Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By itempany
  • 1 Post By tomcat racing
  • 1 Post By itempany
  • 1 Post By itempany

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 11:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Drb, 302 Comp cam, Cobra Nationals 2001 and 2002
Not Ranked     
Default Australia Classic Precision Rally

A good excuse to come to Cairns with your Cobra's, GT40's, Daytonas etc.
The Australia Classic Cairns 2015 will be run over the weekend of June 20-21 this year. General entry is for cars 30 years old or older. Open category allows Cobras, Gt40s and later model Ferrari's and supercars. Best time of the year to visit and or compete as weather is generally cooler then, 20-25c. There are generally a couple of local Cobras entered and I know of one definitely entered this year ....a nice DRB, but I am not biased. Would be nice to see a Pace Cobra up here? Any way hope to see a few of you up here.

Australia Classic
http://youtu.be/38WfpiaXDqU

Ian

Last edited by itempany; 01-17-2015 at 11:12 PM..
Old 01-18-2015, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

I might wander on up the track.
Tomcat
Old 01-19-2015, 12:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You shall be very welcome. Don't forget the RMC
Ian
Old 03-02-2015, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still 3 months to go and entrants are just about filled up. Time to get the cobra prepped. New tyres, service and spit and polish.Still deciding between Mickey Thompson ST's or SR's.....will wait and see.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=808879252493172

Ian
Old 06-24-2015, 01:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Australia classic rally held last weekend 20th and 21st June. Had a great 2 days with good weather Sat and wet conditions Sun. 59 vehicles competed, with some vehicles from Melbourne and Sydney. Big learning curve Sat and was in 40th place at Lunch on Sunday. Made up 9 places in the afternoon to finish at 31st. Won one of the 1/100 Challenges and am happy with that.

Ian
https://youtu.be/wX4YR4ePyqQ
750hp, boxhead, mate and 3 others like this.

Last edited by itempany; 06-26-2015 at 04:19 PM..
Old 06-24-2015, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Glad you had fun Ian, at least you had a soft top on, sunday was the most trying day i have ever had driving the cobra, no wet weather tyres, almost 300 kms in pouring rain, no top, no windscreen wipers and the thickest fog up on the mountains of the tablelands i have ever seen, you couldly hardly see 5 mts in front of you, at the worst stage i was driving one handed on narrow one lane roads with steep grassy slopes both sides leaning over the outside of the windscreen wiping it with a towell to see where i was going, rainex only works above 80kmh. Man was that a drive, Zoltan the organizer called it heroic to finish it, only 2 cars out of 59 had no roofs, i was exhausted at the finish.
See what next year might bring.
renovationinnov likes this.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I certainly agree about the wet weather. The fog was really thick with a car length at best visibility at one stage. I don't know if having the soft top on was better as it leaked a fair bit and the doors leaked also with nearly what felt an inch of water washing back and forward around corners on the floor. But the cobra kept going........after losing first gear and cracking the windscreen somehow. Checked clutch cable and seems to be adjustment nut loosening... so should be okay.
Tom.... How was the trip back to Airlie Beach?
Old 06-24-2015, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itempany View Post
I certainly agree about the wet weather. The fog was really thick with a car length at best visibility at one stage. I don't know if having the soft top on was better as it leaked a fair bit and the doors leaked also with nearly what felt an inch of water washing back and forward around corners on the floor. But the cobra kept going........after losing first gear and cracking the windscreen somehow. Checked clutch cable and seems to be adjustment nut loosening... so should be okay.
Tom.... How was the trip back to Airlie Beach?
Well very eventful as well, about 70ks north of townsville i had a tyre lock up on the tamdem trailer smoking badly and flat spotted it, i though whats going on as there not electric brakes, upon inspection the top mounting bolt came out of the brake caliper and it swung down and locked up with the inside of the rim.
The bottom bolt was almost out as well so jacked it up took the whole caliper off and tied it to the side of the trailer and then limped in to townsville in the rain with no trailer brakes hoping no one would pull out in front of me.
3 hours later i tracked down a place that sold the bolts with the sleeves and mounted it all back up in front of their shop but it was too late to travel on to airlie so stayed at a mates place for the night and had a few well earned beers. Got home tuesday lunchtime.
Certainly was an eventful weekend.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some photos of AC15

Marlox likes this.

Last edited by itempany; 06-27-2015 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: adding photo
Old 09-16-2015, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Australia Classic Rally full length video with extra clips of the Cobra
https://youtu.be/3v4akfe1p2A
Old 09-17-2015, 12:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I think I saw an email that this event is being moved down to Townsville based for 2016 (to change the scenery and likely avoid the rain)

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes its going to Townsville next year due to running out of different routes to keep it interesting and challenging..... and yes to beat the weather! The cost of entry I hear will be higher also. Not sure if I will enter again next year as I will being going to Europe about same time of year. Not sure if budget will hold up. But hope to re enter in future as not much else up this way to enter.

Ian
boxhead likes this.