Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cobras and modifications (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/121931-cobras-modifications.html)

Barker 08-25-2013 05:22 PM

Cobras and modifications

How many owners have had there car defected? :eek:

Sorry but after yesterday's BS at Rocklea in QLD. Im not that politically orientated but Check Out the positives we can make a difference this September.,
We are all smart people we built our cars, do we want to continue to enjoy the ability to drive them when an where we want.?
http://www.facebook.com/AustralianMo...ocation=stream

Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party (AMEP)

VOTE 1 AMEP ♠

spookypt 08-25-2013 05:27 PM

What BS at Rocklea? And the link don't work?

Spookypt

Towmaster 08-25-2013 05:27 PM

What happened at Rocklea?
The page has been removed

Barker 08-25-2013 05:30 PM

Downshift Event - There is a lot of activity and outrage being expressed on social media right now regarding the Police presence at todays combined DownShift, Grunt Files and AMEP event at Rocklea.

We are currently gathering facts, photos and footage and will be making comment soon, so keep an eye on our page.

There were several reasons why the AMEP was formed, among them was to put an end to the blatant discrimination and targeting we as Motoring Enthusiasts are subjected to. Enough is enough.... you know who to Vote for now.

Stay tuned for more on this issue.

Cheers,

Tony Standfield
AMEP Chairman

Barker 08-25-2013 05:32 PM

Basically they roadblocked both entrances and defected anything right or wrong, apparently even a just off the show room Brand New HSV bought Yesterday.

Barker 08-25-2013 05:37 PM

sorry about the link

d488y2 08-25-2013 05:56 PM

Arrrrr the Fun Police!

spookypt 08-25-2013 05:59 PM

Block em and lock em.....

One of the main reasons I left the rego'd world.

Dimis 08-25-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barker (Post 1259358)
How many owners have had there car defected? :eek:

Sorry but after yesterday's BS at Rocklea in QLD. Im not that politically orientated but Check Out the positives we can make a difference this September.,
We are all smart people we built our cars, do we want to continue to enjoy the ability to drive them when an where we want.?
http://www.facebook.com/AustralianMo...ocation=stream

VOTE 1 AMEP ♠

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barker (Post 1259362)
Downshift Event - There is a lot of activity and outrage being expressed on social media right now regarding the Police presence at todays combined DownShift, Grunt Files and AMEP event at Rocklea.

We are currently gathering facts, photos and footage and will be making comment soon, so keep an eye on our page.

There were several reasons why the AMEP was formed, among them was to put an end to the blatant discrimination and targeting we as Motoring Enthusiasts are subjected to. Enough is enough.... you know who to Vote for now.

Stay tuned for more on this issue.

Cheers,

Tony Standfield
AMEP Chairman

Sorry Im not au fait with you nor the events at Rocklea nor the AMEP, but can you please explain to me like I'm a 7 year old how can items highlighted in BOLD above, be so?:

Thanks

Dimis 08-25-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barker (Post 1259363)
Basically they roadblocked both entrances and defected anything right or wrong, apparently even a just off the show room Brand New HSV bought Yesterday.

That's a bit rough... %/
How did they justify that?

Barker 08-25-2013 06:17 PM

Hi Dimis,I am not sure if I'm Left or right wing or either labor or liberal but I sure as hell don't like what I see yesterday or 3 months back at Caboolture or the way the motoring enthusiast is being targeted for an easy revenue score.
Looks like you bought a Kirkham, Is it registered yet? what BS rules do you need to comply with ?
I think the only way we can change things is with knowledge check out the AMEP, I think all Cobra owners will be targeted if they own a registered Cobra and drive it.
Just My Opinion.

eschaider 08-25-2013 09:22 PM

I feel your pain ...

Do not be complacent about these sorts of thing guys. Draw a line in the sand and push back - hard. If you don't you will end up with a bunch of silly environmental air quality driven initiatives that are supposed to make life better but their science and math on closer scrutiny will not hold up and you will loose your hobbies and freedoms.

California and the US equivalent of your EPA (with the same initials) left unchecked would have us riding bicycles with catalytic converters to filter our farts. The guys who have helped make a difference over here are the SEMA guys if I remember correctly. You might want to contact them to get some thoughts on how they initially approached the issue and modify it to work in your political environment.

