Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default 2012 Cops & Rodders Car Show Engadine NSW

I entered the Cobra in this Show and 'Fletch' from TVS Classic Resto's done a short film clip of my car. It will be shown around mid November, 2012. Here are a few pics.

The sky at 8.30am.

Fletch and Baz

My Cobra will be on Classic Resto's mid November, 2012.

php/photo/80381][/url]
Fletch filming this beautiful 1958 Vette. It won 'Best at Show.'

What a great old 'Push out Windscreen' VW Kombi. Admire this one Phil.

440ci Dodge Charger

Check out the width of those rear treads.

A Daisy Duck Car.

Another Daisy Duck Car.

Turn up the music.

Now that is a Police Truck, not an Ice Cream Van.

The new livery on NSW Highway Patrol Cars.

Last edited by Baz; 10-14-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 12:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Check out the size of the computer screen in that patrol car. looks like they are driving solo now as there's no room for the passenger (it looks that way in the pic.) I hope not !
Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Looks like a good day Baz.

Its good to see events like this that promote working together with law and a good family day out.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Nice Bus Baz,
I have seen it many times and the owner is great, nice job on the resto spot.

Phil
Old 10-16-2012, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The in car computer in Police Cars have been around for a while and I know a fella whose ankle was broken when the pole holding the screen bent back on his foot is a high speed crash. Why he didnt sue I dont know.

As for the Paddy Wagon, did you get any photos from the back? I see a similar one crusing around with 19.1 on the back. Reason I know the number is that is the old call sign for Bankstown Police and lets just say.....in my youth...that number was very familiar..

Edit.. found a pic...yep....same car, same number plate!

Last edited by HSVREDSLED; 10-16-2012 at 02:11 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ooops I almost missed the HWP Charger in the pic. A mate of mine who spent his entire service in the HWP years ago used to say. "The Chargers were the quickest, just didnt stop. The Minis were the best around corners, just didnt go. Overall best HWP car? Toss up between XU1 and Falcon XD."

His words..
Old 10-16-2012, 02:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

I had a ride in a HWP specd. Charger (a HWP cop I knew built it at the time they were around). It handled pretty good and seemed to stop ok. maybe he did more to the brakes. I can't remember.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVREDSLED View Post
The in car computer in Police Cars have been around for a while and I know a fella whose ankle was broken when the pole holding the screen bent back on his foot is a high speed crash. Why he didnt sue I dont know.

As for the Paddy Wagon, did you get any photos from the back? I see a similar one crusing around with 19.1 on the back. Reason I know the number is that is the old call sign for Bankstown Police and lets just say.....in my youth...that number was very familiar..

Edit.. found a pic...yep....same car, same number plate!

Mate

Your spot on. 19/1 was the No. 1 response truck for the Bankstown Patrol. They instilled a lot more fear into the street-crap than these ice-cream trucks we now have.

Baz
Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. Smith View Post
I had a ride in a HWP specd. Charger (a HWP cop I knew built it at the time they were around). It handled pretty good and seemed to stop ok. maybe he did more to the brakes. I can't remember.
Hey there Rob,

They had a few more problems than what you have described. The bonnet had a huge problem of opening at the most un-opportune moments and the distributor had a habit of seizing at high revs which ultimately chopped out the cam gear. This happened to me on a few occasions. This mongrel mechanic at the local dealers stuck in a taxi cam instead of the high performance roller which was fitted originally. I had the only Police pursuit vehicle that would get 30 miles per gallon, but would only pull 85 mph tops.

What happened to him is another story.

Baz
Old 10-17-2012, 02:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cheers Baz.

When we saw the 19.1 wagon around (as kids) we would run (or pedal) for our lives. Not that we were doing anything wrong...we were just scared. It was the stigma of the beast. The reality was, that it would be staffed by numerous combinations of officers, yet we as kids were sh1t scared of 19.1. 19.10 and 19.11 were Bass Hill, but the 'champagne truck' 19.1 brought fear into many a young fella and indeed shaped many a young fella into decent people.

Fast forward 25 years and....ermm.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVREDSLED View Post
Cheers Baz.

When we saw the 19.1 wagon around (as kids) we would run (or pedal) for our lives. Not that we were doing anything wrong...we were just scared. It was the stigma of the beast. The reality was, that it would be staffed by numerous combinations of officers, yet we as kids were sh1t scared of 19.1. 19.10 and 19.11 were Bass Hill, but the 'champagne truck' 19.1 brought fear into many a young fella and indeed shaped many a young fella into decent people.

Fast forward 25 years and....ermm.
That's what it was all about !
There was respect and fear. The Cops had authority and did what they were supposed to do....enforce the laws. Now there's nothing like that. I miss the days when no one carried a knife and kids didn't know their 'rights'...a kick in the arse didn't create a law suit.................old fart rant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: