Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Been a while since an update - the fibreglasser has been a real PITA with his timeframes - I've learnt to double his estimate and add another 3 weeks.

Anyway, the first top came out of the mould last week, although it is a special one that is going to me modified for a buck.

First production one should be done in a couple of weeks. I'll try and get in touch with everyone who has expressed an interest, but if you dont hear from me or are newly interested, send me a message.

I got mine back from the fibreglasser 2 days before the nats, so it was a real rush job to get it finished in time.

Here it is with the magic aluminium mix sprayed on:

Starting to sand:

Still going, wet sanding:

All done:

At Nats 2 days after getting it back - thats was hard work!:

guye, BJ's Snake, 1985 CCX and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Tenrocca; 10-30-2017 at 10:05 PM..
Old 10-30-2017, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #73 with an L76 6 litre CHEV, T56, 6SPEED,R32 Rear end.
Not Ranked     

Looks great Andrew.
I see the Nationals organising committee is seriously looking at a class 7 A next year.
"A" for Aero advantage. :-)
Gav likes this.

Last edited by schipps; 11-01-2017 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: wrong
Old 04-28-2018, 12:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

First hardtop out of the mold. Was flopped off my top which is on a classic revival. Would require mods for most (all?) other makes. Ill likely remove the naca ducts from the mould (depending on feedback), but they are easy to glass in later if you like. Top is about 3-4mm thick and weighs about 10-12kg. Ill supply a template for the rear window. Let me know if your interested. Im in Sydney (Camden) and your welcome to come out for a trial fit.

boxhead, LoBelly, Gav and 3 others like this.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi All,

Im selling my original hardtop. I have offloaded the mold, but before I did took one last copy to make myself another (that Im modifying a bit) and no longer need the original.

This was one of the original tops Gav, Phil and I got from Bruce Chervanak (Mr Bruce) many years ago. Modified and fitted to a Classic revival. For CR owners, my windscreen measurement is 1035 from the outer edge of screen to the top of the tunnel at rear bulkhead.

Will come with side windows (6mm plexi that attach to the wind wing hinges – hinges not included) all pinch weld around windows, hatch and where body meets the top, rear window, t bolts for windscreen, handle and latch fittings etc. Does not include body ferrules. Read back through this thread for details.

Finished in my classic cement paint scheme – would just need a block sand prime and paint to finish off to match your car. Like most projects, I never fully finished it to the final standard as I always seemed to run out of time before a nationals (and then never revisit). I will include an additional hatch outer skin (in gelcoat) if you want to modify the hatch setup - if I was doing it again I would dispense with the steel frame and just glass in some core mat for extra strength.

FAQ's - No I wont fit it to your car - your welcome to come and try it on for size though.

Looking for $2000 ono.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

i wish i was closer to see how well it would fit on a pace.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pretty good fit on a Pace.

deano59 and mudbrick like this.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Price drop to $1500. Final price drop or Ill hang onto it. No offers. No holds. No shipping.

Last edited by Tenrocca; 08-22-2019 at 08:18 PM..
Old 08-26-2019, 12:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sold..thanks
Old 04-06-2020, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

Hi Andy
Where did you get the rear hatch lock/handle assy from? Do you have a p/n?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Been a while since an update - the fibreglasser has been a real PITA with his timeframes - I've learnt to double his estimate and add another 3 weeks.

Anyway, the first top came out of the mould last week, although it is a special one that is going to me modified for a buck.

First production one should be done in a couple of weeks. I'll try and get in touch with everyone who has expressed an interest, but if you dont hear from me or are newly interested, send me a message.

I got mine back from the fibreglasser 2 days before the nats, so it was a real rush job to get it finished in time.

Here it is with the magic aluminium mix sprayed on:

Starting to sand:

Still going, wet sanding:

All done:

At Nats 2 days after getting it back - thats was hard work!:

I like your tires....what are they please?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
I like your tires....what are they please?
I also like your rear view mirrors.....what are they please?