Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Boss Cobra #66 , Under Construction
Not Ranked     
Smile General Query-DRB Boss 5.4L Jag

Hi Folks, We, my sons & I are new to the Forum and to building an AC Cobra. We have chosen a DRB Boss Cobra to have Jag Suspension, Boss 260/290 & 6spd Manual most likely from a donor car if we can find the right one. We plan to do everything we can ourselves perhaps foolishly but with passion. We have lots of questions but have 3 to start and a general request so I'll split them up and look forward your suggestions.

General Request

Our general request is for anyone who has been down the same track as myself and my sons with a DRB Boss Cobra version with Jag Suspension and a Boss 260/290 5.4L. Unfortunately Peter has sold his Citric Acid Demo some time back so we have nothing to compare to for those many little issues we will face along the way. The engine bay and under the car are areas we are struggling to get a handle on. Every car is unique but the journey is similar in many ways. Any photos or better still seeing a car would be great.

On the next post I guess we wont be saying we are new! We have already received some messages back from some questions we sent from some of the posts on the forum and the responses have been greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Route 66
Brisbane, Qld
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Welcome to the forum Route 66. This place is a great resource with lots of helpful people as well as info and a lot of good natured ribbing too. I would also suggest that you join the QLD chapter of cobra club. A great bunch of men and ladies
Rog

Harrison #100
Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog246 View Post
Welcome to the forum Route 66. This place is a great resource with lots of helpful people as well as info and a lot of good natured ribbing too. I would also suggest that you join the QLD chapter of cobra club. A great bunch of men and ladies
Rog
Hi Rog, Thanks for the responses to this and my various queries, I appreciate all advice. We have joined the Qld Cobra Club at the last breakfast and met a few of the guys although apart from Warren we don't know too many at this stage. It is a bit frustrating seeing the guys turn up in their completed projects while we have just started and have a chassis and a body but we will get there!!!

Regards

Route 66
Old 01-23-2012, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

Well i know that feeling really well. I've been mucking about with mine for a couple of years and don't seem to be getting anywhere-its frustrating but it happens and hopefully when done I'll really appreciate it
Rog

Harrison #100
Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

My 2 cents worth is....before you do anything find a signatory engineer who is familiar with ICVs and have a long chat. You will be ahead of your own game after that chat !
Old 01-23-2012, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

A lot of the guys in the club have built their own cars so are very familiar with the seeing completed cars scenario. Hold in there, half the fun is in the building... And then modifying again and again..
Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Route 66, we all started that way. Lots of advice and always (often anyway) a Cobra thought in your head as you drift off to sleep at night. Geof (Cob07) always said the re-build (as you improve upon perfection) is the interesting bit, and he is right. Warren,as an initial connection is a good start, with his enthusiasm and networks.

Your engineer should be a gentleman known to most of us in south east QLD. Fair and helpful guy.

In the meantime - your camera is your best friend. Take lots and lots of photographs of every aspect and fitting. They are invaluable.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default The Engineer is in gear-wish we were!!!

Hi guys,

I took the advice early on and have spoken to "The Engineer" and the wheels are turning. I am told he has been involved with a majority of the Cobra's registered in SE Qld. He has sent me his checklist of must do's and said just follow the manual - I agree with him that it all seems like commonsense but there are still lots of gaps. We will get there and the feedback from some of the people in the forum and Qld Cobra Club has been great.

Regards

Route 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Route 66, we all started that way. Lots of advice and always (often anyway) a Cobra thought in your head as you drift off to sleep at night. Geof (Cob07) always said the re-build (as you improve upon perfection) is the interesting bit, and he is right. Warren,as an initial connection is a good start, with his enthusiasm and networks.

Your engineer should be a gentleman known to most of us in south east QLD. Fair and helpful guy.

In the meantime - your camera is your best friend. Take lots and lots of photographs of every aspect and fitting. They are invaluable.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
It is a bit frustrating seeing the guys turn up in their completed projects while we have just started and have a chassis and a body but we will get there!!!
Mate, a lot of us of been in your shoes, including myself. Just stay focused, and keep your build progressing. You've made a great start by attending the club meetings, have a close look at the Cobra's you see at the club meetings and get around and talk to the guys there that have built them. Funnily enough, I have gotten far more out of the relationships forged and club activities than I got out of the Cobra's themselves. And man I just love my Cobra's. Enjoy.