me sometime...I will give you a really good deal ???

Funnily enough the insurer's I approached were Shannon's who quoted a higher premium (around 500 bucks) for even 50K agreed value. I have a full 70 percent no claim bonus, was going for limited usage, all drivers over forty, clean record, 3 other cars, nil bingles or infringements, etc all the good stuff.

Apparently, according to LSV, I need to have an actual year and model type before LSV can give me any accurate estimate.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICETOO View Post
BTW thanks your you informative and value adding opinion Tenrocca...be sure it has been filed accordingly. Are you interested in buying a car from me sometime...I will give you a really good deal ???

Funnily enough the insurer's I approached were Shannon's who quoted a higher premium (around 500 bucks) for even 50K agreed value. I have a full 70 percent no claim bonus, was going for limited usage, all drivers over forty, clean record, 3 other cars, nil bingles or infringements, etc all the good stuff.
Whack it in your folder titled "$hit I know nothing about" if u can find some room. Refer to it often-no extra charge for a second look. You'd have a whinge if there was.

Not everyone can afford royal sydney, so they play at Moore park. They tend to not to have a sookasaurus about it though in the royal sydney club house. (that was a metaphor, you can file that away too)
Old 01-17-2012, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
They tend to not to have a sookasaurus about it though in the royal sydney club house.
hahahaha
Old 01-18-2012, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Andrew, back to nice person rehab for you fella.