Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree155Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2015, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure the intent of the thread was for us to be grateful of the sacrifices of others. Come on blokes, lets all start acting like professionals and keep our private laundry to ourselves. This is all a distraction from the fact that a long time ago a lot of people made hard choices and paid the highest price so that we don't have to. Let's not forget them and let's be grateful that they did.
Gav and Towmaster like this.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

I DON'T want to discuss anything to do with a client...or Damage...You just seem to think you can blurt out a whole pile of crappy comments...and he can call me offensive names...I just wish you two would grow up...and get off the forum.

Mate...I agree.....I'll try to keep my responses less "gabby"

Two words....

one of them is "OFF".
Old 04-25-2015, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure the intent of the thread was for us to be grateful of the sacrifices of others. Come on blokes, lets all start acting like professionals and keep our private laundry to ourselves. This is all a distraction from the fact that a long time ago a lot of people made hard choices and paid the highest price so that we don't have to. Let's not forget them and let's be grateful that they did.
I say BS Treeve....It was a rant against Pace Owners finished with a Lest we forget at the end. Make all the excuses you like but this thread is an attack on Pace Builders and previous Customers. Not a give thanks to those that served....
Zacson likes this.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
I say BS Treeve....It was a rant against Pace Owners finished with a Lest we forget at the end. Make all the excuses you like but this thread is an attack on Pace Builders and previous Customers. Not a give thanks to those that served....
My thoughts exactly and the only reason I bothered to comment about it!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mmmm

My wife's new Mercedes AMG ordered at Mercedes Geelong in the first week of June 2014 and delivered on the 17th of April 2015.

The largest German manufacturer.

Two calls to our sales person at Geelong Mercedes during the 10 month wait process resulted in follow up calls stating our current position in the build process.

Guess waiting is normal when you want something that is one off and manufactured exclusively for you.
Gav, dc7531 and Towmaster like this.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-25-2015, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 SSL
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post

Guess waiting is normal when you want something that is one off and manufactured exclusively for you.
The non Pace builders are missing the point here......we are (in the main) happy to wait for our cars. We understand that they are hand made and it takes time......and suppliers are sometimes tardy.......and things happen.
We just want improved communication and feedback......even if it's bad news.
boxhead, Cobra01, Hail427 and 1 others like this.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by messy View Post
The non Pace builders are missing the point here......we are (in the main) happy to wait for our cars. We understand that they are hand made and it takes time......and suppliers are sometimes tardy.......and things happen.
We just want improved communication and feedback......even if it's bad news.
You took the words out of my mouth!
Hail427 likes this.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Maybe Pace should employ a junior or trainee, whose role is ONLY to provide daily to weekly updates via email, photographs and phone calls to waiting clients. This would be a way to free up Craig and Warren's time and give the clients a contact point who chase up all concerns, pictures and updates.

This would fix the majority of concerns that have been raised here with Pace and take some pressure of them so they can concentrate on what they do best - building cars

Just a thought......

I, like many others, have identified that the Pace product is the one to have if building a car. However I have ruled out a Pace build at this time due to the numerous client concerns here which all centre around the one issue of communication once you have dropped the $$$ for a build.

I have decided that the easier and safer option at this time is to buy a good example.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I suggested quite a while ago that they send out a generic fortnightly/monthly email to all current Pace owners with an update on how the company and parts are progressing.

I know this would keep myself(and angry wife) off their back!
deano59, Paintwerks, messy and 1 others like this.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 SSL
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacson View Post
I suggested quite a while ago that they send out a generic fortnightly/monthly email to all current Pace owners with an update on how the company and parts are progressing.

Perfect!
Hail427 likes this.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Jaysus! Comparing a Cobra purchase/build to what happened 100 years ago at the hands of the Turks? I'm Armenian...

Ok, let's everyone have a brew or six and relax.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

I was obviously somewhat naive but it appears that Craig has decided not to recommend my service to his customers after previously discussing this with him. So I'll not make any further comments on pace products or services as I wouldn't be the person who has to sign off on them.
boxhead likes this.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 (#53) , LS3, TR6060
Not Ranked     

Just came back from the march.........What'd I miss........
Old 04-26-2015, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: v10 ford
Not Ranked     

Not much!
Old 04-26-2015, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

I love playing with cars and always look for the positive in dealing with suppliers or trades, these are my guidelines to avoid disappointment

1. If you are quoted 1 day that really means a week
2. If you are quoted 1 week that really means a month
3. If you are quoted 1 month that really means a year
4. If you are quoted a year.You are never going to get it.

Being stuffed around by the supplier, getting parts that don't fit is all part of the fun, have your say Pace assembler community don't be afraid it will just make the day it's finished a little more sweater.

If you though it was supposed to be easy, then you should have bought an AMG Merc...............hahaha sorry Bernie just couldn't resist.

Connolly Leather..........just had to say that

Peace and love from an old school cobra builder

Phil
Old 04-26-2015, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
Mmmm

My wife's new Mercedes AMG ordered at Mercedes Geelong in the first week of June 2014 and delivered on the 17th of April 2015.

The largest German manufacturer.

Two calls to our sales person at Geelong Mercedes during the 10 month wait process resulted in follow up calls stating our current position in the build process.

Bet you got every thing that was on your comprehensive list though Bernie, and did AMG tell you they don't make money on their cars and suppliers can't supply parts and sorry some parts are defective so we sent them back.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacson View Post

I thought that Wazza was dragged out of retirement for exactly this, seem to remember him writing his own references about how awesome he was going to be at it.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wish Jamo could send me a big red pen that I could use to rule off this thread.
Tonus72 and Cobra01 like this.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

This sort of crap is one of the reason myself and others don't post much on CC any more. The constant bickering is killing this forum guys. There haven't been many threads lately that haven't dissolved into some slanging match about an unrelated topic.

I just get on to check the interesting threads about Slowy's RMC or Leroy's Arntz rebuilds these days.

Pace is a new company that has blown up very quickly. Like any organization there are going to be some growing pains. I've got no investment here apart from chatting with some of the folks involved over the years and a factory visit.

We are in the communications age and it sounds like there have been some communications issues. Perhaps ranting all over every ones threads a forum is not the best way to handle it. Maybe we need a Pace sub forum or just one thread where you can all discuss delivery dates or issues etc.

Or perhaps Waz could take a weekly snap shot of each build and post it in the thread. That way owners could see there cars come together in the factory and see progress being made. Non pace customers on the forum get some engineering eye candy to look at.

I work in the comms industry and regularly help out with tech support. Problems can often be complex or intermittent or difficult to fix. Often Customers just knowing something is happening with their issue is enough to keep them happy. That's why we put issue tracking systems in place where customers can track the progress of their issue.

The forum here is a great tool for updates and keeping in touch with customers. If you are going to use it for that purpose it just needs just needs some systems and guidelines in place to help it work for you. There are lots of ways to do it with the forum structure as it stands. It just needs a bit of thought. Happy to discuss with you if you want.

Cheers
deano59, boxhead, Tenrocca and 7 others like this.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

...and with that.