Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2015, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
Get in contact with Treeve on this forum.

You have found some great cars, its worth the leg work to make it happen.
Thanks for the PM and spoke to Treeve last night and we had a good chat and I think he has pointed me in the right direction.
mate likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
I'd be more inclined to find the legislation that clearly states one can't register a car in another state once it has been ADR approved, registered and is in road worthy condition...
ICVs are not being "ADR approved" (i.e. type approved). They are being checked for compliance against the ADRs and any relevant state registration requirements, and then as each state is responsible for registration within their state, they are allowing registration as the vehicle has been checked for compliance to the ADRs and hence allowed to be registered.

At no point are they type approved, and hence each state is within the rules to require them to be inspected relative to their own legislation to prove compliance at the time of registration in the new state.

Obvious really, if you're a bureaucrat...

Treeve
mate likes this.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Haven't been here for a while....interesting the banter over interstate transfer, suffice to say that i could have sold the car 10 times over if buyers weren't so scared of the transfer issues.

It's been done plenty of times of course, i do think some people overstate the process which puts the wind up buyers.....

Owning a Cobra is a privilege, but you need a certain amount of tenacity to acquire and maintain one....bit like a good looking woman hihi

If you ain't got the balls to see it through then buy a ferkin Camry.
Dimis likes this.

Last edited by byroncobra; 04-14-2015 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-14-2015, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Greg but I already have a Camry as a company car and I certainly wouldn't be buying one with my own money!!

I would not say buyers are scared, they are educated and subsequently cautious as there are clearly are issues registering ICVs between states in Australia, some will be easier than others. However this usually will mean some additional unknown costs to a buyer.

Last edited by madt2007; 04-14-2015 at 10:36 PM..
Old 04-14-2015, 11:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Greg take it to macleans bridge. I'm sure it'll get some solid interest there. If you're finding it hard heaven help those who have opted for TBs, live pipes and removed head rests etc etc

The right buyer will come. Perhaps put it on NSW QLD VIC Facebook and club pages? That might help.

Matt
Old 04-17-2015, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Understood that there's a fair bit of coin being spent and buyers are rightfully cautious...my comment was, as are most on this forum, tongue in cheek of course.

You'd be surprised how many calls I've had from blokes with no clue about interstate transfer.

Matt, thanks for the suggestion of Macleans Bridge. I notice that it's not at Lakeside any more. The pics on the website show a pretty small gathering compared to last time that I went in 2013.
madt2007 likes this.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Why not offer to register the car in the chosen state for 10k more than asking and a no sale condition if it can't be done?
Old 04-18-2015, 12:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

when i was looking at buying one from interstate our dept of rd transport said if the cars could show a history of continued rego and had engineering reports that satisfied them they would let the cars in with just a basic engine number and safety check ,
how ever most cars i looked at they wernt happy with the engineering reports some were only one or two pages just ask leroy how thick his sa report on his harrison was around 30 pages i think .so if they wernt happy with the reports the car had to go for full engineering at a cost of around m4 to 5 thousand plus fixing anything that needed doing . that was the reason i stopped looking in the end and decided to build the pace i fig if i had to pay that for engineering it may as well be on a new car .
hope that gives some insight on how it is here in sa at least
Old 04-18-2015, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python ford 302 ho, 4 speed toploader, jag irs 3.54
Not Ranked     

I think my Cobras engineers report is about 80 pages from memory, fairly full on last time i had a read of it.
deano59 likes this.