Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By byroncobra

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default 2013 European Cobra Club Meeting

I'm excited.....

off to the UK on Wednesday to visit the Donington Kitcar Show

Welcome to Donington 2013

then zip to Nurburgring for German Superbikes

drive down south and visit the KTM factory

across to Bavaria for 3 days for the Euro Cobra Nationals

ECM 2013 | European Cobra Meeting 2013 (you gotta check the website........organisation of the Germans is unbelievable)

then back to the UK to catch DAX's open day to pick up a few bits for my Rush MC

Home - DJ Sportscars International Ltd.

hows that for a boys trip

Last edited by byroncobra; 08-18-2013 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 08-18-2013, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Where is the dislike button????

(Just jealous... Enjoy!)
Old 08-18-2013, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Greg are you gunna do a couple of Nordschleiffe laps while you are there?
Definitely worth it IMO.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tonus

Ash
can you organise a drive on the day?

This excerpt is a bit of a worry if I'm in Europcar's Golf......

Quote:
Drivers interested in lap times often time themselves from the first bridge after the barriers to the last gantry (aka Bridge-to-Gantry or BTG time) before the exit.[13] In the event of an accident, the local police are known to make note of any timing devices present (stopwatches, etc.) in the police report.[citation needed] The driver's insurance coverage may consequently be voided, leaving the driver fully liable for damage. Normal, non-racing, non-timed driving accidents should be covered by driver's insurance,[12] but it is increasingly common for UK insurers especially to insert exclusion clauses that mean drivers and riders on the Nürburgring have third-party coverage only[citation needed] or none at all.[14]
Old 08-18-2013, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Greg go to RSR Nurburg, great bunch of guys, they have right hand drive vehicles also. They hire track specific vehicles from a Renault Clio to a F430 Ferrari... Depending on ur budget.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

We did a couple of laps in our X-Trail hire car.
There are certainly a couple of places that can catch you out, but if you take care and watch your mirrors it's awesome! The scenery is more spectacular than the laptime. The more time you spend in the lap the more you can enjoy...
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Greg

Hope you enjoy the trip. Weather is ideal here at the moment. I am in South Kensington London now returning Friday.

Read the Hertz renter car Thread in All Cobra Talk. You may get some ideas..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post
I'm excited.....

off to the UK on Wednesday to visit the Donington Kitcar Show

Welcome to Donington 2013

then zip to Nurburgring for German Superbikes

drive down south and visit the KTM factory

across to Bavaria for 3 days for the Euro Cobra Nationals

ECM 2013 | European Cobra Meeting 2013 (you gotta check the website........organisation of the Germans is unbelievable)

then back to the UK to catch DAX's open day to pick up a few bits for my Rush MC

Home - DJ Sportscars International Ltd.

hows that for a boys trip
So I hope I see you There

Martin

Last edited by 427snake; 08-20-2013 at 04:34 AM..
Old 08-21-2013, 01:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #69, HSV LS2, T56, Custom rear suspension
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
Greg

Hope you enjoy the trip. Weather is ideal here at the moment. I am in South Kensington London now returning Friday.
Didn't see you when I walked through there last week. No time for cars this trip.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Yeah, have a go at Nurberg, what can go wrong?
Nurburgring Nordschleife Crashes 1970 at Adenauer Forst. NEW ! More crashes - YouTube

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

That video would have to be the best ad for seat belts!

Some of the crashes are pretty slow and people are thrown around the car, hanging out the windows and thrown from doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Back to reality after 3 weeks of touring parts of the UK, Germany and Austria....strictly all boys stuff...no ancient churches or dusty museums full of old sh#t.

Here's a bit of a teaser:

Firstly it was off to the Donnington Kit Car Show, even the Aston in the pic is a replica. This was a small show with about 100 exhibitors, the big one is at Stoneleigh in March....10 times the size.

We worked our way south passing through Aston Martins original home town of Newport Pagnall. We couldn't resist a stroll thru the showroom....the plate tells the story of this beauty, number 77 of 100 built. The price $1mill pounds

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...M_2013_014.jpg

We'd set up a meeting at Cadwell Park circuit for a round of the British Superbikes with a mate of my travelling buddy. This fella, Paul Smart won many rounds of international bike races in the 70's and his wife is the sister of legendary rider and commentator Barry Sheene, who unfortunately passed away nearly 10 years back. Needless to say we had all access, even the tower:

Off to Frankfurt then and a visit to Nurburgring

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...M_2013_072.jpg

the Nordshleife was open for the mad public lap dash for 1 hour on the day that were there. We rented a little track preped Swift, what a hoot....flat to the floor but great fun, absolute madness with allcomers driving everything from a Testarossa (which I overtook) to bikes, vans and grandmas Volvo...pretty much no rules but no overtaking on the inside...yeah right tell that to the guy in the Carrera 4!

Down south we headed to Stuttgart and the Porsche and Merc museums. Porsche is celebrating 50 years of the 911, so a great expose was on show.
We wheeled in and out of Austria...unbelievable scenery.

