Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Why Do Aussies Have All The Fun?

You mates are hilarious posting those cars with big crash bars on front and those steroid roos that you post.

By the way how poisonous is this snake?

Watch Two Guys Hilariously Go Nuts With A Snake On The Windshield

Old 07-22-2014, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

like it says in the text on that page, it's poisonous enough to seriously mess you up.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer_1 View Post
You mates are hilarious posting those cars with big crash bars on front and those steroid roos that you post.

By the way how poisonous is this snake?

Watch Two Guys Hilariously Go Nuts With A Snake On The Windshield

that's a red belly black snake we get a few of them around here they wont kill you but at the same token you don't want to get bitten either the pain from the venom is agony ive been told from someone who has been bitten.
there not as aggressive as our brown snakes that have been known to kill and are more common then the red belly black snake .

I will find a video of a lunatic who uses deadly snakes to catch rabbits with lol

here ya go who needs a gun to go rabbit hunting all you need is no brains .

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wynx1ukwdVA[/ame]
Rog246 likes this.

Last edited by deano59; 07-22-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

Okay here's the thing, of the top 23 most poisonious things in the world, 21 come from Australia.
Red bellied black might not kill you but, as that article says, you'd probably wish you were dead. Apparently the pain is very up there with the best of em.
However if you want to die quickly try one of our fierce snakes or Taipan-its good for 4-6 hrs without treatment-then I think you're pretty screwed !
As a guide your rattle snake, just doesn't cut it and your water mocossan comes in about #25
If snakes don't do it for you- maybe you should try our funnel web spider - they'd kill a black dog !
deano59 likes this.

Harrison #100
Old 07-22-2014, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
that's a red belly black snake we get a few of them around here they wont kill you but at the same token you don't want to get bitten either the pain from the venom is agony ive been told from someone who has been bitten.
there not as aggressive as our brown snakes that have been known to kill and are more common then the red belly black snake .

I will find a video of a lunatic who uses deadly snakes to catch rabbits with lol

here ya go who needs a gun to go rabbit hunting all you need is no brains .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wynx1ukwdVA
And be a F#@K-wit !!

Harrison #100
Old 07-22-2014, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

don't go outside inner-suburbia because you will get f##ked up by a badass snake
don't go swimming in the ocean because you will get f##ked up by a box jellyfish or a great white shark
don't go swimming in the river because you will get f##ked up by a saltwater croc
don't stay home because you will get f##ked up by one of many badass spiders

moral of the story, stay in the Cobra and stay moving
Aussie Mike, Baz, tuska and 2 others like this.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
don't go outside inner-suburbia because you will get f##ked up by a badass snake
don't go swimming in the ocean because you will get f##ked up by a box jellyfish or a great white shark
don't go swimming in the river because you will get f##ked up by a saltwater croc
don't stay home because you will get f##ked up by one of many badass spiders

moral of the story, stay in the Cobra and stay moving
you would have been out of ya cobra bloody fast if that red belly got on ya windscreen
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

What a pair of pussies,
Its only a red bellied black,
I despatched one at the front of a roller door not long ago.

THE deadliest snake in the world is the INLAND TAIPAN or FIERCE snake, much deadlier than a normal taipan which is still VERY deadly.
They only live in a small area in central australia and were rediscovered in 1972, the venom will kill you in 30 to 40 minutes.

Plenty of taipans up this way and youre always hearing of dogs being killed around the canefield headlands, they dont have a chance as the taipan is very aggresive big and quick and wont back down.

Deaths were common from taipan bites to humans untill a MACKAY man from south sea islander decent named RAM CHANDERER caugh and milked them for their venom and the csiro made a antivenom which is kept at all hospitals.

He survived several bites himself, but is now deceased and has a park and road in Mackay named in his honour, his work has saved many lives.
sambo and dc7531 like this.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Nobody's mentioned the stingray that took poor old mate Steve. I wonder how many snake and spider bites he survived?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

reckon this will encourage the yanks to come over for a visit lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEeq5qGh8I[/ame]
Baz likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

We get a few snakes in Victoria but not as many as Queensland. Tiger snakes are quite common down our way as well as brown snakes. I found a Tiger snake at my daughters school when on a working bee.

We used to regularly see king browns up country when I was shooting a lot. A big one had been living in the back of the sofa at the rifle club room. We wondered why there were no mice. We discovered him after opening up the club rooms and he chased us out. He was a good 6 foot long and as thick as my wrist.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

we mainly get browns where we are with the odd red belly used to come across them all the time when I was fixing market gardeners equipment esp out near the gawler river .kinda get used to them after a while just no sudden moves and reach for the post hole shovel lol
Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Red Belly Blacksnakes are quite cool.

