Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By deano59

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     
Default Unfinished RMC in TAS

Hi

Nothing at all to do with me, but a mate sent me this ad from Gumtree.

Unfinished Cobra build in north-west Tassie.

Cheers

Tony

2013 Ford Cobra Convertible on Gumtree 2013 Ford Cobra Convertible | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Burnie Area - Burnie | 1028114925

RMC kit car, space frame , jaguar running gear , never registered , all body parts are swinging , a fibreglass body still gel coat , brakes are done and partially wired for electrics , steering and most suspension done phone for more information.

$20,000
Old 09-25-2013, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

pity its not in Adelaide would def would have been interested in a look . tassie is just a bit too far away.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Replica Motor Company
Not Ranked     

Check out my photo gallery and My RMC is alot cheaper!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Rmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonus72 View Post
hi

nothing at all to do with me, but a mate sent me this ad from gumtree.

Unfinished cobra build in north-west tassie.

Cheers

tony

2013 ford cobra convertible on gumtree 2013 ford cobra convertible | cars, vans & utes | gumtree australia burnie area - burnie | 1028114925

rmc kit car, space frame , jaguar running gear , never registered , all body parts are swinging , a fibreglass body still gel coat , brakes are done and partially wired for electrics , steering and most suspension done phone for more information.

$20,000
No photos!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I emailed the guy got a reply but no photos something sounds a bit suss like I can arrange transport of your trailer from the mainland to tassie and load the car on your trailer and get it shipped back to the mainland for a 100 bucks each way . errr my trailers not going anywhere unless its hooked to the back of my car .

he wanted to add me on fb but haven't heard a thing in 4 or 5 days now .

cheers dean
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Dean

Again, I have no link at all, so I cannot comment.

Maybe it is dodgy...?

Good luck

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
I emailed the guy got a reply but no photos something sounds a bit suss like I can arrange transport of your trailer from the mainland to tassie and load the car on your trailer and get it shipped back to the mainland for a 100 bucks each way . errr my trailers not going anywhere unless its hooked to the back of my car .

he wanted to add me on fb but haven't heard a thing in 4 or 5 days now .

cheers dean
Old 10-02-2013, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gentleman- if this merchant wants to sell his RMC unfinished project he is going the wrong way about it.
Photographs are very helpful and uploading should be as a matter of fact and urgency.
One hundred dollars seems to be legitimate and if in doubt get quotes from Princess of Tasmania Ferry people for the transportation to Victoria as I was going down this route when I was going to buy a car on fleabay.
Any Tasmania clubcobra members who can chime in and assist the above member would be appreciated.

Last edited by justcobra; 10-05-2013 at 02:40 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

$100.00 each way for a car trailer seems way to cheap .last time I raced down tassie it cost a hell of a lot more than that to get the tow car and trailer across now I know im talking both tow car and trailer but it was no where near 200 bucks each way taking both into account . mind you that was a long time ago maybe things have changed .

but all that aside you are right in his approach too selling his car I have had no further contact from him the lack of pictures was disappointing tho . heck who doesn't like looking at cobras no matter what stage of build they are :-) . maybe he has decided a mainland buyer is more hassle than he is prepared to deal with who knows .

I am not in a hurry and I am sure there are more unfinished cars sitting in sheds at various stages of completion that pop up from time to time . I know when I had to sell mine when I got divorced it took ages to find the right buyer . that aside on car sales I think last time I looked there were 27 cobras listed aust wide and some of those have been on for months .
one I enquired about has been on nearly 12 months nice looking car as well . so that tells me either of two things people don't have the money to outlay on a nice but expensive toy to have or the cars are overpriced to start with and the owners are not willing to negotiate like everything for sale something is really only worth what someone else is willing to pay regardless of what it's cost you to build I know this from racing motorsport for the last 30 yrs .
hope you all have a great day
regards dean
justcobra likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Guys, its a bit ordinary to insinuate its a scam when none of you have spoken to the guy. The ad says call for information. When selling a car you get spammed with emails from tyre kickers as it is very easy to send an email rather than to call.

If you want to buy the car, call the guy and ask about it. Dont send an email and then get on a public forum saying he is scammer.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was communicating with the guy thru email he answered a few of them said he would add me to facebook so we could talk further . I gave him my user name and im still waiting .asked a few times for pics still waiting . was happy to give me details to get my car trailer to him tho thru a 3rd party . maybe he is on the level who knows . he isn't going out of his way to help sell his car tho . wouldn't have thought a few pics would have been too much trouble .. might be a good buy for someone who is closer and can inspect the car but im not sending cash and sending my car trailer to him I might never see the cash or trailer again .

copy of email
gday .... i can organise getting a trailer shipped from vic to tas at a reasonable rate i do work for a companythat have empty semi trailers coming back from there from time to time ... once here i can tow trailer for you and once loaded can take to a ship of your choice ... a lot cheaper than bringing your car as well... as for photos having a hard time uploading them onto the site ... if you are on facebook can send them that way ... regards Michael

I never said it was a scam by the way I said it sounded a bit suss either way tassie is just to hard im a patient man cars come cars go

Last edited by deano59; 10-03-2013 at 02:59 AM..
Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't see any problem with being cautious Deano...

Or raising the possibility that an online ad is not all that is seems. It has happened before.

Good luck to the seller and buyer...
Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cobras and GT40's amongst other handmade replicas can sit on the market for a long time and remain unsold.

I got a c4 corvette rag top on gumtree and I stipulate all genuine callers be directed to my mobile phone and do you think that these repliers can follow directions?