Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 07-22-2012, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra 118, Alum 427,Manual C4, 9'DIFF, 4 LINK rear Suspension
Not Ranked     
Default Side Pipes Manufacturer

Does anyone know of a good Side pipe manufacturer in Australia, Looking for Polished stainless steel to suit Harrison kit extented chassis.
Raaps
Old 07-22-2012, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Gday Mate:
cheers from NY, suggestion, I am in the same dilemma, I have ceramic coated sidepipes on my Cobra and I was considering changing them for stainless steel, guess what give serious consideration to order ceramic coated. Maintaining the stainless steel from going yellow is a pain in the rear. Today I just polished mine with Flitz and they came out great. Just my two cents before you go out spending your money on stainless steel, and I do love stainless steel (when it is new).
cheers
Lou(Basque1)
Old 07-22-2012, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Give Warrick a call, he has them made locally.

Mine are Factory Fives
4 Port Side Exhaust Uncoated - Factory Five Parts Catalog
but are mild steel, matt black. They used to carry a stainless set but I can't see them on their website now...maybe email them? There are quite a few Cobras fitted with these in Aus. Much cheaper than locally made ones.

Only prob is their fixed length, so if you're insistent on them finishing at the rear wheel arch they'll come up short. There's plenty of argument though as to the "correct" length

Search for other posts on this.......there's plenty of info here

Greg
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra 118, Alum 427,Manual C4, 9'DIFF, 4 LINK rear Suspension
Not Ranked     

Lou and Greg, Warwick is having problems getting anyone to make side pipes at moment, And I have rang an email across our great land with no response. Lou may have to buy FF and cut and shut them to get our lenght to suit??
Thanks
Craig
Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Default side pipes

Hi Guys unfortunately Don at snake bite has stopped making side pipes they are they are the best quality and original shape .
but like a lot of things cost of materials and labour for polishing made unprofitable to manufacture. they were also not working type .
I am looking at importing some made over seas but seem to have problems just getting responses to emails .
I used to buy all the parts from Don to make them into live side pipes takes a lot more work . i have 1 set of bends and collector left.
contact me at work if you are interested in buying or getting them finished off
I can make them longer to suit the extra 100mm wheel base.

I even got an email from a company in china wanting to sell me side pipes except they had copied them off a cobra with a chev engine . so fitment is also a problem .
Regards oz.
work number is 0732004072.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: