Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 12:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace 427 SC
Not Ranked     

Its a great display Craig

Its a credit to you and it shows in your true professionalism.

The photos are not up to your standard and i can only guess the photographer was trembling with excitement haha.

Cheers

Brad
Old 10-25-2013, 12:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

The Cobras look the business, that's for sure...
But also,
Geez...That SL190 Merc is a horny looking thing...
Craig...
Take a flop of that and lets build one !!

Some cars...like the Cobra....just look "right" from any angle...and that Merc falls into that category.

Some nice cars there...Craig...you're in good company!

Cheers,
Warren
Cobra01 likes this.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Actually pouring the concrete floor for my 'cobra shed' tomorrow morning! So I'll definitely be up for some eye candy Sunday to keep the motivation going!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

I went down to Motorclassica today at approx. 1pm, and left at 6.30pm. It was great to meet Craig for the first time after speaking with him for so many occasions by phone. There was a lot of interest at the Absolute Pace stand and rightfully so. I've seen plenty of pics of the Pace 427SC, but she is gorgeous in the flesh. The car just looks so dimensionally perfect and correct from every angle. I'm in love! Very happy and affirmed in my decision to buy this kit over anything else currently available and within my price range.

I'm chuffed that I opted to go for the 15" wheel and tyre setup. The width on the rear tyres is sensational and the wheel/tyre combo fits perfectly in the wheel arches. Plus, you can manually adjust the track of the car so you can push the wheels out more if desired. Craig walked me through all the little design intricacies and I was very impressed.

What was also very impressive was the room in the car. It's very spacious, plus you sit low! Speaking of low, the ground clearance at the front of the car in the pictures is exactly Coke can height...so that's 30mm well above legal at 130mm, yet it still 'looks' really low unlike most other replicas that seem to have big gaps in the guards. I think the crouched appearance is very important to the way a Cobra sits and looks. Pace have nailed this.

The body is as straight and perfect in person as everybody has made out that it is. From a spraypainter's perspective, I find this is great as it means that the paint price will be lower to the customer and because each Pace 427SC will be consistent in finish quality, it also means the paint price should be consistent, with the only real variables being the colour(s) chosen by the customer and the details (ie. stripes, racing number discs, Lemans stripes etc). The paint job will also be able to be turned around faster too and given that a fair number of Cobra builders wait to have their cars painted until after it is registered, it means they will get their car back faster and able to enjoy it/ show it off sooner.

My own Pace 427SC is now ready for delivery (just going to get the body cutouts marked) and the Trigo wheels fitted. Can't wait to receive the car and to start building her!

If you have time this weekend, stop by and say g'day to Craig and his dad Barry. Thanks to the White's for making me feel so welcomed today.

The images are roughly 1700 x 1100 pixels. You can zoom in to see the detail of the car.

[/url]

d488y2 likes this.

Last edited by Paintwerks; 10-25-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Yes looks like a great display.

The weekend will see thousands through. The Sunday last year hosted the outside display that saw hundreds of car club cars displayed. The organisers have excelled themselves again this Sunday with an estimated 300 plus cars.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-25-2013, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Great display - thanks for the photos guys.

I am up in Brisbane on 4-5 November. Planning another visit to get an update from Craig. Hopefully he will have his voice back by then!

His tour of the factory and cars is so comprehensive, I can imagine how tired he is after one of these shows!

Bourbon is good for vocal chords I believe!!?
d488y2 and Cobra01 like this.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

I went along yesterday. I had a great chat with Barry (Craig's Dad). Top bloke. It looked busy and it was only late morning. There were a lot of people waiting to get in when I left about 1pm. Looked like a worthwhile investment in time for Craigs team. Great stand guys well done.

The MotorClassica event was better this year I reckon. Saw a few of my favorite cars - Corvette Stingray (old classic), Zr1 (what a beast) and some great New (and old) Lambos. A couple of McLarens outside. Would luv to drive one of them.

Cheers

Gregg