Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-17-2013, 10:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #120
Not Ranked     
Default Windscreen Install on a Harrison

Hello all,

I am at the point of installing the windscreen and wiper system but have a few question before i start cutting and drilling.
Can someone please send me the dimensions for a Harrison from the centre of the base of the windscreen back to the edge of the fiberglass lip and also the "layback angle" of the windscreen when measured on the centre of the screen. I am sure there will be a few different dimensions given but you know the old saying "measure twice cut once".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Cheers

Luke
Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Luke

Have a look at a few other cars and choose the best lay back angle. Make yours up to suit. I used the standard distance from screen to rear lip and now find that I would prefer the screen to be further back. The issue then is that the rubber at the front will no longer seal with the body. For the few times I drive in the rain and the difficulty of keeping water out elsewehre, I would prefer to have sacrificed this for a lower angle.

I spoke to Don Pilling at the time of doing my car and 45* is apparently the way to go. Mine is more around 50*.

If you want my measurement, let me know and I will run a tape over it. Is yours stretched?

Geof
Old 03-19-2013, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Geof,

Thanks for the response. If you could send through your measurements (just looking for a ball park) that would be great and yes it is the stretched version.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Luke

The distance from my screen to the rear of the cockpit is 910mm. My chassis is the non extended version so with the extra 100mm this should equate to 1005mm on your car.

Hope this helps.

Geof
Old 03-21-2013, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

I was thinking the measurement was from the base of the screen to the edge of the dash. The measurement to the back of the cockpit would be from the top corners of the screen to make sure everything is square.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     

Luke,

I will be home from a trip tonight and can send through a few measurements for comparison, mine is the stretched version and the screen was fitted by Warwick.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info guys. Yes the measurement from the centre of the base of the screen back to the edge of the dash would be great.

Luke
Old 03-22-2013, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Luke

Just checked mine and it is 170mm from the inside of the bottom of the screen frame to the end of the rolled lip on the front of the cockpit.

Cheers

Geof
Old 03-22-2013, 03:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

Hi Luke
Hows the cobra going? Hangers looking good
Old 03-22-2013, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     

Luke, as I have the soft top up and the dash pad fitted, it was easier to measure from the rear edge of the bonnet opening to the front bottom edge of the screen at the centre - 115mm. Also, from the top front corners of the screen back down to the top rear corner of the door opening - 845mm. Derek
Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Dont forget to make sure there is no twist in the screen or you'll end up with a crack

A good way to check is to fit the side brackets without the glass and frame, then stretch a piece of string diagonally from the bottom corner to the opposite top corner bracket, then the same with the other one. Where the 2 strings touch should be exactly in the middle.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Maybe I was wrong but I measured, with Warwick's advice, from the top of the screen centre to the centre of the rear lip/bulkhead behind the seats. I used a broom stick with taped screws at different points to try different angles. Worked fine. I had measured quite a few others beforehand for comparison.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

Thanks for the feedback guys. Got the screen in last night. Few dramas with the mounts not lining up so will have to cut them out and re weld them.

Alfie the cobra is coming along. Will post a few photos shortly and yes the hanger is getting there, should move in around July/ August. Should be plenty of room to work on the car in there once we get rid of the aircraft.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: