Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by just dreamin View Post
MAJOR DRAMA!!!!
Hardly...
Wait till those New South Welshmen accidentally trip over the line and win game 3. We'll never hear the end of it... Putting up with them gloating will be more akin to the MAJOR DRAMA your looking for.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

I just arrived in WA so my first priority is finding somewhere that is broadcasting game 2 live. Go QLD!

Anyway, back to the car. I took a video of it. Just beforehand a guy drove up in a golf buggy to say that I must obviously be selling, and it's "the neatest 1950's sports car I've ever seen, and that's my favourite era".

Close enough... With that strong endorsement and recommendation (!), here it is. The electric fan sounds like it is creating its own weather system, but that was just the air noise for my little phone camera. It doesn't really sound like that...

Old 06-23-2013, 10:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force MkII, Ford 429, Tremec TKO, Jag Suspension, Sequential LPG Injection, On The Road.
Not Ranked     

Hi Craig,

PM sent.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Moderators - jumping in...

The role of the moderator is just that to moderate - now why did I say that..

Whilst Moderators can terminate/close 'Threads' that get out of hand or start getting personal - it usually results in personal attacks, language or argument that may see a 'Thread' closed. Rest assured that they/we are watching..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-24-2013, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good luck with the sale. I am surprised it has not sold.

I was looking at the Cobra with a friend whom is lurking in the background as a potential Cobraphile.

His comments summed it up perfectly - "what a neat car, I would change a few things, perhaps wheels and add the roll bar back. Maybe a period correct wood wheel"

We discussed it further and his praise of the car and few small changes he wanted to make had him excited. He is home now adding up and looking at finances.. Maybe a sale soon..

Ever purchaser makes a few small changes or individualises....

Last edited by BMK; 06-24-2013 at 10:52 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keep us posted on the South Australian event.

If its not to cold I may head over...

.... A great reason to go for a drive

Last edited by BMK; 06-24-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 04:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: v10 ford
Not Ranked     

Bernie , like you need a reason. Here's one its in November. Actually Fri 1st is run to the Eagle same as the Grand Prix days, Sat 2nd show and shine probably and dinner/presentation night. Official launch shortly. How is that for a hijack?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bernie. Craig White had the right thought, saying that it is a blank canvas for someone to make it exactly what they want. For not a lot of money, you could sell the small block and legally fit a mild 390 FE big block with working side pipes. It won't be anywhere near as nice as your incredible Kirkham, but it would have to be the least expensive legal LHD big block Cobra in the country when it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
Good luck with the sale. I am surprised it has not sold.

I was looking at the Cobra with a friend whom is lurking in the background as a potential Cobraphile.

His comments summed it up perfectly - "what a neat car, I would change a few things, perhaps wheels and add the roll bar back. Maybe a period correct wood wheel"

We discussed it further and his praise of the car and few small changes he wanted to make had him excited. He is home now adding up and looking at finances.. Maybe a sale soon..

Ever purchaser makes a few small changes or individualises....
Old 06-25-2013, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Thanks Bernie. Craig White had the right thought, saying that it is a blank canvas for someone to make it exactly what they want. For not a lot of money, you could sell the small block and legally fit a mild 390 FE big block with working side pipes. It won't be anywhere near as nice as your incredible Kirkham, but it would have to be the least expensive legal LHD big block Cobra in the country when it's done.
I can't believe this hasn't sold... The longer it's on the market the closer I get to raising the funds.

See post #20
What did you think I meant by "imagination"?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know what you're saying. Part of me wanted to fill in the roll bar and side pipe holes, remove the hood scoop, fit AC badges, pin drive wheels and make it a classic street Cobra style (rather than the 427S/C look).

Then I thought about going balls-out as I have a big block Ford engine and a rebuilt toploader 4sp that I was also thinking about installing with some barely muffled sidepipes.

Then I started driving it to work every day for the last little while and fell in love with it just as it is. It sounds good, doesn't get hot in traffic, starts first time, only needs the choke on for about 20 seconds before it idles perfectly regardless of how cold the winter temp is outside, and it makes me smile every time I get in it. Even the most mundane drive to work is fun when you can hear the burble through the gears and blip the throttle on the downshift to hear the solid roller lifters clicking away with their unique sound. You don't have to go fast in a Cobra to be having fun

The more I think about this car and about the price I advertised it for, the more I think I should keep it. I need to be sensible though and allow someone else the chance to own this unique car as I have something else on the go and owning 6 cars is just getting a bit impractical. As others have seen before in the past, I like to price cars reasonably so they will sell quickly and I'm confident my Cobra will sell shortly after I return from holidays.

Interstate guys, call me odd, but I'll probably be kicking myself about selling the car by seeing it turn up to the Qld Cobra Club monthly breakfasts, so I'll work with you to throw in a sweetener to overcome the distance for you.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Drb, 302 Comp cam, Cobra Nationals 2001 and 2002
Not Ranked     

Nice car and in the video it sounds really as it should. Are side pipes hard to source? was thinking of building a Factory 5 or Absolute kits. But here in Cairns there doesn't seem to be any easy source of getting the engineering side of the build completed without trailering the car south. So am thinking of restoration/modifying existing vehicle. Yours looks good as it is and wouldnt take much work to put your own stamp on it. Like others I am too waiting for finances to turn up. Ah the wait can be painfull sometimes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: