Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2016, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Its crap considering they say on their own website that ICVs will comply if they meet VSB14 or VSCCS Bulletin 2!
Old 03-27-2016, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

G'day Liam,

Where does it say it on their website?

Treeve
Old 03-27-2016, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When I just re read it, it doesn't specifically say ICVs, but it just says if your vehicle..

Modified and non-standard vehicles - Get a NSW registration - Registration - Roads - Roads and Maritime Services

Standards

Vehicles need to comply with the Australian Design Rules and Schedule 2 of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 2007.

If your vehicle complies with the standards explained in Vehicle Standards Bulletin 6 or Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14, you can be confident that it complies with applicable vehicle standards, pending certification. There are alternative methods of proving compliance, as explained in VSCCS Bulletin 2.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What a can or worms.. is there an engineer advice based on the current requirements in NSW..? What does the engineer for your build advise..?

The dash warning light can illuminate or flash, for a set period (20-30s as I recall) from when the ignition is tuned on. The seat belt contacts are not a requirement.

We got enough to do without making the simple stuff complicated..

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 03-28-2016, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Engineer advises its a requirement.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk4 Roadster, LS3, TR6060, 8 3/4"
Not Ranked     

Hmmm - sounds like y'all should move to WA and drive your cobras with the blessing of our DOT. Wow, cannot believe I actually said that, go the WA DOT!
Old 03-29-2016, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Engineer advises its a requirement.
What were the specifics.. flashing or illuminated symbol, triggered from ignition or acc position, lit for how long, in what size DIN symbol, located where... these are the things the Engineer should confirm for you, rather than send you on a goose chase for information.

If they direct you to the ADR's then he/she is being lazy IMHO.. is what we engage them for, to share their knowledge of the requirements to ensure the build is efficiently completed, as safe and compliant as possible and viable for registration in the designated State or Territory.

Chris
Gav likes this.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 03-29-2016, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There's no goose chase, it's what's in the ADR for a level 2 warning. My intention with this post was to find out how people have been addressing it, but it appears no one has had to yet.

My engineer is very helpful thank you.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi Zedn.. Good to hear your engineer has been assisting you.. did he have a solution he's used or seen before..?

As is said briefly earlier, a relay timer board, energised from the ignition circuit would do it.. Id be very surprised if ebay or Jaycar couldnt sort you out for less than $20.

Cheers

Chris

Old 03-31-2016, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Concur States make up their own requirements.

If I recall rightly, in Victoria 10 years ago, I had to simply have a seat belt warning light illuminate for a period of time at ignition on.

Had no relation as to whether it was a warning to the driver, passenger or both. And had no cancellation process is a belt was connected.

It was simply a timed warning light circa 15-20 seconds I think.

If you can, interpret the regs. and get an engineer's advice.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
There's no goose chase, it's what's in the ADR for a level 2 warning.
I believe there is a goose to chase. When a new ADR comes out, it is not automatically adopted for ICV's.

Has RMS confirmed in writing to your engineer that ADR 4/05 is required for ICV's? If so, when was it adopted and what sections of 4/05 are required? No other states I know of have adopted ADR 4/05 for ICV's. 4/05 has been around for a while, so states have had plenty of time to adopt it if they wanted. I also don't know of a NSW ICV that has been required to meet ADR 4/05, this is the first I have heard of it.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well it's not in writing to me, but one if the questions asked by the RMS of me today during my application for additional categories was: what ADRs apply to seats and seatbelts?

The answer that they accepted was 4/05 for new builds.

As to automatically needing to comply, the RMS position was that as mass manufactured vehicles now need to comply with this, so do ICVs. Nothing to do with them saying "we'll now do this", but to do with the applicability tables and the dates therein for category MA vehicles.

Treeve
Old 04-01-2016, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

So what happened in the early days when they used a Crown chassis. Was it just the crown chassis that was certified or did you just keep using the crown rego and stuck a Cobra body on it, no more to do?
JD
Old 04-04-2016, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What happened in the early days is not applicable to what happens now.

These days it would be an extensively modified vehicle, and the appropriate procedures would need to be followed.

Treeve
Zedn and renovationinnov like this.