Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 11:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     
Default Harrison #40 for sale (Aus)

So I have been thinking, do I make this a whole story of the love affair that I have had with Harrison #40. Or do I just give some stats and show some pics. Sorry guys, no full story here as once I start it will be a long blurb till I stop.

Life events and circumstances have led me to this position of presenting #40 for sale. As they say, a picture says a thousand words, so I have included a few recent ones here. I have not chosen any special scenic backdrop, just a good ol Aussie driveway.

* Harrison #40.
* LS1 full rebuilt by Lewis Race Engines in SA. (previous owner)
* T56 6 speed.
* R32 Rear end.
* 17inch pin drive wheels with center lock nuts (also have traditional spinners).
* QA1 S adjustable shocks with QA1 300lb(F) and King 250lb(R) springs.
* Leather trimmed seats, dash, door trim with a spare hide sufficient to complete another dash trim.

Well sorted car with suspension and steering set up and tuned by Williams Race Service (WRS).

Welcome to contact by PM or ph 0448 171700.

$67K

Genuine feedback welcome, however if you feel the need to criticize this car for the purpose of self gratification, take your cause to your facebook buddies and prove your manhood there, I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pi$s in my pool.

750hp, deano59, Rog246 and 5 others like this.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Love the 8 stack...Actually you have turned an ugly LS Motor into something special, Well done.....Here you go Deano get your cheque book out.......
Old 06-22-2014, 12:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

very nice car lots of goodies
Old 06-22-2014, 12:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Beautiful Car - great deal. Good luck with the sale.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Mate dont hang around you could never build this car for that price.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default ceva

did you get a reply back from ceva regarding transport
Old 06-22-2014, 12:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

If logic counts for anything in this world, someone will snap up this car at that price. This is one of my favourite Cobras in the Qld club, and definitely one of the best sounding. It sounds like a big block as it cruises down the road.

Anyone who needs a bit of leg room but doesn't want a long-wheelbase car should sit in this one. Somehow the mods done to the pedal placement or steering wheel placement (or something else?) make it feel like a Tardis when you hop into it. I'm 6", but I sit down really low in the car and have heaps of leg room as well. Don't worry about looking through the top of the windscreen like in many other cars; you sight right down into this one.

Great paint, incredibly detailed engine bay, pin drive wheels, leather interior.

I hope the buyer will be a Queenslander so it stays in the club!
Old 06-22-2014, 01:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Some pics I got at 2 Days of Thunder.

I hope you don't mind me paying them.

Nice car, even in the good company on the day...

Tony

Old 06-22-2014, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

gee, beautiful car Leroy, quality finish and its got "The Look", good luck, i love it
Old 06-22-2014, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Very nice Cobra package - good price considering it also has 8 stack on the LS1 (Wish I did).

For anyone looking you couldn't build it for less than this (IMHO)

Good luck with the sale. Cheers Gregg
Old 06-22-2014, 02:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     

Good Luck Leroy.............you should have no trouble moving it at that price. A very nice and well sorted car.
Cheers
Chris L
Old 06-22-2014, 02:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

very nice looking Cobra. It's got the look, and love the colour. $67K is too cheap.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

As has been said, that price is a steal.

If you're in the market, a great car. Not that I'm biased (just the wrong engine)

Good luck Leroy

I didn't get the Ceva reference though........a customer of mine is the GM of Ceva, he promises a good deal on transport for mates of mine and ALL of you Cobra blokes are my mates, so PM me if you'd like his contact info.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Leigh I sorta hope you find a buyer soon but then I sorta don't too. I can't imagine you without it!

I'm still getting over Muzza selling his car. Yours and Muzza's were my pick of the Qld club cars -- both flawlessly presented and with the performance to back up their stunning looks.

