Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   ICCARS ICC-001 Cobra build (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/136537-iccars-icc-001-cobra-build.html)

ICCARS 05-18-2016 11:15 PM

ICCARS ICC-001 Cobra build

4 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I would like to share my Cobra replica build ICCARS 001

This is where it all started for my personal build and my drive to turn the passion I have for these wonderful cars into a business.

Thanks
Wil

ICCARS 05-18-2016 11:21 PM

Iccars icc-001

4 Attachment(s)
A few things have changed since I first started this build/Project - as they do!

ICCARS 05-18-2016 11:27 PM

Iccars icc-001

4 Attachment(s)
Happily building away being watched very closely by Sammy the site supervisor..:LOL:

ICCARS 05-18-2016 11:40 PM

Iccars icc-001

4 Attachment(s)
Working out the suspension set up was good for the brain.. All fully sorted now and works great.

ICCARS 05-19-2016 06:05 AM

Iccars icc-001

4 Attachment(s)
Some more recent photos, but still have a bit to do on her to get it finished..
Not to confuse the situation I should explain that my own personal car has what I believe is a very old G-Force body, the ones they were putting on to Toyota Crown chassis (I believe).. But the ICCARS bodies are based on the Arntz style of body, albeit that the ICCARS bodies have been made more symmetrical to suit the chassis and to match both front wheel arches as they were out by 40mm from side to side..

albanycobra 05-19-2016 07:18 AM

I really like the BRM type wheel on a Cobra, first car I saw like that was the late Brad knowleson (hope I spelt that right) Pace Cobra and it looked awesome....I'm to pure to go there myself....lol, might start wearing all white....

Millsy 05-19-2016 08:23 AM

Whats up with the bird? Pet or was he just visiting, cool pics.

ICCARS 05-19-2016 02:17 PM

I agree Dave, I like them better on my Cobra than on my GT40, I personally think Halibrands are better suited to a GT40; unless that GT40 happens to be 1075 that looks great with big deep dish BRM's

That Magpie was rescued by my wife and ended up becoming part of our family - She was the most protective animal we had on our property, put the dogs to shame.. :)

ICCARS 05-19-2016 02:30 PM

Iccars icc-001

3 Attachment(s)
A few more chassis based photos

David Hodgson 05-19-2016 02:36 PM

Hi Wil, it's always good to see a fresh offering in the community, I hope it goes well for you.

Regards your personal build being a G-force body, my take is possibly not. While it has fully longitudinal plug seams, my G-Force body from '91 has raised mouldings for front indicators, narrower hood scoop , different shape front flares and from what I can see, trailing edge of rear flares as well, different profile moulded lip around eng bay opening, rolled front and rear edges on cockpit.
G-Force could have had a completely different body prior to mine, however most seem to evolve in their improvements.

What front end components are you using in those pics?

Cheers

ICCARS 05-19-2016 04:08 PM

Hi David, thank you for your feedback, I hope it goes well just so I can give up my consulting work and concentrate on building these kits full time.

The guy I bought this body off some 8 years ago was sure it came from W.A. but what manufacturer it was from I am not entirely sure.

The front suspension set up is off an RX7 SD3FS twin turbo - runs the same PCD as the rear Nissan cradle so the wheels are 114.3 or Ford stud pattern.
I liked the whole forged aluminium wishbones look and when you see them on the car the lower arms look a bit racey.. They work really well and balance out the improved handling characteristics of the Nissan rear cradle, so a good match from my point of view.

Cheers
Wil

spookypt 05-19-2016 05:16 PM

Very cool ICCARS logo built into frame too I see. Bolt mounted rear cradle on the skyline rear end too.. Now that part isn't Harrisonesk from memory.

albanycobra 05-19-2016 05:23 PM

Your body looks like this old one. I bought this fibreglass body must of been 15 years ago or so. There was a run of bodies built by a Guy in Jurien Bay.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...63000_0491.jpg

ICCARS 05-19-2016 11:03 PM

That's the one Dave, now I have the full picture on my car.
I don't mind the look of it either as the body is a little lower in the vertical section and a little wider in width. When I got the copied Arntz bodies off a guy in Victoria I had to change the chassis jig to suit it...
Cheers for that information mate.
Wil

ICCARS 05-19-2016 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1391924)
Very cool ICCARS logo built into frame too I see. Bolt mounted rear cradle on the skyline rear end too.. Now that part isn't Harrisonesk from memory.

Hey Spook, I have one in the back brace plate also.. :) Photo attached

As for the Harrison's kit I am guessing that if it was not bolted then he must have welded the cradle in place? As you will see on the photo I run additional lower mounting plates off of the brace plate, this is to reduce/stop any rotational forces the cradle may induce on the chassis and mounting bolts when accelerating hard and the wheels are biting into the ground.. Haha

Wil

Modena 05-20-2016 02:02 AM

Please tell us about what looks like a 40 in this pic????

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...d-img_1377.jpg

ICCARS 05-20-2016 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena (Post 1391958)
Please tell us about what looks like a 40 in this pic????

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...d-img_1377.jpg

That's another project I'm working on part time. I have scratch built the chassis and now I need to start on the suspension!!
Can't have too many projects..:)

ICCARS 05-20-2016 07:36 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This is GT40 #1 & #2
#2 is/was/might be my race car..
#1 is RF 098 and runs a Roush/Dart 5.0L Windsor with twin GT35 turbos running 6psi of boost. It goes well..

Modena 05-20-2016 04:12 PM

great stuff. What body is the Gulf one? RF?

albanycobra 05-20-2016 09:25 PM

I have 40 envy....Lol....