Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Auswallaby Build Thread (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/132967-auswallaby-build-thread.html)

Auswallaby 04-17-2015 05:05 AM

Auswallaby Build Thread

Deposit paid!!!

Let the mid-life crisis begin!!!!

AP427, LS3, TR6060, Dark Blue, White stripes. :)

albanycobra 04-17-2015 05:09 AM

Woohoo.....congrats......

guye 04-17-2015 05:25 AM

Well done Aus. Chassis number?

deano59 04-17-2015 06:33 AM

how long before you get it :-) congrats they are a awesome car im told

damage 04-17-2015 08:58 AM

Lol ^^^^

welcome to the waiting list

Zacson 04-17-2015 01:06 PM

Congrats! They are an awesome product and I'll be interested in seeing how it progresses. 😎

Tonus72 04-19-2015 02:45 AM

Congrats Auswallaby

what other details can you tell us?

Paint? Comprehensive kit? Building it yourself? ETA? Diff ratio? Crate motor?

I love a good build thread :)

Tony

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auswallaby (Post 1345413)
Deposit paid!!!

Let the mid-life crisis begin!!!!

AP427, LS3, TR6060, Dark Blue, White stripes. :)

Auswallaby 04-19-2015 04:43 AM

Thanks Folks. Pretty excited myself. This is my first foray into this type of stuff so took my time deciding. Waiting for the chasis number, but hoping for an Oct delivery of the comprehensive kit and a few extras (hoping to tie it in with the Nats in Glbn as I'm only an hour away). I'll be building it myself over the next two years (with plenty of help from the forum and a neighbour). I've got a big shed (12x9m) but it's full of crap, wood for my second pergola, bikes, etc. About to order the new crate engine, trans etc. looking for a 3.7 hardened diff. I'm going to paint it dark Blue, just not sure whether to go with the dark blue gel coat or just go with white....

deano59 04-19-2015 05:28 AM

the gel coat finish is just out standing i would go with that and if you want to paint it a different color you can later on . i have my own vinyl cutter so im going to make my own stripes and apply them .oct ya reckon that will give you time too clean ya shed out .

cheers dean

Auswallaby 04-20-2015 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guye (Post 1345416)
Well done Aus. Chassis number?

Woooo Hooo, I'm number 53!!!!!!! (no significance, just happy to be a number....)

Auswallaby 04-20-2015 02:36 AM

Have to get cracking on the pergola, once that is done there will be plenty of space (and no more sawdust for a while).

albanycobra 04-20-2015 03:19 AM

I love the prep time....getting new tools....shed extensions, searchng for parts...

Auswallaby 04-20-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1345664)
I love the prep time....getting new tools....shed extensions, searchng for parts...

Ooooh, good point....what new tools am I gonna need (gets more excited)!!!!!**)

d488y2 04-20-2015 03:10 PM

Welcome to the Pace Party, Good Choice.

Did somebody says Tools?????
Have you seen a Build Manual most of the tools required are listed.

deano59 04-20-2015 07:21 PM

it's just the excuse you need to ring up the snap on truck and get him to come around best you have the mrs go out when he comes :-) and just go made inside the truck . my mrs hates it when she see the snap on truck coming down our street.

all jokes aside any reasonable socket set and spanners screwdrivers tap and die set will get the job done . stanley brand from bunnin gs is as good as any for the bloke at home wanting to put a pace together . my collection of tools spans 30 yrs as a mechanic so im pretty well covered in that regard but saying that i donr need much of a excuse to spend on more lol

Zacson 04-20-2015 08:04 PM

I'm the same as you deano59, the years spent swinging spanners has given me more than enough tools to screw a Pace together. I even splurged on a hoist to make the job easier.

But, you never can have enough tools! I'm always buying new bits and pieces!

deano59 04-20-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacson (Post 1345768)
I'm the same as you deano59, the years spent swinging spanners has given me more than enough tools to screw a Pace together. I even splurged on a hoist to make the job easier.

But, you never can have enough tools! I'm always buying new bits and pieces!

my shed at home while big it does not have the height for a hoist as much as i would love one . just lately ive been buying a lot of dewalt drills grinders rattle guns ect ect as drills with cords are old hat now and at the track the recharable stuff is the way to go . my latest tool spree ended up with a new rollcab and toolbox thats taller than me and a 18 cfm single phase compressor and a tyre changing machine at home just save saves having to drive 20 mins to a mates workshop everytime i needed to change tyres .

Towmaster 04-21-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damage (Post 1345435)
Lol ^^^^

welcome to the waiting list

All good things come to those who wait..... :)

alffie 04-22-2015 01:44 AM

Hi Deano
When did you order your pace? I vaguely remember you expecting a christmas delivery?

Wazza 04-22-2015 02:31 AM

Ordered and holding deposit paid in September,which then got Dean on the build order.

Normally then it is something like 3-6 weeks until the build starts...
With the Nationals and a busy period,the build started after 8 weeks...
then it was 12 weeks for the body and chassis to be built...(we usually allow 12-16weeks)

I would never have imagined we could have finished the build by Christmas.

That 12 weeks took it up to February, and since then,we've completed a full detail,and fitted all suspension brakes and steering.
During all of this I have sent a ton of updated photos / email updates etc., but I know I've heard that "Christmas delivery" a few times now,but the build only started in November,so we couldn't make it a Christmas present unfortunately.
We have had some delays now fitting the Auto gearbox,and I'm hoping it won't be much longer...( we could do with about 4 more staff at the moment,and hope well have that sorted in the next week or so)
I know Dean is very keen to get her home,and were doing our best.

I know we should be quicker with some builds,and I know that it seems like a long wait....but at least it's certainly improved from days gone bye,when many of us took YEARS to get a Cobra finished..( mine nearly killed me waiting for over FOUR years).

We will continue to do our best,and with the extra staff,should be back to full PACE very soon.

Cheers,
Warren