Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Pace 427 Alumina #69 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/132347-pace-427-alumina-69-a.html)

xb-60 09-01-2015 08:43 PM

Dave, how much detailing do you think you can do on the block and heads, and how much of the induction will you need to remove?

Cheers,
Glen

albanycobra 09-01-2015 10:03 PM

probably just paint block and heads black, polish everything else. I am looking at adapting my standard efi to run on victor jnr efi manifold and a 4 barrel throttle body. I am working on an oval style air filter that incorporates the afm. So will have that modified look with but stock efi. I am going to reposition the coil packs to the rear of the block to hide them away. I dont even know if the standard AU intake fits under the bonnet. Would be good to know.

damage 09-01-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1361409)
probably just paint block and heads black, polish everything else. I am looking at adapting my standard efi to run on victor jnr efi manifold and a 4 barrel throttle body. I am working on an oval style air filter that incorporates the afm. So will have that modified look with but stock efi. I am going to reposition the coil packs to the rear of the block to hide them away. I dont even know if the standard AU intake fits under the bonnet. Would be good to know.

The HO 5.0 wouldn't be drastically higher so I would have thought your choice wouldn't be an issue.

xb-60 09-01-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1361409)

Going back to a V-belt?

albanycobra 09-02-2015 12:30 AM

not sure about V belt, maybe . I dont mind the serpentine set up though. will leave that stuff till i have a car to see where all goes.

xb-60 09-02-2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1361421)
not sure about V belt, maybe . I dont mind the serpentine set up though. will leave that stuff till i have a car to see where all goes.

I'd like to morph mine back to as period correct as I can, so I'm thinking I can certainly lose the serpentine belt....along with PS pump, A/C compressor and whatever else. All it really needs to turn is the water pump and the alternator :)

Cheers,
Glen

albanycobra 09-02-2015 03:20 AM

Remember you need the trigger disc on the back of the crank pulley if you want to keep the stock EFI. I will drop all the ugly p/steer ,A\C and chunky brackets.

xb-60 09-02-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1361424)
Remember you need the trigger disc on the back of the crank pulley if you want to keep the stock EFI. I will drop all the ugly p/steer ,A\C and chunky brackets.

It will be interesting to weigh what we take off. There must be at least 10kg there.
These are Absolute Pace cars, so we should be doing our bit with 'weight watching' as well ;)

Cheers,
Glen

albanycobra 09-21-2015 03:58 AM

You could get the same factory GT40P heads in Alloy instead of steel and paint them engine block colour , that's my plan at moment. Thinking I will paint motor ford engine blue with polished alloy bits. Talking to Massflo it seems their 4,barrel throttle body mounted afm will work with EEC-V so that's a bonus.

albanycobra 10-11-2015 09:02 PM

From Hoitys which kit thread

Craig - can you clarify what your doing with the carbon fibre - Is it just basically a layer of CF layed up on the inside of the Aluminium?

We just had a nice Hail storm come through here that would have golf balled a aluminium car.

Also here are some differences between the glass car and Alloy body car
• Upgraded CNC Billet Aluminium Pushrod Suspension
• Upgraded CNC Billet Bonnet and Boot Hinges
• Upgraded Aluminium Formed Dash
• Special ALUMINA emblems and Identity Plaques

albanycobra 10-14-2015 03:23 AM

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/image268.jpg

Heres the progress on the body buck.....still a bit away from making from panels.

My understanding is ( I could be completely wrong) the body will be lined with a CF layer making it like a hybrid alloy/CF body . This gives the body the strength so it can be removed and mounted like a fibreglass body. Might even make it more resistant to denting like traditional alloy bodies.

Aussie Mike 10-14-2015 04:00 AM

I suspect it'll be a molded carbon fiber frame structure much like the the steel frame structure under the originals. Bonded rather than wrapped and riveted. Having a layer of CF bonded to the whole inside would make it a nightmare to repair.

Interested to see what they come up with.

Cheers

albanycobra 10-14-2015 04:11 AM

You could be right Mike.....

Zacson 10-18-2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Mike (Post 1367090)
I suspect it'll be a molded carbon fiber frame structure much like the the steel frame structure under the originals. Bonded rather than wrapped and riveted. Having a layer of CF bonded to the whole inside would make it a nightmare to repair.

Not to mention the weight! Seems it may end up quite a bit heavier than the 'Super Street' (high carbon content) body option??? Guess time will tell. Will look cool though.

Good to see the progress though!:cool:

Wazza 10-19-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Mike (Post 1367090)

Interested to see what they come up with.

Cheers

Just to clarify a little...
You are correct Mike...
It will be "similar" to the steel frame used by other Aluminium bodied replicas, in that it will be a support frame under the Aluminium body, and of course, it will be further supported by the aluminium monocoque chassis,....but rather than steel, it will consist of a combination of Carbon and Kevlar.

Light but extremely strong, and it doesn't restrict access to the aluminium body as much as the steel frame, when the need for any work or repairs are required.
i.e. you could drill through a section of the frame if you needed to access a particular spot on the body to do a repair and so on.
If it's done right ( and that's what we're going to make sure of) it will be pretty cool and functional.
Cheers,
Warren.

albanycobra 11-29-2015 11:30 PM

Here's the buck ready to go, won't be long till Mark weaves his magic on

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...0/image270.jpg

Aussie Mike 01-14-2016 11:21 PM

Just saw a pic on FB of half an aluminum body hung over the Pace body buck. Looking very sexy.

Cheers

Tonus72 01-14-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Mike (Post 1377762)
Just saw a pic on FB of half an aluminum body hung over the Pace body buck. Looking very sexy.

Cheers

Can you copy it here??

Tony

Aussie Mike 01-19-2016 04:08 PM

Check out Mark Nugent's Facebook page for updates. This bloke does amazing metalwork.

https://www.facebook.com/marknugent.com.au/?fref=ts

Cheers

spookypt 01-19-2016 06:22 PM

This is taking an individual cobra build to a whole new level. Congrats Dave.