Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   2 Days of THUNDER Shannons MC 2012 QR (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/114518-2-days-thunder-shannons-mc-2012-qr.html)

spookypt 02-23-2012 08:09 PM

2 Days of THUNDER Shannons MC 2012 QR

Just a heads up that the Shannons Muscle Car Event "2 Days of Thunder" 2012 is locked into the QR calendar for the 22nd,23rd and 24th of June.

The 22nd is an open practice with the main event held over the Saturday and Sunday.

A great opportunity for some of the NSW and Victorian guys to come up and enjoy a great event and hospitality.

Spookypt

Merv and Sharon 02-24-2012 02:44 PM

Looks good Matt. Will you be going?

400TT 02-24-2012 02:54 PM

A great event, we will definitely be there again.

spookypt 02-25-2012 02:05 AM

Hope to be Merv.

spookypt 05-13-2012 07:45 PM

Team BDM have been out practising.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...pictureid=7864

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...pictureid=7863

Towmaster 05-16-2012 09:28 PM

Ok I have contacted Queensland Raceway today and am reserving (I hope) 6 double bays that can hold 18 cars. If you are thinking of doing this event then could you please let me know because if we don't have enough vehicles to fill the bays then I will cancel some of them.

spookypt 05-16-2012 10:13 PM

Qr

Ash, can we post up a list of people wanting to attend so as we get get an idea of numbers?

Towmaster 05-16-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1190793)
Ash, can we post up a list of people wanting to attend so as we get get an idea of numbers?

List of confirmed attendees so far.

Ashley Bright

Seriously.... QR won't confirm anything until after this weekend has run it's course. Said he will get back to me next week some time.

spookypt 05-16-2012 11:10 PM

Qr

Here's a general list of last years people including some new people who may be keen to have a crack. That's 19 - 20.!

- Scotty/Mario
- Me
- Gary H
- Geoff T
- Chunky ?
- John W? (May be with Abso Pace garage)
- Wazza/Wrench?
- Greg aka Byron Cobra
- Mick aka Schipps?
- Waybe P?
- Gwenn/Digby Cooke?
- Derek DC7531???
- Mick W?
- Warwick H
- Tony Stark
- Phil Aish
- Greg Q
- Yve
- Dennis S
- Joe B???

byroncobra 05-17-2012 12:38 AM

Yep Matt, count me in.

Peter, also a spot in the shed thanks.

Just trying to work out filling in the rego forms..........are we submitting a group?

Whats the diff between the 2 entries?

http://www.qldraceways.com.au/files/...orm%202012.pdf

http://www.qldraceways.com.au/files/...orm%202012.pdf

Cheers

spookypt 05-17-2012 01:35 AM

I'm not sure who's got the batton to organise it for this year? Weve Usually heard well and truly by now... Hopefully Wazza or Ash can shed some light as we really need to get some things bedded down and locked in. If knowone has put their hand up for this year I'll throw my hat in and organise it?? It's a great event and with new people showing interest it's really important we give them some support and guidance, as like all new things it can be a bit overwhelming. It still is for me.!!! Stay tuned.

Wazza 05-17-2012 02:07 AM

Step back a bit Spooky...

It's all getting done mate......

We have all the contact in hand...

As Ash said...they have made it clear that we will be able to sort everything out in the next few days.

Either myself or Chunky will be putting out the info , so that we can all know what's going on.

There will be a "Group" as per previous years, made up of Cobras and GT40's, and we've tentatively booked 18 spots in the garage...Pace and BDR will probably be booking their own areas as well.

Stay Tuned !

Cheers,
Warren

spookypt 05-17-2012 02:34 AM

Sweet. All yours Wazza.

OZVENOM 05-17-2012 11:08 PM

long striaghts mmmm???

I think i am going to need some extra horse power for this one hey matty can i buy some of your old c16 racing fuel . it might be just what i need to run a few extra pounds of boost.

looking forward to it.

You can put me and Mario down for a shed space Ash.
oz:3DSMILE:

Wazza 05-17-2012 11:32 PM

Ronnie and I will be "Double Entering" "Hee Hee !!!...in my Red Cobra...so a spot in the shed please Ash .

Cheers,
Warren.

TUF-427 05-18-2012 12:44 AM

Shed me Up please Brighty as Usual....:LOL:

As Wazza and Ash has stated already,

Guys,

Please Hang off a couple of days before we start sending entries in to avoid confusion with Forms, groups and Licencing etc.

Yes I know its a little late this year sorry but been a little busy moving house etc.....

Dual entry cars will have to have the second driver run in an alternate Group,

we need to confirm all this With the organisers first...

Unfortunatly the Shannons Organiser for this event is on leave until the 20th,

So also been wanting to do the right thing by Shannons too and touch base with them before we dive in headlong....

Matt I do have a job for you on that weekend if your keen to help out?
Pm or give me a bell....Its relevant to one of your ideas....

Peter...

spookypt 05-18-2012 01:46 AM

Pete, yep happy to help. Will call u over the weekend. Chris is keen to jump in the car this year and have a fang as long as u ll all let her pass????? Just need make some adjustments so she can reach the pedals.. Lol

750hp 05-18-2012 02:59 AM

Jeez, that's jumping in the deep end. You sure you don't want to buy Chris a track spec MX5 for starters?

spookypt 05-18-2012 03:19 AM

Chris is concerned it has no sun visor with mirror to check her hair do as she passes the flag tower. Dont worry mate... I'm jesting..

Mrs flatchat 05-18-2012 03:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Will Lola be allowed this year ?