Then the main event, the European Cobra Club Meeting, Inzell, Bavaria.

These guys know to to throw a party, even an Oompah Band

There was even an Aussie flag representing attendance from yours truly

All the cars headed off to a mountain road known as the Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse. A private toll road that was to be closed for an Historic Car hillclimb one the day after our visit. Here we are at the tollgates, $33 Euro a car!

Check out the view

then the "oldtimers" turned up for a recci for tomorrows race

this Bentley a cool 16 million Euro.......and they RACE it

Cobby country or what.....

then.......80 Cobras headed off to the Hilters' hideaway, the Eagles Nest. More bluddy mountains

The next day was RACEDAY!

Well really it was a regularity demo run at the Histo Cup at Salzburgring.... didn't stop the boys from having a bit of a fang tho.
The funniest thing was that most of the BIG HP showponies, many with 427's and even an Austrian guy with 9 litres, didn't know a raceline from a clothes line.

The Snake pits

After all that fun we rumbled back via Salzburg city, shaking the town to it's foundations as we bellowed through tunnels in the mountains....live sidepipes, OH YEAH

Anyway, the fun has to end sometime and we tied it all up on the last night with a Bavarian Dinner Dance, mmmmm

In short, a fab Cobbie gathering, I was made really welcome by all the crowd there. If you can get along one year you'll have a ball....even without your Cobra.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Back to reality after 3 weeks of touring parts of the UK, Germany and Austria....strictly all boys stuff...no ancient churches or dusty museums full of old sh#t.

Here's a bit of a teaser:

Firstly it was off to the Donnington Kit Car Show, even the Aston in the pic is a replica. This was a small show with about 100 exhibitors, the big one is at Stoneleigh in March....10 times the size.

We worked our way south passing through Aston Martins original home town of Newport Pagnall. We couldn't resist a stroll thru the showroom....the plate tells the story of this beauty, number 77 of 100 built. The price $1mill pounds

We'd set up a meeting at Cadwell Park circuit for a round of the British Superbikes with a mate of my travelling buddy. This fella, Paul Smart won many rounds of international bike races in the 70's and his wife is the sister of legendary rider and commentator Barry Sheene, who unfortunately passed away nearly 10 years back. Needless to say we had all access, even the tower:

Off to Frankfurt then and a visit to Nurburgring

the Nordshleife was open for the mad public lap dash for 1 hour on the day that were there. We rented a little track preped Swift, what a hoot....flat to the floor but great fun, absolute madness with allcomers driving everything from a Testarossa (which I overtook) to bikes, vans and grandmas Volvo...pretty much no rules but no overtaking on the inside...yeah right tell that to the guy in the Carrera 4!

Down south we headed to Stuttgart and the Porsche and Merc museums. Porsche is celebrating 50 years of the 911, so a great expose was on show.
We wheeled in and out of Austria...unbelievable scenery.

Then the main event, the European Cobra Club Meeting, Inzell, Bavaria.

These guys know to to throw a party, even an Oompah Band

There was even an Aussie flag representing attendance from yours truly

All the cars headed off to a mountain road known as the Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse. A private toll road that was to be closed for an Historic Car hillclimb one the day after our visit. Here we are at the tollgates, $33 Euro a car!

Check out the view

then the "oldtimers" turned up for a recci for tomorrows race

this Bentley a cool 16 million Euro.......and they RACE it

Cobby country or what.....

then.......80 Cobras headed off to the Hilters' hideaway, the Eagles Nest. More bluddy mountains

The next day was RACEDAY!

Well really it was a regularity demo run at the Histo Cup at Salzburgring.... didn't stop the boys from having a bit of a fang tho.
The funniest thing was that most of the BIG HP showponies, many with 427's and even an Austrian guy with 9 litres, didn't know a raceline from a clothes line.

The Snake pits

After all that fun we rumbled back via Salzburg city, shaking the town to it's foundations as we bellowed through tunnels in the mountains....live sidepipes, OH YEAH

Anyway, the fun has to end sometime and we tied it all up on the last night with a Bavarian Dinner Dance, mmmmm

In short, a fab Cobbie gathering, I was made really welcome by all the crowd there. If you can get along one year you'll have a ball....even without your Cobra.
Gav and Chook like this.

Last edited by byroncobra; 09-14-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G Force 118 Jag Suspension
Not Ranked     

Byroncobra
You lucky B What a great jaunt Would love to have seen that Bently strut its stuff
Thanks for the photos
Jeff
Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #69, HSV LS2, T56, Custom rear suspension
Not Ranked     

Hi Greg,

Looked like a fabulous trip, lucky bugger.

I made it back as far as England to put my daughter into boarding school. No time to jump across the Channel.

Cheers
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A pity Geoff I would have been great to see you there

Our youngest daughter faces the HSC next year so we I hope to do the ECM again in 2015 along with Goodwood.