50 years ago on the 9th October, 1965, I was a Trooper in the CMF, driving driving 6 x 6 Studebaker trucks on POL missions to supply Centurion Tanks with fuel on the Puckapunyal Army Range in Victoria.

I celebrated my 21st birthday whilst on at a remote camp on the range. I was sitting in my tent that afternoon when the Provos came down, arrested me and marched me up to the C.O.'s tent where I was officially charged with "Not notifying the Commanding Officer of attaining the age of manhood." The Commander sentenced me to drink a can of beer from every member of the Regiment. The Regiment consisted of over 100 personnel so I was pretty pissed by the time they carried me off the parade ground where I had sat for quite a few hours under a military guard, scoffing down numerous cans of VB.

They laid me on my stretcher in the tent and I slept well that night. Next morning, we had to clear camp and move to another location. When we lifted the floor boards of my tent, I discovered the biggest red belly black snake imaginable, coiled up, asleep under the exact spot where I had slept all night. It was about 15 feet long and as thick as a man's thigh. The diameter of the snake's coil was about 4 feet. ****'s were trumps.

We recently returned from a holiday in Europe and found a red belly swimming around in our outdoor spa. Not long ago, I found a funnel web spider, which will kill you quicker that a major Cobra rollover, floating around in my skimmer box. He was possibly there for a week at least and was still quite alive.

Don't you just love Australia. These deadly creatures are what keep us unique and isolated from all the horrible dramas which are occurring in the rest of the world. They are what keeps the undesirables from coming here.

Spread the word. Platypus and Koalas have poisonous spurs, Box Jelly fish will kill you in seconds, Great Whites love eating tourists and Kangaroos will rip your guts out.

Other than that, what a great country we have. I played golf today in the middle of Winter. The temperature was around 20 degrees C or in your language, in the mid 70's. Not bad for the middle of Winter. American's can't do that. I think I forgot to say that I had 35 points and won a nearest to the pin also. You can't do that in the snow.

Come if your game, but watch out when you're crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge. That giant Bilby will pick up your rent-a -car up and heave it over the rails into Sydney Harbour. There you will be eaten by one of our Great Whites. What a fabulous holiday. You won't get this any where else in the world.

Yes we do have fun over hear. Get your mates together Stormbringer and come across. You won't regret it. Oh.. You will survive. Believe me. You will have the best time of your life and you won't have to drink that Bud crap. Our beer is amongst the world's best.

Baz

Last edited by Baz; 07-22-2014 at 11:37 PM..
Old 07-23-2014, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Talk about Box Jellyfish,
2 of my ex girlfriends back in the 70s had close friends that died excruciatingly from diving straight into box jellyfish, they didnt last long, one at seaforth beach just north of mackay and one at Saunders beach just north of Townsville, and ive seen a huge one with tentacles 2 meters long drifting along under the main jetty at shute harbour not long ago,
Deadly f***ers those Boxys.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah
I knew a girl who got bitten on the funnel by a finger web spider
That woulda hurt.
David Hodgson and Rog246 like this.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Billy Connoly has a funny take on Australian wildlife.

Cheers

Old 07-23-2014, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

"Other than that, what a great country we have. I played golf today in the middle of Winter. The temperature was around 20 degrees C or in your language, in the mid 70's. Not bad for the middle of Winter. American's can't do that. I think I forgot to say that I had 35 points and won a nearest to the pin also. You can't do that in the snow"

Well you probably could but it would be a right bastard trying to find your balls !! And the golf balls would disappear in the snow too !

Harrison #100
Old 07-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey I was over there earlier this year with a bunch of ex-military guys I employ. Had a few days on the reef diving and had a chance to visit that little rock sticking up in the middle of nowhere. Climbed up that little bridge in Sydney harbor & visited a few resorts. Never made it to that no speed limit road.

I thought some beaches had nets for the box jellyfish. The one I was worried about was that little one that is very dangerous that can go through the nets.

You make it sound so safe brown snake. lol No way. Yeah we were putting up fences in a rocky outcrop and found eastern variety of rattkesnakes that were not suppose to be in our area. Now they are on the endangered list. But no comparison to really venomous snakes.

Asia has some hairy snakes and oh those frigging vipers worldwide. Came across those in South America. Never went to Africa but those vipers and black mamba so fast and frigging aggressive too.

I visited a friend on Guam Naval base and they have those snakes that climb and cause multiple power outages a night by climbing up the wires.

Someone posted a picture of a roo that seemed gigantic and on steroids.

cheers

Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kenmer with Ford Quad Cam Boss 260
Not Ranked     
Default Hairy snakes!

I found this dangerous little bugger lurking behind the outdoor dunny!

Doug
Rog246 likes this.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is that the infamous spitting trouser cobra?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: