Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2015, 01:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks Mike,

Classic Revival did the work initially on the crate motor... all evidence I have confirms that research, checking or validating are also not among Denner's strong suits.

For those who may also have outstanding legal claims on Classic Revival, Denner advises that the new owners of Classic Revival are liable for any and all of his previous faults, acts or omissions.

My understanding of contract law says this is not possible to enforce UNLESS the new owner didnt exclude liability for any works or services performed before the change of ownership, or these liabilities are covered in the contract and recoverable with a claw back clause inside a set period from the date of sale.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 10-15-2015, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your issues with CR. From what you have said has Ian sold Classica Revival?
I spoke with Ian 2 weeks ago, sent my $10 off for the info pack and then spoke with Ian again about fitting a Ford Coyote Engine in his chassis. Told me it would fit just, since had it confirmed by an existing owner that it wont!
Never mentioned business had or was about to have new owners.
Cheers
Old 10-15-2015, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

So he's sold the business but still took your money for an info pack?

In this day and age of the internet and electronic communications manufacturers are still charging for an info pack... WTF??!!
boxhead and Towmaster like this.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It appears that way, hence my question to Chris.

Would of thought if the business was sold, Ian would of passed my details on for a potential sale. I was really taken with the CR!

I dont think there's any good pr on the CR brand at the moment, unfortunately!
Old 10-15-2015, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
So he's sold the business but still took your money for an info pack?

In this day and age of the internet and electronic communications manufacturers are still charging for an info pack... WTF??!!
He has always charged for this, at least as far back as 2006. I can imagine how many tyre kickers they would get over the years.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoity View Post
I dont think there's any good pr on the CR brand at the moment, unfortunately!
Oh I'm sure there is. Ask "are you happy?" to 10 different owners and you'll get 10 different answers. You're never going to find a group consensus on here.

Every manufacturer, dare I say every one involved in these cars gets both + and - feedback. It just is what it is. Talk to one bloke and he says manufacturer X is awesome and the next bloke wouldn't throw the last bucket of water on earth over him if he was on fire.

You just have to be happy in your own skin with your decision. There's not a cobra owner out there that hasn't had an issue with their respective suppliers and it makes no difference what end of the $ market you're coming in at.

Even once selected and happy you will find a rise and fall in performance meeting expectations.

Chris has had some issues and frustrations yes, as have we all...but we love the cars we're involved in and continue to enjoy them despite the challenges we face along the way.

Spookypt
albanycobra, Towmaster and ICCARS like this.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Oh I'm sure there is. Ask "are you happy?" to 10 different owners and you'll get 10 different answers. You're never going to find a group consensus on here.

Every manufacturer, dare I say every one involved in these cars gets both + and - feedback. It just is what it is. Talk to one bloke and he says manufacturer X is awesome and the next bloke wouldn't throw the last bucket of water on earth over him if he was on fire.

You just have to be happy in your own skin with your decision. There's not a cobra owner out there that hasn't had an issue with their respective suppliers and it makes no difference what end of the $ market you're coming in at.

Even once selected and happy you will find a rise and fall in performance meeting expectations.

Chris has had some issues and frustrations yes, as have we all...but we love the cars we're involved in and continue to enjoy them despite the challenges we face along the way.

Spookypt
Hey spooky, i wasn't suggesting the CR cars that are built or being built are causing bad PR.

As a prospective buyer i am looking to see who i should, figuratively speaking get into bed with. Given the experiences many owner/builders of the CR cars have had/having i dont think it presents well to someone like me. I was very close to pulling the trigger on one but wanted to hold off as you have to do your due diligence and it is amazing the info that just pops up from time to time.

The CR has the an awful lot of good things going for it except perhaps the current owners, if in fact they have been sold and a new level of professionalism comes into the brand then maybe they will be a major player. Time will tell!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I guess what I was trying to say was that if prospective buyers are trying to find a brand that ticks all the boxes both from a manufacturer/car spec perspective as well as owners/builders all singing high praise collectively without negative shortcomings you wont find one.

I'm sure every car manufacturer will acknowledge this and know that they can do better to serve their customers and to be fair to them, sometimes customers are very hard to deal with too.

Its a very small world this cobra/GT40 game in Oz.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

And it seems to be getting smaller, although interest in cars maybe on the up.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey guys..

Is good to hear from you.... Thanks for sharing your thoughts..

I dont have frustrations... Denner belligerently refuses to accept any liability for any of his mistakes. He has cost me at least 6 months on my build out of 12 so far, hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars and while he was completely obstructive and uncooperative beforehand, he has now taken care factor ZERO to a whole new level.

Frustrations.... nah. Ticking all the boxes.. !! OMG.. ! Is not even in that same solar system. Legal action pending.. a far more accurate statement.

I was going to start a new thread calling for submissions from similarly affected persons who had dealings with CR. Am happy aggregate all claims in a single action if there are other submissions. The NSW local courts will take submission without representation for matters less than $10K as far as Im aware or a more substantial case with multiple submissions can be formed.

I really am not one to chase good money after bad... but the attitude, the indifference and the COMPLETE lack of any ethical response is infuriating to my sense of morality and fair play.

Please send any responses on this matter via PM. It doesnt need to be taken any further here, as we are about sharing knowledge, experience and our love of fast classic cars for the betterment of the community we are proud to be part of.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade

Last edited by SydneyChris; 10-16-2015 at 02:48 AM..
Old 10-16-2015, 03:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your issues and I am sure there are enough issues in the kit building world without the perceived experts providing the experience you have had.

Has CR been sold, and if so are you aware if the new owners are aware of your issues?

They may be able to help!
Old 10-16-2015, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi Hoity,

The phone is disconnected.. Ive not been to Hornsby to see whats happened with the workshop.

Re the sale.. its only based on advice from Denner whilst continuing to seek to avoid responsibility for his stuff ups... so who knows if its actually true.

Cheers

Chris
Hoity likes this.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I really hope Classic Revival continues - would like the know the details of the new owners if they exist. The quality of the completed cars I think is evidence enough to show that despite the previous owners alleged failings, the basis of a quality cobra is there.

It think it is not really a secret where the "B" in B-Club comes from. There were certain frustrations with the previous owners attitude towards and\or failure to rectify certain things about the car that were less than ideal. Rear bump steer on square tube cars was an example.

The support from fellow builder was virtually essential due to a failure from the previous owner to recognise that his car was not perfect the way it was (along with a build manual that gave instructions like "Install Fuel Tank" to install the fuel tank). The support and development of the car within the builders community really has taken a good car and taken it to the next level. If anyone has driven a CR with and without the rear end mod done you will know what I mean. If you need further evidence just check out what the likes of DaveW, Aussie Mike, Mizzi and Beejay (who crash tested the fibreglass for us) have done or are doing with their cars.

The first thing the new owners need to do is contact current owners and find out what they would change about their cars. I suspect there would not be too many who would significantly change their car, but there certainly was\is issues that could have made the build process much easier. I think most of these bugs have been ironed out in the building community - but how nice would it be to have not had to deal with them in the first place.

Anyway - back to your FFive......

Cheers
Aussie Mike and Beejay like this.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

For those with an inexplicable appetite for pain, I went past the CR shop today.. is all locked up.. the phone is disconnected and the is no 'new' owner in sight. To the guy who paid $10 for the info pack.. !! be thankful that's all you spent.
Hoity likes this.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Cool

Originally I think Ian worked from his home.

Perhaps he is downsizing the business.

Ben
Old 10-20-2015, 12:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

He advised he retired after selling his thriving business.. ! but who could possibly know..

Last edited by SydneyChris; 10-20-2015 at 12:19 AM..
Old 10-20-2015, 02:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyChris View Post
For those with an inexplicable appetite for pain, I went past the CR shop today.. is all locked up.. the phone is disconnected and the is no 'new' owner in sight. To the guy who paid $10 for the info pack.. !! be thankful that's all you spent.
That would be me, lucky me. Maybe some one will pick up the pieces.?

As others have said, it's a good car when finished, and it has the tubes!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Engine repair done... Mr Not So Classic, in spite of pulling a 4 trigger cam sprocket off the crate motor replaced it with a SINGLE trigger unit. Is a pretty difficult one to miss.. but he managed it.

The Rollmaster CS1195 is an early Gen IV double row timing chain and sprocket set with a 4 pulse trigger (two long, two short) to suit a 3 bolt cam. It comes with the spacers for the oil pump to enable a direct bolt on and does not require the additional machining at the front of the engine Not So Classic charged me for at the time, even though the install he performed had exactly the same spacers included.

It now starts easily, runs smoothly and doesn't throw cam sensor codes..

Onward we hope from here..

PS: Hoity.. what ever medications you are on my friend, consider changing.. !! seriously.. I really wouldnt want for you to suffer the pain of the CR legacy of his incompetence.

Cheers

Chris
Attached Images

Hoity likes this.

Last edited by SydneyChris; 10-21-2015 at 09:35 PM..
Old 10-21-2015, 03:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

All good Chris, have moved on from CR. Think I am going to be another pace tragic!

It's hard to swim against a tidal wave!
Auswallaby likes this.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

look on the bright side Hoity the information pack might become a collectors item one of these years
mate and Hoity like this.