Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Pace 427 Alumina #69 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/132347-pace-427-alumina-69-a.html)

albanycobra 01-30-2015 07:36 PM

Pace 427 Alumina #69

Well Fellas I have commited to join the Pace family and I am looking forward to building my Pace Alumina. I was blown away by the quality of Craigs cars and I have wanted one since they where first released. I'm looking forward to posting pics of the build and sharing my ups and downs with you. I have always wanted an alloy body Cobra and with Craig and the Crews help I can now achieve this goal. Thanks to Wazza for answering all my silly questions at all times of night. It feels great to be supporting an Aussie company that is producing this kind of quality work.

Plan is
Body- brushed alloy finish or maybe polished depends on rego.

Wheels-BRM 15inch knock on wheels with AVON tyres (goodyears would be cool)

Motor- I think windsor 5.0 but have been considering Coyote and LS2 (yes the old LS2), 8 stack after rego. 6 spd manual, LSD 3.5

interior- Black leather seat, black leather dash , 8 ball chrome gauges, black carpet

Black side pipes. Although the Missus wants chrome everything...Im hoping to achieve an old skool look on the outside.

Cheers
Dave :D

Donunder 01-30-2015 08:14 PM

Congratulations Dave.

So you're going to be the pioneer hey?

It will be difficult for you to just "pop in" to check on progress, but I'm sure we locals will be more than happy to drop by for a quick squizz to make sure everything is proceeding according to plan. ;)

Well done on being the first to get on board for the next exciting Pace project. As you say, Craig and his team deserve plenty of support for their enthusiasm, their undoubted quality of workmanship and the vision they have for the future of the Cobra reproduction industry.

albanycobra 01-30-2015 09:01 PM

Will be great if you Guys can keep an eye on it for me...I got nearly 400 000 Freq flyer points so plenty of trips to QLD for me coming up....Yeah someone had to step up and get one of these Alloy body cars built.....

deano59 01-30-2015 09:03 PM

well done im sure you will end up with a fine car ive always loved the alloy look but the closest I got was a picture of me standing next too a kirkam body lol . , I look forward to watching your build take place with great envy again well done .

cheers dean

750hp 01-30-2015 10:45 PM

Congrats on the decision. I assume your car will have the first Alumina body built?
By the way, my knowledge of chemical compounds is pretty limited, so I googled Alumina. The site was still on "Google Image" searches, so the search results just looked like a big party at Charlie Sheen's house...

Brushed body with matt black pipes, quick jacks, roll bar. Aged magnesium coloured wheels. Windsor motor built to replicate an early 60s 289. Who wants to buy my pro street Chevelle so I can do this? Chassis number 77 sounds just right!

d488y2 01-30-2015 11:04 PM

Well done, the Alumina Pace will look stunning shining in the Western Sun.

OnyxCobra 01-30-2015 11:04 PM

Damn missed my favorite number by one! (68)

albanycobra 01-31-2015 12:14 AM

Cmon Craig (750hp) get on board.....:).

Modena 01-31-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnyxCobra (Post 1337628)
Damn missed my favorite number by one! (68)

You must do it different to me

guye 01-31-2015 02:24 AM

Congrats Dave, and welcome to the Pace Clan.

Just thinking, surely you'd have to get the Coyote Aluminator engine?

albanycobra 01-31-2015 03:54 AM

Not sure yet, the Coyote is on the list......

albanycobra 01-31-2015 04:53 AM

Double post...

Buzz 01-31-2015 12:47 PM

Congratulations!! I really like the Absolute Pace approach and product and can't wait to see how the alloy car comes out. If it looks as good as the composite body, I think this will be a revolutionary product in the industry. Faithful to the particular look and mojo that made the 'old' Cobra famous combined with the technology and performance to keep new enthusiasts interested is exactly what the replica industry needs to keep the hobby alive. Looking forward to the pics!

Mrs flatchat 01-31-2015 02:13 PM

This is what goes with that, Dave
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/052...g?v=1402072798

Its tradition -- All ally FE 427ci BB Ford live side pipes , carby and coupled to a Top loader (4spd)--or we can do a nice TKO 600 (5) or better still a T56 magnum (6) --its as simple as that ;-)

albanycobra 01-31-2015 03:01 PM

very nice.......

OnyxCobra 01-31-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena (Post 1337631)
You must do it different to me

Possibly..................
s#*k this, I will owe you one!!!

M@

albanycobra 02-03-2015 06:14 AM

Read the build manual today...all i can say is wow......pretty bloody impressive....600 pages....krikey.....

albanycobra 05-27-2015 07:25 PM

Latest Update

Well after all the silliness , I decided that the Pace Alumina has to continue. Much to good an opportunity to get an Aussie built Alloy body , alloy chassis car. might be my only chance really.

The body buck is just about finished and ready to start building on and Wazza tells me my chassis fab will start in the next week. I need to get planning.

Thinking I will just go with the 302W. I have a crazy 414 stroker Windsor in my 40 and it's now a car no one can drive that isnt a driver. So mild 347 8 Stack EFI, 5 spd. Body I want to finish in satin....kinda like a polished version that hasnt been polished in a few years. Chrome exhaust and roll bars.

xb-60 05-27-2015 08:53 PM

Dave, good to see a 302-based engine in a Cobra :)
Looking forward to following the build.
Cheers,
Glen

deano59 05-27-2015 09:00 PM

Gday there and congrats on the car do you know if the chassis is the same as ours or if the alloy body can be retro fitted to our chassis at a later date