Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree11Likes
  • 11 Post By harasn

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2015, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Quick intro and thanks to those who attended the 2015 Alpine run

Hi all, Just a quick intro and thanks to those who attended the 2015 Alpine run. I am a mechanic that lives in Geelong, Victoria and it looks like I will be building a Cobra in the future! I have been happily married for almost 20 years and pretty much asked my wife if she likes any modified car we have seen, which up untill now she has not! We happened to be in Bright as you guys were leaving the river front and she actually said she like the Cobra's! She even agreed to have her photo taken next to one! She even liked the sound of them running and that has never happened either! So THANK YOU all!!!!! So I have been wondering this forum since and have lots of thoughts and questions, but I will leave them for now! THANKS again guys!
deano59, guye, mate and 8 others like this.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Your wife sounds like she's a keeper. Lol.
Welcome and enjoy your cobra chase.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

haha! Yeh she is! thanks!!!

So many manufacturers of the Cobra! Here and overseas.

I like the idea of custom suspension, rather than Jaguar or mustang stuff, but then I wonder how you go later down the track if you have an accident and bend a suspension arm etc. You would hope your supplier is still around, but you never know what the future holds!

Just build what I like most I guess!

My boss has an RCM built cobra that he was able to build reasonably cheap, but that was 20 years ago, I better spend time time looking that over to get more of an idea of what I want! So many ideas running through my brain. I think the internet makes this sort of thing easier to find out about, but harder to decide on due to the huge amount of information and kits around!
Old 05-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

I think there are a couple of Vic Club members doing builds down your way Harasn

Why not come to a club meet, get in touch with a few and you'll probably score a tutorial
(work on a build)

You'll also get the chance to meet local suppliers and experienced builders.

Club site is here - first Wednesday of the month

Hope to see you soon

LB
Old 05-10-2015, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Welcome harasn. Enjoy the journey.

And definitely come and meet us at the next club meeting. There are definitely club members from Geelong that drive up regularly for the meets, so I'm sure you could car pool too!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

first up welcome to the forum
there is a wealth of knowledge in reading threads ive lost hours in reading on here . most of the blokes are great on here and feel free to ask questions someone will know the answer .
but now you have he cobra bug it's with you for life its been 16 yrs since i sold my last one and perused other interest but i keep coming back to the cobra i think my join date on here is 2001 lol.
then comes the choice do you buy or build there are some lovely cars for sale most of the time cheaper than you would build one for in most cases . but building you get too choose what you want to go into the car . ah decisions decision decision lol/\.
join your local club that along will put you in contact with a wealth of resources .

good on the wife for getting involved it makes it easier lol mine supports me in everything thing i do from motor racing to the cobra bug but i have a feeling it's going to cost me a kitchen upgrade soon :-)
cheers dean
Old 05-12-2015, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will check out the club as would be a good way to meet some like minded people, learn about the Cobra. Just need to finish off repairing a 2014 Subaru Forester I bought for my daughter who just got her learners today! So many things to do! I will be building one from a kit as more than happy to get a bit dirty, and I have a son who will gladly come out to the garage to work on the car with me! I have been sifting through the forum and reading heaps, My wife keeps asking what I am doing? Just on the Cobra forum again" haha!! All good fun!!!!
Old 05-12-2015, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427S, Coyote Aluminator
Not Ranked     

Welcome Harasn,
There are two club member over here in Newtown so just make contact and we are more than happy to spend some time with you and as Guye said car pooling to the meetings is the go.