Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

Well---------You adjust the valve by pushrod length and/or retainer/lash caps------Bore spacing is different, and manifolds available are compatable just for NASCAr deck heights without spacers or hand fabbing something. Funny that rocker covers are available but super expensive also--------oil control to top is very specific and well engineered, coolant flow control outta sight-------Can't wait to get project done--probably will use at Bonneville Salt
joyridin' likes this.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #260 w/ 347 stroker, Canfield 195 cc heads, prosystems carb on a VicJr, Comp roller cam
Not Ranked     

Good threads...I think everyone should know that more CID is going to make more torque...and torque is what moves you!
Like the aussie head video!
My two cents
*push rod engines 2 valve engine = lower RPM...need more CID
*overhead cam hemi chamber 4 valve = higher rpms...less CID
*HP is directly related to the amount of money you want or have to spend...Ford, Chevy, Ponco, or Brigg&Straton
*no substitution for "Cubic Inches"...real or boosted CID
*as an engineer you alway try to improve on a design...not just copying or steal a designs. Now, we are talking about production engine that are driven by a cost factors, EPA rules and the corporate goals.
Bottom line on cammer vs push rod...what sound do you like! either will make enought power!
However...IMHO, if you want a Chevy engine...get a Cheetah! Cheetah Evolution It was the Chevy's guy awnser to the Cobra.
BDR#260...21.6K miles logged as of 4/2018
www.motorheadsohio.com We are an engine machine shop, specializing in crankshafts!
47 years of doing business an going strong! stop on by for a personal tour of the shop
Old 07-30-2016, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco View Post
IMHO, if you want a Chevy engine...get a Cheetah! [/i][/b]Cheetah Evolution It was the Chevy's guy awnser to the Cobra.
Oh boy... Can of worms number TWO has just been opened....
Rog246 likes this.