Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2016, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

I had the same thoughts Matty....he had a great life,a great family...and went out with class..nice man,will be sadly missed.
750hp, mate and albanycobra like this.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, Chassis #2
Not Ranked     

Glad to here service went well. Brad was one of the 1st QLD Cobra Club members I met when I joined a few years ago. As many have already stated, Brad was always up for a chat and he made me feel very welcome as the 'new guy' to the club. Was a very nice bloke and I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet him. He obviously touched many people over the years. Will be a void when we head to future Cobra Club breakfasts from Brisbane and don't stop to meet up with Brad and continue on to Hope Island......will be thinking of him. Glad that Brad was able to live his Cobra dream. RIP Brad........
750hp, mate, Wazza and 1 others like this.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's a weird old saying, but it's true--- it's a shame you can't be there for your own funeral.

Brad would have been happy , but not unduly surprised I'm sure, at the number of people who turned up to celebrate his life and to give him the kind of send-off he would have appreciated.

The chapel overflowed. Brad's wife Margaret was the symbol of stoic acceptance, having seen her man fight the good fight against a foe that proved ultimately unstoppable. His beautiful daughters Louise and Toni gave a joint heartfelt account of their lives growing up with an obviously loved and well respected dad.

Back at Brad's impressive home high on a hill overlooking the waters of Moreton Bay, Margaret welcomed us all. We weren't mourners in the true sense because rather than dwell on the sadness of the day we chose to reflect on the happy and fulfilling life Brad had led, to remember with affection his constant smile and always upbeat demeanour and to count ourselves fortunate that we had had the opportunity to know him.

It was a fitting end to what had been a lovely day. How can you call a funeral lovely? And how can you be so happy on a day when at times you're on the verge of tears and you're saying farewell to such a great bloke? Well when you see such a good roll-up of his Cobra club mates indicating the high esteem in which he was held, and when you see that his daughter Louise has pretty much taken possession of his terrific car, and when you see that the family is determined to retain its links with the club, and when the final musical refrain as we were leaving the chapel was "Hey Little Cobra" by the Ripchords -- well it's kind of hard not to be....

It's been said a thousand times, but RIP Brad. We'll miss you.
750hp, boxhead, mate and 9 others like this.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Well said Craig...Nice words mate.

I'll add quickly...
Toni and Louise drove Brad's Cobra home from the service, back to the house for the wake.
On the way , self confessed "Ratbag Daughter" Toni (Her words...not mine )..., who was driving, went through a speed camera.
She gave it a boot full, and explained later..."The car is still in Dad's name...and he was nearly out of points ".
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....classic !

Brad would've pissed himself laughing.

I've just added the girl's e-mail addresses to the club's mailing list....
we'll keep them in the "family"

Cheers,
Warren Boylan,
Club Pres.,
Cobra Car Club of Queensland.
boxhead, BJ's Snake, mate and 10 others like this.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Well said Craig...Nice words mate.
Not me Waz; that was the older grey-haired version of me..!

Jim, on the way down to breakfast last weekend we turned off at the Hyperdome and did a slow run past where Brad would normally be waiting. Shortly afterwards I realised how salty tears are when they dry out doing 100kmh down the freeway.
boxhead, Tenrocca, Wazza and 1 others like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: