Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Superformance are not sold as a kit.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra_8 View Post
I think I have narrowed it down to either Absolute Pace, Factory Five Racing or Superformance. Just wonder if anyone knows what the base price of a Superformance Mk3 kit is?
Contact details for each for your reference:

Absolute pace
Craig

sales@absolutepace.com
3/12 Telford Place, Arundel QLD 4215
Ph (07) 3103 0957

Absolute Pace - Kit Car A Manufacturer of AC Shelby 427 Cobra & Ford GT40 Replica's (formally Race Car Replicas Australia)

NB: Been more than helpful to me

FACTORY FIVE
Chris

Ph - 0420 360 891
email - chris@componentcars.com.au
Russell Street
Morley WA 6062

Component Cars Australia

NB: Had a baptism of fire when he tried to launch on this site, but by all means has been very nice to me also.

SUPERFORMANCE CTC

Colin & Keith

32 Alfred Street ,
Warragul, Victoria, 3820
Ph 03-5622 3370
M: 0417 433 388 or 0418 514 177
E: ctc@ctcqm.net.au

http://www.cobtech.com.au/

NB: Colin I believe has moved on, and CTC is now with Keith Baxter, and has relocated from the address above?! Someone else to confirm please
You may wish to try the mobile numbers

Both Keith and Colin were very helpful to me also.

In fact was on may way to give them a cheque for a royal blue SPF I had crawled over a few times, when I arrived they'd sold it
You snooze! You lose!

Last edited by Dimis; 03-13-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

I reckon you would have to have been in a coma to have missed that blue SPF Dimis, it was there for ages!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
Well I wouldn't say you are comparing apples to apples with that selection of three!
Yeah I know that, but they all have something I like about their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Superformance are not sold as a kit.
Yeah I know, just asking the what their base price is without the engine, transmission and optional features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Contact details for each for your reference:

Absolute pace
Craig

sales@absolutepace.com
Ph (07) 3103 0957

Absolute Pace - Kit Car A Manufacturer of AC Shelby 427 Cobra & Ford GT40 Replica's (formally Race Car Replicas Australia)

NB: Been more than helpful to me

FACTORY FIVE
Chris

Ph - 0420 360 891
email - chris@componentcars.com.au
Russell Street
Morley WA 6062

Component Cars Australia

NB: Had a baptism of fire when he tried to launch on this site, but by all means has been very nice to me also.

SUPERFORMANCE CTC

Colin & Keith

32 Alfred Street ,
Warragul, Victoria, 3820
Ph 03-5622 3370
M: 0417 433 388 or 0418 514 177
E: ctc@ctcqm.net.au

Untitled Document

NB: Colin I believe has moved on, and CTC is now with Keith Baxter, and has relocated from the address above?! Someone else to confirm please
You may wish to try the mobile numbers

Both Keith and Colin were very helpful to me also.

In fact was on may way to give them a cheque for a royal blue SPF I had crawled over a few times, when I arrived they'd sold it
You snooze! You lose!
Thanks for their contact details, cheers!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Absolute pace
Craig

sales@absolutepace.com
Ph (07) 3103 0957

Absolute have moved

23 Demand Av
ARUNDEL
Old 03-20-2013, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

I have meet Chris the FFR Aussie rep a few times now. Although he did not come across on the forum as a good bloke, he is in person,Maybe just not skooled in forum ettiquette at the time. He will spend hours with you discussing options and letting you crawl all over the cars, take a million pics and do what you want with them....no silly secrets.

I have built and am still building a lot of different kit cars, I built a FFR Coupe a few years ago and I would have to say it was the most enjoyable car I built. The kit was comprehensive, the support is awesome, the quality of the parts was mostly good. The car drove fantastic and I had no problems, infact when I got the car it took 4 weeks to turn it from a chassis to a driving cart. You might regret buying some of the others but you wont regret a FFR.
When I got mine you had to convert them from LHD to RHD, this was an easy job as a Cortina steering rack bolted almost straight in. I also used an EB steering column which has all the revelant ADR's covered, also an easy job.

