Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Hi All,
Great to meet up and some fantastic cars on display, must have been close to maybe 400 cars? With 5 Cobras and a sighting of Enzo's CSX 4### which we saw go past but I don't think he stopped. Here's a few pics just before the crowds hit.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I saw (and heard) a silver one heading along the The Entrance road near Forries yesterday? Who owns this?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX3021 Keith Craft 428fe
Not Ranked     

Hi fellas, it was good to see you guys today. Very nice cobras one and all.
HSVREDSLED, I presume the silver cobra is the same one the other guys refer to above, it belongs to a guy named Enzo, and is a continuation CSX4048. For sale if you have several hundred Ks. And great photos ICE.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
Hi fellas, it was good to see you guys today. Very nice cobras one and all.
HSVREDSLED, I presume the silver cobra is the same one the other guys refer to above, it belongs to a guy named Enzo, and is a continuation CSX4048. For sale if you have several hundred Ks. And great photos ICE.
Cheers Tengu.

I saw it going past me towards The Enty when I was heading to Erina, then I 'heard' it going past me again as I headed north. Damn nice sound!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the kudos on the snaps, they were earlier in the day before the crowd and the rest of us outcasts lobbed up, but I am quite happy with them, noting they were taken on the Samsung Galaxaphone two.

As far as a phone goes, its not a bad camera

The cars and not just ours where a credit to the owners and the random drunks leftovers from last night, AKA, MAZ 6, CAMRY and COMMODORE , where the standouts from the crowd.. LOL
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Some good pics there - everytime I see Bretts car I think about painting mine green. Just oozes class.

Ice - just curious about your cobra make. Looks like a DRB to me but you have it in your profile as a "Shelby American"?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Agree Andrew, Bretts car is simply stunning.

I am sure the red car is a DRB, those id tags are $20.00 from Finishline.

Finish Line Accessories

How did you boys go any dust collectors?

Phil
Old 10-28-2012, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some Backyardy ****box
Not Ranked     

Bretty your car always looks the goods..... simply stunning .......
The Homebush Body shape is certainly one of the best.....the differences are so noticeable especially when parked next to the red DRB
Old 10-28-2012, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Some good pics there - everytime I see Bretts car I think about painting mine green. Just oozes class.

Ice - just curious about your cobra make. Looks like a DRB to me but you have it in your profile as a "Shelby American"?
What does undercoat green ooze Andy?
I'm pretty sure it's not class!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure how the others went in the show (I just thought it was a good place to park) There was plenty of stiff competition there though, I heard on the news a figure of 600 cars in the show, which seems a tad high but there were sheet loads. What app are you running those pictures through Ice?
cheers

Legless
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul, just used the Auto correct function in the Microsoft picture manager, the pics are from what ever image capture the Samsung galaxy had, I had the camera settings on Auto.

Pretty happy with the way the car came up on the day and in the photos.

Didn't help that the PA died and hardly anyone could hear who won what, maybe they will post them some where.

Profile updated, I would hate to see people get concerned and curious about replicas, does anyone in Oz have an original 65...seen a CSX that was close but still....brands to me are about personnel preference not status, and I like mine just fine.

Last edited by ICETOO; 10-29-2012 at 02:10 AM..
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Easy mistake to make Icypole, the DRB and an original share loads of similarities.
They both have a steering wheel, an engine and loads of other neat stuff.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sure, cheers Gav, just like getting mixed up with Chevrolet and Ford engines, an easy mistake to make...they got pistons, blocks, crankshafts, some even have 8 cylinders too and loads of other neat stuff.

I am still reverse engineering the engineers cert and mapping against bits fitted, noting the absence of a build log. Unfortunately, the ADF takes up a lot of my time so a work still in progress.

Not disrespecting anyone here, preference is preference, anyhow, this thread is about Chromefest 2012 at the Entrance....wonder how it got irrelevant, seeing as I amended that in my profile when I bought the car home back in Feb.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Chev and Ford thing is an easy mistake to make, saying your DRB has a Shelby American chassis defies belief.