I guess you have your reasons for selling but I know you'll be looking at that empty spot in your garage when it's gone. I hope there is someone out there (preferably in Brisbane or on the Goldy so the car will remain in our club) who has been quietly keeping an eye on the market and who has now made a final decision to act. That person will be one lucky guy because your car is spot-on in every detail, and perfect for someone who wants to just drive an outstanding car, secure in the knowledge that it has been stoutly built, thoughtfully developed and meticulously maintained. One question -- why so cheap?? No, one more -- how on earth are you going to live without it?

You've made your decision mate so I wish you good luck with the sale. I'll be available for a few commiseratory Bundys when that simply superb car drives away down your street for the last time.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Leigh has spent a lot of time and effort sorting all the small details in this car and it shows when you see it in the flesh. Great car.

Good luck with the sale mate.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Replica Motor Company
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
very nice car lots of goodies
If you got the money make a intelligent offer and buy this unit ilo of chasing or building a cobra from scratch .
Other forum cc members have suggested that this unit could not be replaced for the money asked.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcobra View Post
If you got the money make a intelligent offer and buy this unit ilo of chasing or building a cobra from scratch .
Other forum cc members have suggested that this unit could not be replaced for the money asked.
And originally engineered and registered in SA - I remember when "Ledge" was building it. Good guy on the forum - was always very helpful and knowledgable. I got to say, probably the best value cobra for sale in Oz right now. Deano - Id stretch the budget a little for this one, it wont last.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
And originally engineered and registered in SA - I remember when "Ledge" was building it. Good guy on the forum - was always very helpful and knowledgable. I got to say, probably the best value cobra for sale in Oz right now. Deano - Id stretch the budget a little for this one, it wont last.
ive talked with leigh in length about his car . and yes while it was engineered in sa its been modified quite a bit since then I have also talked to our road transport as they know the car as well.

to get the car on the road in sa the fuel injection has to be removed and put back to stock standard and the cam shaft has to be replaced with a stock item.the ecu would have to be replaced or reflashed .there are cut wires taped up in the loom we presume went to the air flow meter and throttle body.

if the car was sold in qld it wouldn't have to go thru this . so to stretch the budget and then have to change so much it puts it out of the ball park for me im afraid but somebody will get a nice car that's for sure :-)

cheers dean
Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I've got a stock cam, manifold and throttle body you are welcome to borrow.

No MAF shouldn't be a big deal. There's a precedent, the HSV GTS 300 came from the factory with no MAF (Speed density tune).

This is a super nice car for the price.

Cheers

Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys and I appreciate the feedback and comments.

This was built by Paul (Ledge - past forum member) from Finch Restorations. Its not hard to search this forum to follow the build histroy and topics relating to this vehicle and view Pauls gallery for many build photos right from when it was at the factory in the frame jig.

Paul had the motor rebuilt due to the donor motor experiencing a failure. Current motor is strong, healthy, well cared for and low k's.

Dean is correct in that we have talked at lengths.

I have provided Dean the original owner/builder (Paul) details, in addition to the engine builders details who are a prominent engine builder in SA and I have also obtained a contact at SA rego (name and number) who also knows the previous owner and the car. In addition I have advised what these conversations contained (as advised by SA rego) and items to assist in what is required to satisfy re-rego in SA. I have confirmed that sensors not required with the curret set up were terminated seperatly in the loom in the engine bay (easily accessable) and that original wiring from point of termination (4 or 6 wires for memory) on these conectors are included. Confirmation also provided that this is not run by an aftermarket ECU.

There has also been 40 high res unaltered and unedited current photos provided to assist in vehicle condition assessment.

This information is what I will share with any potential buyer as a responsible, honest and reliable seller.

Perhaps I should also mention that I have all engineering reports, tests and approvals including photographs for seat and chassis testing, lane change test, tortion test, vehicle specifications and engine manual and wiring diagram. All recepits for purchased items and work completed.

There is also sufficient paint provided in a sealed container to fully paint the car again in the same custom colour should the new owner desire or to keep this for any repair work if needed. For memory this is a PPG mix, quality and expensive.

I trust that this gives an insight on what is available to any interested party.

Cheers.
Wazza and justcobra like this.