I have no connection with FFR except for the car I built.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post
Absolute have moved

23 Demand Av
ARUNDEL
Yeah, tried to call in and say g'day last week while Mustang hunting but to no avail. Probably just around the corner... Time to update the website Craig.

Cheers
Brett
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
I have meet Chris the FFR Aussie rep a few times now. Although he did not come across on the forum as a good bloke, he is in person,Maybe just not skooled in forum ettiquette at the time. He will spend hours with you discussing options and letting you crawl all over the cars, take a million pics and do what you want with them....no silly secrets.

I have built and am still building a lot of different kit cars, I built a FFR Coupe a few years ago and I would have to say it was the most enjoyable car I built. The kit was comprehensive, the support is awesome, the quality of the parts was mostly good. The car drove fantastic and I had no problems, infact when I got the car it took 4 weeks to turn it from a chassis to a driving cart. You might regret buying some of the others but you wont regret a FFR.
When I got mine you had to convert them from LHD to RHD, this was an easy job as a Cortina steering rack bolted almost straight in. I also used an EB steering column which has all the revelant ADR's covered, also an easy job.

I have no connection with FFR except for the car I built.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Snake View Post
Yeah, tried to call in and say g'day last week while Mustang hunting but to no avail. Probably just around the corner... Time to update the website Craig.

Cheers
Brett
Cheers!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As usual from time to time I do a little more research on the Cobra Project and I was pretty sure of certain things, but now not so much. I'm referring to the choice of engine, I know I wanna stick to a modern aluminum engine and that's why I choose the Ford Coyote to begin with, but now I am beginning to have abominable thoughts of a GM LS3, it's apparently smaller, lighter, more power and torque for a similar price of a Ford Coyote. I assume most people here would choose the GM LS3 over the Ford Coyote if they were the only choices?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Replica, 5.0 Supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Both the Coyote and LS3 are great engines in there own right. I guess the LS3 beginning a single Cam engine is a little more old school than the Coyote, and you can get a lumpy idle with a bigger cam if you want to. I'm not sure if you can mod Coyote cams? I'm currently looking at an EFI Windsor as an option.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by d488y2 View Post
Both the Coyote and LS3 are great engines in there own right. I guess the LS3 beginning a single Cam engine is a little more old school than the Coyote, and you can get a lumpy idle with a bigger cam if you want to. I'm not sure if you can mod Coyote cams? I'm currently looking at an EFI Windsor as an option.
Yeah I wouldn't mind the old school engine blocks with EFI, but I still prefer to have the modern for better fuel consumption, cause I do intend to drive it at least twice a week. Hey you live my side of town, if you don't me having a peak around sometimes and let me know your progress cause I would be deciding between Superformance, Factory Five Racing or Absolute Pace builds.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Fuel Consumption ??? It's a COBRA...they drink like a merchant sailor. That's part of owning a Cobra.....If you have to worry about fuel consumption. Buy a prius ! When all the fuel runs out Cobras will be cool garden ornaments !! Just joking...ha ha ha Go the Coyote.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Fuel Consumption ??? It's a COBRA...they drink like a merchant sailor. That's part of owning a Cobra.....If you have to worry about fuel consumption. Buy a prius ! When all the fuel runs out Cobras will be cool garden ornaments !! Just joking...ha ha ha Go the Coyote.

Fuel in my 50 litre tank lasts about 5 minutes @ FULL ROAR

Cobra_8, go the EFI Windsor, Massflo Intake, trick heads.......beauuuuutiful

Last edited by byroncobra; 04-08-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Old 04-12-2013, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just to cause more confusion, you must also consider the Gforce from WA, makes one of the straightest bodies around. That what I got in December, workmanship on body and chassis is work of art.
Engine wise, wait for new the GM gen 5 6.2L direct injection. claims 9L/100km in new Corvette. The problem with the Coyote is as I understand it, is it is wide, and takes away from foot well space.