Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Gav
  • 1 Post By Wazza

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1995 DRB 302 Windsor, T5 (XR6 internals), Borg Warner 28 spline Diff 3.5:1 ratio, MSD iginition kit.
Not Ranked     
Default Pedal Box access

Hi Guys

Been a while since ive posted and well i got a little problem with the clutch system in my Gen 2 DRB cobra.

Ive had the master cylinder go in it once before but this time its the whole mounting bracket on the unit that has a 1-1/2 inch crack in it and when i put pedal pressure on it the whole master cylinder and the reservoir hose move and thus the hose pops off..... the rest is history.... refer to pic below looking upwards at the cylinder bracket.

My question is how do i access the pedal box easily?? I haven't managed to get under the car as yet and in the past ive had to get into the footwell to do all the work on the last clutch master cylinder but this time thats not going to happen.

What set ups do you guys have for access?? Ie removable floor pans?? Access from the front part of the footwell??

Thanks again and id love to hear if anyone has a DRB and how they access this area.

Cheers

Old 11-20-2013, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

When I first went to do some work on my pedal assembly, in an older DRB, I thought about adopting a tall skinny kid with one arm who's knuckles dragged on the ground and who displayed a keen aptitude for contortionism .....but to no avail. I eventually put the car up on stands, took the seat out, found what seemed to be the most uncomfortable position I could and while simultaneously stretching and swearing in no particular order you'll almost be able to reach it all with the finger tips of one hand as only one arm and shoulder will fit. Have fun!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1995 DRB 302 Windsor, T5 (XR6 internals), Borg Warner 28 spline Diff 3.5:1 ratio, MSD iginition kit.
Not Ranked     

Leafless

Yes I thought that might be the case...... I think I. Might be doing a mod to the floor for access this time..... Thanks anyway!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python ford 302 ho, 4 speed toploader, jag irs 3.54
Not Ranked     

must admit when the brake lights stopped working on my python, i was very glad to find the floor is removable around the pedal box.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Aaaah Yes...Fond memories...

Parked in the very busy driveway of a resort in Mooloolaba at the Sunshine Coast about 7 years ago...with the "knob" snapped off the end of my clutch cable on my DRB.

On my back...head up in the footwell...and with my feet sticking up over the roll bar...trying to get various "bits" to stay attached to the end of the cable.

No tools to speak of...but after about 2 hours, managed something eventually...that was VERY temporary...and then trying to drive back to the Gold Coast .

Roadworks at Caloundra...had the road down to a single lane in each direction, with large concrete barriers on both sides...and NOWHERE to pull over if it snapped again...sweating bullets every time I had to change gears, because the line of traffic behind me was a solid kilometer of cars that would have no way to get around me if it snapped.

At the first opportunity I turned off and snuck down to Caloundra the back way, rather than try to get to the motorway....and managed to get home, taking about 3 hours.

Only just made it , because two or three test pumps on the clutch pedal when I got home snapped my temporary knob off...as expected.

That was a very long "quick run" up to the Sunshine Coast....

But I always remember the claustrophobia you feel with your head up in that footwell..and only being able to sort of wriggle one hand into a position that you can "sort off" get something done...

and the whole time your legs spread, and on your back , answering the various stupid questions of the passing resort crowd....and waiting for some smart arse to rattle your junk for a joke !!!

( Well that's what I was worried about anyway... )

As I said...

Aaaah ......Fond memories.

Cheers,
Warren
Old 11-21-2013, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Do you spend a lot of time on your back with your legs spread Waz?
Or just on special occasions?
Wazza and dhs.buckley like this.