Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree155Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2015, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427S, Coyote Aluminator
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
I love it, with one thread anyone who has been whining has turned around and agreed that they have purchased a great car and wish they had their toy in their shed ASAP.

Nothing else to see here, get on with your lives citizens...
And who might that be Gav, I don't recall any whining about the car, I think you have it a little wrong mate.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Well it isn't Anzac Day yet, so here we are a couple of years down the track with a bunch of guys that are " whinging" ( yours and towmasters words wazza) mmmmmm maybe I aint a liar after all.

One common denominator. Okay Wazza over to you mate your pretty good on the mouth so get typing and alay all of those fears from the clients that are sick of waiting.
I never said anyone was "whinging",
I acknowledged that we can do things better, and thanked the clients who have supported us.
You have an agenda David...I don't want to waste time talking to you.
My opinion of you hasn't changed...
I thought you'd be out enjoying that beautiful"registered" car of yours,rather than trying once again to sh-t stir trouble towards this business.
I'd really prefer to attend to all of our clients needs in person,rather than on the forum.
Many thanks,
Warren
Old 04-24-2015, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

In the end, hopefully all of these comments will lead to AP building a great business, and make a great kit even better.

Some of the constructive criticism will hopefully lead to improvements - like the changes Russell made to make the battery compartment more practical.

Hopefully in the end, the changes will also silence the knockers who get pleasure from seeing something go wrong for other people.

Tony
BMK, Gav, Wazza and 3 others like this.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Whoops........

Well that escalated quickly........

This was supposed to be a light hearted dig.... And a little tongue in cheek effort at people stopping the hijacking of build threads.

Lest we forget!

Towy the Tool ��
boxhead and Wazza like this.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

just come back from Dawn service it makes you appreciate what was sacrificed for the future generations . makes things like cars seem a bit trivial in the scheme of things .
lest we forget
Wazza and Lexluther like this.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
Whoops........

Well that escalated quickly........

This was supposed to be a light hearted dig.... And a little tongue in cheek effort at people stopping the hijacking of build threads.

Lest we forget!

Towy the Tool ��
Maybe next time you'll realise that there is some substance to comments people make and we're not just whingers

You know very little about the dealings we have had or who we are. As an example, this 'Johnny come lately completed his first Cobra in June 1998 when I was 21 years old. There has since been multiple car rebuilds to show(magazine) standards using multiple suppliers both local and offshore.

This post has nothing to do with Pace and everything to do with you and the comment you made about Pace builders!
Hail427 likes this.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Towmaster I wasn’t going to comment but since you lobbed me in with all the whinging Pace Owners group then I have the right for reply.

Firstly I would say it’s bullsh#t that someone would have a rant then finish it off with Lest we forget, that’s crap ….shows your calibre Mate, which is fck all in my book. I found your whole post highly offensive and disgraceful. I'm not laughing Mate.

Quote:
So Towmaster your a supplier for CrAig are you part of the problem?
If you are a supplier to Pace then I am going to cancel my order asap and exercise the deposit refund option. I am not having anything to do with or support this kind of person. Please someone PM and confirm if Damage is correct.

Disgraceful......
Hail427 likes this.

Last edited by albanycobra; 04-24-2015 at 05:16 PM..
Old 04-24-2015, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What??

Ashley a "supplier to pace"??.....WTF

This is the usual poisonous trouble making crap that gets posted by certain individuals,with an axe to grind .

Ash sold pace about 6 sets of acrylic wind wings,sometime before I started there 6 months ago...and there's still some on the shelf.

He is a good friend of mine and Craig's,but that has zero to do with this post.

It was started without the knowledge of myself or Craig...and Ash ,like everyone else,can express his opinion ....it's an OPEN FORUM.

I think Ash was referring to some comments made on the Pace owners forum,that might cause us some problems.

David...I don't see that you were being referred to...i assume Ash was just reacting to some comments made. On another forum,that might have been a bit over the top.

I've really done my best to address these in my post earlier...and really hate that this turns into anything nasty....we can satisfy everyone's needs directly,rather than on this forum,where people with no interest in the matter might like to stir it up.

You know...the kids at school that had nothing to do with an argument,but would start the "Fight Fight Fight" chant...lol

Damage wants another 15 minutes of fame,and as soon as there's a drop of blood in the water...he shows up.

FFS ....can we all just calm down....I don't understand the need to keep this going.

Thanks,
Warren

Last edited by Wazza; 04-24-2015 at 06:16 PM..
Old 04-24-2015, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHhe I didn't start the thread and for someone not trying to hide anything your pretty defensive.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Like I said !
Tonus72 likes this.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
just come back from Dawn service it makes you appreciate what was sacrificed for the future generations . makes things like cars seem a bit trivial in the scheme of things .
lest we forget
Well said Dean....
I agree.
Watching the old film clips of those poor kids going off to WW1...
What a horrible time that must have been....
I wonder what they'd think of us ( me) getting upset over such things.
I don't think they'd understand.
I'm out.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hang on ....Let me get this straight.