Here is a Australian newspaper article form another post on the site here that should wave big red flags for you guys. Click here => Herald Sun.

The brain dead people behind these sorts of atrocities are the far left extremists who want everyone to be equally unhappy. They see some sort of egalitarian utopia that is patently impossible to create as has been evidenced throughout history. That doesn't stop them though, they will try to take away anything that might provide you escape or emotional repair in the name of clean air and other environmental BS.

Get organized, push back hard. Use their own rules against them on their own ground and never, never let up or back down. This is a struggle for as long as any of us will be alive and we must fight it continuously. We must also bring new blood to the fight because as we age and become less capable to continue the fight, at the level it must be fought, there has to be new blood behind us that we can pass the torch to.

Ed

darkside 08-26-2013 12:22 AM

wot vote more idiots into parliament ,half the reason we have revenue raising is to pay for these overpaid clowns,let em work for the same coin as the rest of us and our money wont be p!ssed up the pollies wall.as a commonwealth nation all acts and rules are supposed to go through a peoples council but its out of control as the pollies do as they please anyway ,from whay i have read most councils and there laws are illegal etc as they were never passed ,canada (also a commonwelth nation)is having alot of success in the courts were these laws have been passed to have your vehicle taken etc and its been found that these laws were never passed by a peoples council so deemed illegal and thrown out ,you just need to know your laws better than those enforcing them not more governing bodies to make more debt...viscious cycle...doc

Zedn 08-26-2013 12:30 AM

If they are defected people with unmodified cars then that is an issue and needs to be dealt with by the relevant processes.

If they are defecting cars that do not comply with the relevant ADRs or modification certificates well then im sorry but the police are not breaking any laws and there is no conspiracy.

We build our cars to comply with requirements that are clearly documented and available to those that take the time to find and read them. Currently the states are enforcing reasonable requirements and compliant cars are passing rego in all states.

If you jump through the hoops and then modify the vehicle, then you run the risk of being defected. Everybody who has modified their car knows this and chooses to accept the punishment.

If you build a cobra to comply with requirements, leave it intact and drive in accordance with road rules there will be no problems and the police wont feel the need to set up road blocks to defect people.

my 2cents worth.

Rog246 08-26-2013 03:51 AM

Hmmm....when I finally get mine finished and drive it I will be asking a whole lot of questions as to why I've been stopped/pulled over etc IF I was being a good boy. I think the first would be probable cause or what ever it is. I think I would put up an argument. Ask the officer if he is aware that my vehicle is an ICV and what EXACTLY that entails. I would argue very very strongly that the vehicles construction is beyond his expertise, same as I would with QLD transport. Then I 'd call all of you guys to come bail me out for being a smart arse !:LOL:
Age does have some advantages and knowing HOW to argue and when not to should come with the badge of age and the Silver on the head........then again...may be not:LOL:
I sure learnt a lot one day when my father (who was a JP) performed a citizens arrest on a Copper and made him accompany him back to his station. Pretty exciting day for a 10year old.
A note for our Victorian friends...wouldn't suggest trying it down there as your Coppers are inclined to shoot 1st and then get an undertaker to fix up the mess !! LOL
Rog

xb-60 08-26-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barker (Post 1259363)

That would certainly seem to be unjustified. :eek:
Do you have any more details?
Cheers,
Glen

750hp 08-26-2013 05:26 AM

An open letter to the Premier | Downshift

Tonus72 08-26-2013 01:53 PM

It seems to me that by 'modification' it means modification from the legal standards and ADRs.

Am I reading it wrong?

I have no problem with people pushing the rules, but you have to know that it may bring unwanted attention.

Asking for a police exclusion zone from the Premier?? Bold!! :)

spookypt 08-26-2013 03:04 PM

I tend to agree with Zedn. My street regod car was so far from technically legal I ended up hating to take it out. Stupid me for doing what I did but u live and learn.

While the big ticket items where an easy dot target like 8tbs and live pipes, they coulda just as easily pinged me for rear wheel spacers.

I've learnt to keep everything regod as std as possible these days.

Spookypt

sambo 08-26-2013 06:21 PM

Hmmm

Gee I wonder why the cops blockaded the Downshift event, have a look at the banner on their Facebook page. It may be Photoshopped but it sends a clear message to the local constabulary. :confused:

https://www.facebook.com/downshiftaus

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...29369816_o.jpg