Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Pace 427 Alumina #69 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/132347-pace-427-alumina-69-a.html)

guye 10-20-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas_ (Post 1406685)
You going all the way to Arundel???

Yes he is, Dallas.

LA to New York (about). And back again!

Seriously committed, huh!?

Jaydee 10-20-2016 07:26 PM

I looked into picking up my Cobra from Sydney, but found a transport company which worked out cheaper and less hassle. I'm sure you have looked into that.
You are welcome to drop by on the way back if you like.
JD

BJ's Snake 10-20-2016 11:58 PM

Good on you Dave I say.
Transport Companys don't give a F#ck and you would be beside yourself if
it was damaged in any way.
I drove from Canberra which was only 2000k's round trip for that reason to pick mine up.
Travel safe.

albanycobra 10-21-2016 12:26 AM

Exactly, I have had plenty of damaged kit cars from freighting and few on here could tell a few stories about freight damage I bet.

For me there is a few reasons why I am picking the car up.
1-The freight companies don't care. My car has an alloy body and it won't forgive a rub here or a nudge there....I bet even plastic shrink wrap could wrap the panels. Fibreglass is great it pops back out or just deflects ,not alloy.
2- I have plenty of time off at the moment and I havent driven across the country since I was a kid.
3- I bought a lovely enclosed car trailer which is also at the Pace factory now.

I'm doing about 800k a day easy going and not speeding. Staying in lovely motels so not roughing it in the slightest. I'm planing on going to Dubbo to meet Mark so lots of things to and see on the way. A good Mate of mine is flying to Brissy Sunday and driving home with me so will have company.....that's my story

spookypt 10-21-2016 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1406791)
3- I bought a lovely enclosed car trailer which is also at the Pace factory now.

Didn't you end up buying towmasters then Dave?? Lol (I owe him a few elbows to the ribs) :LOL:

albanycobra 10-21-2016 02:01 AM

Ha ha yep.....could of had Emu Stew for dinner.....

albanycobra 10-22-2016 12:02 AM

I'm at Narrabri....climbed some hills today....looks like a lot of roads have been under water.

xb-60 10-22-2016 02:03 AM

Too early to estimate when you'll be going through Pt Augusta on the way back?

albanycobra 10-22-2016 03:58 AM

I have a car issue to sort but Port Augusta maybe Saturday Im thinking. Why? Is your car on the way Glen?

xb-60 10-22-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1406866)
I have a car issue to sort but Port Augusta maybe Saturday Im thinking. Why? Is your car on the way Glen?

Depending on timing, slight chance I might be able to make it up to PA to wave.
My car came 'home' on Friday :)

This is a road trip you'll talk about for decades, mate. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Glen

albanycobra 10-22-2016 07:00 PM

Awesome you got your car....let you know when I'm closer

albanycobra 10-22-2016 09:17 PM

Argh car issues.....made to airport to pick up my Mate, but car running rough and engine light on....

David Hodgson 10-23-2016 02:04 PM

Great squid fishing off that jetty at Ceduna and plenty of King George Whiting in the bay.

albanycobra 10-23-2016 11:47 PM

United with car today.....exceeded my expectations. Load up Wednesday and head home.

David Hodgson 10-25-2016 02:52 AM

Didn't happen

You know Dave, I think you've just gone to Ceduna for a holliday and you're not in QLD at all or even picking up an alloy bodied Cobra - 'cause there's NO PICS :3DSMILE:

deano59 10-25-2016 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hodgson (Post 1407147)
You know Dave, I think you've just gone to Ceduna for a holliday and you're not in QLD at all or even picking up an alloy bodied Cobra - 'cause there's NO PICS :3DSMILE:

at least he could post pics of the squid and whiting lol

albanycobra 10-25-2016 04:52 AM

Sorry Fella's

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/image356.jpg

All going well, packing car and parts, heading off tomorrow....Craig is moving factory so its pretty busy there. More soon.

dallas_ 10-25-2016 05:31 AM

Looks fantastic!
But it will look even better in your shed. :)

Jaydee 10-26-2016 02:58 AM

Has the thickness of the ali been the same over the years?
JD

ICCARS 10-26-2016 04:05 AM

Refer photo above :- Dave, all you need now is some hot water and bubbles and it will be the fanciest Hot Water Tub in all of Albany.. LOL

Just kidding, it looks superb mate.

Cheers