Damage owns a Kirkham which he ordered direct from Kirkham but which came through Pace as Pace was appointed the agent for Kirkham.(at the time).

Damage spent over a reported $200,000 in purchasing his Kirkham.

Doesn't that make Damage a Pace client to whom Wazza has declared "world class" support?.

But Wazza now claims Damage has an "Agenda" and Wazza doesn't want to talk to him.

Truly staggering ......

Some-one else made the comment ..... It's not about the Pace product .... It's all about what has been said by Wazza.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Happy to talk to you in person, and help you get all the facts straight....Rebel
But I doubt that will happen.

Last edited by Wazza; 04-24-2015 at 07:11 PM..
Old 04-24-2015, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When things get to this point I always like to adopt the "100 years" approach, where you ask yourself "See all these things that people are getting hot under the collar about (in this thread for instance), well in 100 years' time, who'll care?" Who'll care if great grand-dad's windscreen arrived a month later than originally promised way back in 2015? Who'll give a rat's?

I have nothing to do directly with Pace or Craig. I'm just on the sidelines admiring a guy for having a go. I'd love a Pace but circumstances decree that won't happen. The product is undoubtedly good, as a few others have noted in this thread, but any new(ish) enterprise is bound to have teething problems. In this case the supply of parts has been problematic, as have been some unforeseen build difficulties which have only come to light in real world situations but are now in the process of being speedily rectified. Additionally as Wazza has said, a lot of time is being spent keeping up with constant enquiries from buyers who have laid their deposit down and rightly want to know how their much anticipated new car is coming along. Craig has tried to address the communication problem by taking Wazza on board (a guy who we all know is a dab hand in the communication business!) but perhaps he now needs to establish a full blown call centre to cope with the traffic! Or magically produce a dozen or more highly competent and professional workshop staff.

I think Pace are in part a victim of their own success. Everyone wants one and skilled craftsmen are thin on the ground. Having developed and produced a first rate product, Craig understandably refuses to take short cuts or compromise on quality. And finally, there are only twentyfour hours in a day, so the more time spent on the phone or on emails, the less time there is available for productive work.

I'd hate to see Craig suffer a stress-related health problem as a result of trying to be all things to all people. I do sympathise with those guys who are having the thrill of getting stuck into their build delayed by situations largely beyond Craig's control, but I'm sure that once the company gets over the hump of the initial rush of orders and settles down into a steady improved production routine and has the timely arrival of parts sorted, wait times will be reduced dramatically.

In 100 years' time, if we haven't been overrun by crazies from the Middle East or some giant super-industrialized Asian nation, I'd like to think that my great great grandson would be able to go along with his dad to pick up their new Pace and look up at the old photo of Craig and Lee in pride of place in their Gold Coast showroom. Something like that is worth caring about.
TUF-427, Wazza, Kimbo and 5 others like this.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rog246 likes this.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donunder View Post
I'd like to think that my great great grandson would be able to go along with his dad to pick up their new Pace.....
'Cept he'll most likely be picking up an electric-powered Pace Cobra that will levitate without the need for wheels! 😉
Old 04-25-2015, 03:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donunder View Post
In 100 years' time...I'd like to think that my great great grandson would be able to...
...start a thread on a forum titled"It all started with a gas cap - the rebuild of my G G Granddad's 136 year old Arntz".
Old 04-25-2015, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Happy to talk to you in person, and help you get all the facts straight....Rebel
And after you've been to Wazza and got the facts drop round and I'm happy to show you the truth complete with all the emails and bank deposit slips etcetera etc

Wazza you didn't even work for Craig at he time you were nothing but his bridesmaid how the hell would you even have a half a clue, to pretend differently makes you nothing but a liar.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Damage,
Bridesmaid?....liar??...
Weak b....
This is a load of rubbish... for gods sake...don't start again.

But Wazza now claims Damage has an "Agenda" and Wazza doesn't want to talk to him.
Truly staggering.....

Yeah...Rebel.....what was I thinking !!?

I think it Is about time the moderators talked to you again David....

Last edited by Wazza; 04-25-2015 at 02:14 PM..
Old 04-25-2015, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Wazza, I very much doubt it would be productive for me to discuss why your relationship with Damage went pear shaped.

Frankly. I am offended that you would be willing to discuss with me the very private transactional issues between Pace as the trader and that of your client.

What remains relevant is that Damage is/was a client of Pace, and his dealing should be treated as strictly private by Pace and by you as an employee of Pace at all times, irrespective of your interpretation of the issues.

In any case, given our past debates, given your conduct in this thread, given your “gift of the gab”, and on the balance of probabilities, I very much doubt I would accept your interpretation.

Last edited by Rebel1; 04-25-2015 at 05:50 PM..
Closed Thread