Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guessing there is fire in the beast do tell
Old 01-19-2014, 02:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Don't just tell... Upload some video footage!
boxhead likes this.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Oh look my collectors have changed colour wonder what caused that.

[/url]
You forgot to pre-soak?
Haha.

Get that footage online man!!!
What's taking so long
Old 01-19-2014, 03:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Yes it lives I'll have to upload a video tomorrow, had a few dramas that I'm working through so haven't had the engine running long enough yet for it to start learning. The Efi box is being a real pain.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry for the delay in posting, had to do some work for a couple of days.

I'll post a video soon as I get it uploaded on YouTube ( iPad won't do it for some reason).

In the mean time here's some photos from today, car is basically finished with only a couple of the small compliance items to finish, just waiting on parts that were promised and have been paid for but I guess the mail from the Gold Coast must take months like everything else down there.

Ok so today I basically have been through the car front to back checking everything, my motor had a few water leaks on the valley bolts not sure how or why when the engine has supposedly been on a dyno but anyway fixed these and started it a few times (just love that sound starting it had nothing to do with what I was actually doing lol).

I tensioned up all my coil overs (sorry no pics but I'm sure you know what a shock and spring look like) then I bled all the brakes and clutch.

[/url]

Originally I was going to modify the Kirkham brake cylinders for my float switches for brake warning lights but now have just decided to go with the cap units I haven't found any I like yet so will probably end up making my own so they fit in with everything else.

Bleeding the whole brake system was really easy the wilwood calipers on the front have 4 separate bleed screws so it's really easy to make sure you have all the air out.

[/url]

One of the pains with doing all this at work is the staff bugging you while your working anyway a bit of quick paper work and back to the real fun.

[/url]

After the brakes were all bled I couldn't help but put some boots on her I've ended up putting the Avon CR6ZZ's there no where near as nice as the billboards I probably should have kept them but too late now anyway the Avons actually feel like a softer tyre so might be better for what I'm running anyway.

[/url]

[/url]

She's off the work stand now and sitting proud in the workshop, just have to put the doors and bonnet back on and she's off to the exhaust shop for a set of cats and the the suspension shop for final set up.
Mando, Tenrocca, Dimis and 1 others like this.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm impressed that your workshop and the car are both so clean that you can work on it lying on the floor in a white shirt!

You'll love the Avons. If you are thinking of going with the period look with them, they look great:
Club Cobra - bmwdb10's Album: New Avons and Acton Roll Bar - Picture

Looks like the EFI ram tubes are going to fit comfortably under the bonnet. Nice!

So when are you taking me for a drive around the block???
KevinW and renovationinnov like this.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Righto, finally got this video to work and uploaded to Youtube.

For your listening pleasure.

kmp709 427 Cammer start up - YouTube

I haven't finished tuning it yet I have a new fuel map that I have been working on that I'm going to flash into it tomorrow, I sort of expected that Keith Craft did all of that as part of the package but unfortunately not so probably a bit of dyno time to get it 100%.
750hp, Tonus72 and Lexluther like this.

Last edited by damage; 01-26-2014 at 08:49 PM..
Old 01-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Sounds a little lean on the left bank.

Congrats!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Congrats on the start up you must be pleased, looks and sound sensational,
I now have start up envy, wish all my bit were here
Old 01-27-2014, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lex, don't sweat it mate I still don't have the paperwork he promised a month ago and funnily enough he hasn't sent me the bill for the money I owe him either that he wrote about. I'm sure he's probably still getting over his staff shortages from Christmas or answering all the emails from potential new victims sorry I meant clients.

I'm sure you'll get all your parts one day if he finds time to be busy on getting parts that you've paid for in advance.

It's funny now I have put mine together I found all the modifications that he had to do to the brake lines, who'd have thought that putting insulated p clips on the chassis to secure the brake lines would be so critical and time consuming.

Maybe the absolute truth will come out one day.

Thanks Rodknock I still have a lot of tuning to do but it starts and runs so that's the first step.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great to see it running. Who will you take it to for dyno tuning? Are you running the Holley EFI?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Righto, finally got this video to work and uploaded to Youtube. For your listening pleasure.
......I'm gettn' timber!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Lex, don't sweat it mate I still don't have the paperwork he promised a month ago and funnily enough he hasn't sent me the bill for the money I owe him either that he wrote about. I'm sure he's probably still getting over his staff shortages from Christmas or answering all the emails from potential new victims sorry I meant clients.

I'm sure you'll get all your parts one day if he finds time to be busy on getting parts that you've paid for in advance.

It's funny now I have put mine together I found all the modifications that he had to do to the brake lines, who'd have thought that putting insulated p clips on the chassis to secure the brake lines would be so critical and time consuming.

Maybe the absolute truth will come out one day.

Thanks Rodknock I still have a lot of tuning to do but it starts and runs so that's the first step.

So ....

does any one have any idea of how many Kirkhams are in Australia ???

Finished , registered and on the way ???

Soul.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just because you're a newbie with a lot of money Mr Damage doesn't mean you have to let your attitude speak on behalf of what sort of a person you are.....

Craig has a LOT of friends on this forum and has provided a lot of advice and assistance for people on this forum over the years.

I am sure I not only speak for myself when I say we are sick of hearing about your gripe with Craig. Deal with it and ffs stop whingeing about it.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

I agree....I love your car and agree that it seems you have some issues with AP.

I think you need to list your issues in point form. Let Craig respond and sort out if required. Then get on with enjoying that car of yours. If Craig does not do the right thing for what ever reason then you can bag him online in your thread.

It's not fair to new owners as your implying Craig is not doing what he should and you are putting worry in the minds of people waiting for their kit from AP.

So spill it all out ,get it sorted and lets get on with enjoying these cars.
Gav, Wazza, Towmaster and 1 others like this.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

for some reason the word "bully" crosses my mind........
boxhead and Wazza like this.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Not sure about Bully, maybe baby?

The point has been made, it does not need to be re made over and over.

If still not happy with results, take it to small business ombudsman.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Soul man, I don't know entirely and I'm sure I'll get shot down for answering but to my knowledge yours and Bernie's are the only finished ones.

Currently (and again I could be wrong) there are 3 being finished including mine.

There is one in AP show room.

And there are 6 that are in a holding pattern in Utah. They were finished around September last year and haven't shipped yet. I won't go into further details for fear of the lynch squad turning up.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
Just because you're a newbie with a lot of money Mr Damage doesn't mean you have to let your attitude speak on behalf of what sort of a person you are.....

Craig has a LOT of friends on this forum and has provided a lot of advice and assistance for people on this forum over the years.

I am sure I not only speak for myself when I say we are sick of hearing about your gripe with Craig. Deal with it and ffs stop whingeing about it.
Ok so what exactly does my money have to do with it, isn't someone allowed to express their attitude to what they perceive is ripped off.

How many other threads there are on this forum where people have expressed an opinion about shoddy work or paying too much or work half done.

Tell me why Craig is exempt for this sort of labelling that a hell of a lot of other forum users are able to post their experience about being ripped off paying to much getting half a job done etc etc.

It's pretty simple Craig might be a nice guy Craig may be able to give good advice Craig may be your best mate, it doesn't excuse his current business practices.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bully baby what ever you want to call me don't really care, I don't like paying money for nothing so to me the more newbies that know the better perhaps they won't be so naive when they make their decision, you can be on the Craig cheer squad all you want still won't change my opinion of him.

I'm sure in the not too distant future the 5 or 6 forum members that have pm'd me will speak up and let some other truths out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: