Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Bathurst 2014 - Should JW listened? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/131327-bathurst-2014-should-jw-listened.html)

spookypt 10-12-2014 06:18 PM

Bathurst 2014 - Should JW listened?

FORD WON...for those missed it!

What do people think about Mr Whincup ignoring team orders to conserve fuel? Very Vettelesk?? Mr Dane isn't happy and UIU wouldn't be either. I think 2nds better than 5th so imo he should have conserved.....

But in any case what a race. !:3DSMILE:

Spookypt

Modena 10-12-2014 06:25 PM

The race was awesome. I haven't caught up on the post-race politics, do we know he ignored his engineer or was a radio problem? It seemed he did back off at the start of the last lap?

If he did ignore him, well that was just dumb.

deano59 10-12-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena (Post 1322124)
The race was awesome. I haven't caught up on the post-race politics, do we know he ignored his engineer or was a radio problem? It seemed he did back off at the start of the last lap?

If he did ignore him, well that was just dumb.

even if he had radio problems he knows how many laps he had done he also knows how many laps a tank of fuel last a experienced drive such as himself should have done the sums in his head and realized fuel could be a issue and rolled off the throttle a bit .he also has a rear vison mirror ,
bad form on his part I believe and his team have a right to feel pissed off I feel

just thinking why didn't the crew hang a board over the pit wall or cant he read either

Wazza 10-12-2014 06:42 PM

That bloody "Red Mist".....
It'll get you every time......

I'd better get to the finish line as quick as I can, before my fuel runs out !!!!!!
Ha ha

That ticking/knocking noise is probably just a leaking exhaust gasket....
That funny sound could just be a stone caught up in the callipers......

That......CRAP !!!!!......WTF ??!!......OIL LIGHT!!!!! No oil pressure!!!!......engine dead....bugger.....

Mmmmmm......should've come in on that last lap !!

Frickin Red mist !!!!

Ha ha

deano59 10-12-2014 07:10 PM

[
double post sorry

spookypt 10-12-2014 08:01 PM

Might have been the suns glare...but I believe someone has already used that excuse for another issue..

Gav 10-12-2014 09:52 PM

He had been driving like the car was stolen all day.
Had he made it over the line he'd be a legend and you wouldn't hear anything from his engineer.
Reckless? yes
Talented? yes
but bad form? He chose to take a risk and it didn't come off unfortunately.

How was Lownesy's love tap on Winterarse though?

Jethrow 10-12-2014 09:59 PM

As talented as JW is, you can always sense the underlying arrogance. Which with 6 laps to go was on full display.

Obviously he felt he was bigger than the constraints of mere physics ...... And afterall, what would his race engineer know. He is only an engineer.

Rog246 10-12-2014 10:07 PM

Harsh Jethrow Harsh.:CRY:
True but harsh...........Govmint Motors does it again :CRY:

deano59 10-12-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1322138)
He had been driving like the car was stolen all day.
Had he made it over the line he'd be a legend and you wouldn't hear anything from his engineer.
Reckless? yes
Talented? yes
but bad form? He chose to take a risk and it didn't come off unfortunately.

How was Lownesy's love tap on Winterarse though?

I was actually going for the Volvos myself and not a fan of lownseys but I don't think he hit him on purpose I think they wad just racing close and they touched I would have classed it a racing incident myself . pity it happened so close to the end of the race tho .

spookypt 10-12-2014 10:32 PM

And how was Ingalls 'seniors moment" at turn 2? Wow... kamakazi **)

deano59 10-12-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1322145)

bout time he hung up his helmet I think gee between him and murph they have caused some damage over the yrs

David Hodgson 10-13-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano59 (Post 1322143)
not a fan of lownseys but I don't think he hit him on purpose I think they wad just racing close and they touched I would have classed it a racing incident myself .

Don't think it was the sun in his eyes - another case of the RED MIST

David Hodgson 10-13-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1322145)

Should've been in a Volvo wearing a hat

Dimis 10-13-2014 02:08 AM

I think JW has probably won more races than his lost with that attitude.

Go for broke! 2nd vs 5th. Who cares?
I forget both equally as quick...
Who was 2nd and 5th 2 and 5 years ago?
I wouldn't know without looking it up!

But 1st vs 2nd well that there is worth the punt. No?

I say well played, but just bad luck.
In my experience engineers, by nature are over conservative.
Perhaps not this one. Lol

jcraigau 10-13-2014 02:14 AM

Yea, 4.5L to go 6.2kms, so if you cross the line with 2L left you are going to struggle!
Love Chaz's speach "Cough ya bast@rd!"

SparkyWA 10-13-2014 03:38 AM

Jamie is a racer,he raced for 7 hours and slow down to finish 2nd -no way!
Put it all on the line from start to finish - absolutely!
He, like every other driver, took calculated risks on every lap, some paid off, some didn't....

What does every one think about the half time servicing? Should it have been parc ferme?

deano59 10-13-2014 04:26 AM

too finish first you have first finish no one remembers who come 5 th

Jethrow 10-13-2014 05:17 AM

So whilst win it or bin it is admirable, had he dropped his lap speed by 0.5 sec per lap, being 3 secs up with 5 laps to go, he probably would have made it and still won.

Thats what his too conservative engineer wanted him to do. (The same engineer who predicted EXACTLY when we was gunna run out based on his actual lap speed .....)

Legless 10-13-2014 02:03 PM

I reckon the last 20 laps or so was the best television I've ever seen. :3DSMILE: