Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree341Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2014, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Neutral     
Default Paintwerks' Absolute Pace 427SC build thread

Hey all,

Thought it about time to start the thread dedicated to the build of my Pace 427SC. I got the car back in December last year and she has sat idle since then while I cobbled together the funds to start buying parts...which I am happy to say that I have now done!

As to the specs:

Pace 427SC standard body with uprated resin
15" Trigo knock-off wheels
IRS with hardened gearset
Brembo brakes
Single roll hoop (satin black)
Dummy side pipes (satin black)
LSA 430kw motor with MG9 TR-6060 6 speed
Colour (undecided): Option 1: Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon white stripes
Option 2: Silver with blackstripes
Option 3: Brittany blue with silver stripes
Interior: All black with 15" wood rimmed steering wheel and bent T shifter
Full street registration

Russell is picking up his Pace 427 from QLD this coming Friday, and has kindly offered to bring all my large parts back with him. So, next week I'll be receiving:
  • Drivetrain & Engine Bay (50% of parts - waiting on headers and tailshaft)
  • Brake System parts
  • Fuel System parts
  • Cooling System parts
  • Roll bar
  • Windscreen
  • Seats and sliders

The car is currently a rolling chassis with diff, driveshafts and steering installed. I already have the LSA too. Inbound to me right now from the USA is the Corvette low profile sump kit and the LSA engine controller package. I'll get the TR6060 not long after all the above parts are installed (excl. the motor).

There are four of us building Pace's in Victoria (plus our Tassie member Tony/Tonus) and we're using Enkelmans Engineering. The engineer has been out and inspected the car and is really impressed with what he saw. He doesn't envision any headaches with the compliance and certification.

So, that's it - for now! Going to get cracking as soon as the parts arrive. And yes, I will be posting plenty of pics! Ideally, if it can be done, I'd like to complete the car by the 2015 Melbourne Grand Prix.

Cheers,
Sime
deano59, guye, boxhead and 9 others like this.