Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Coca Cola Cobra

Hi all,
Im after some information on the CC promo cars as a friend of mine is considering selling his soon & I recently learnt it is one of these 12(?) low volume models.
All I can find on them so far is there were around 12 vehicles that were given away through a competition in '95, put together by Sydney's Snake Pit, had full compliance & ran an EFI 5L, T5 & 9" diff.
I'm by no means an expert & would love to learn what i'm sure is an interesting story behind these rare beasts. Any facts or tales from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. I've never previously given this particular car much attention as it's rarely seen (has a genuine 6k on the clock) but this makes it a bit more special than the kit cars seen around at local shows....
Cheers,
Steve
Old 08-23-2016, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Coca Cola Cobra`s

Might help.

Cheers,
Warren
Old 10-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Anyone on here got one of these things? Not looking to start a **** storm, but I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on desirability & value....
Old 10-17-2016, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They have LVC rather than ICV but apart from that and their original providence the rest is about the same same I guess. There's a bit of conversation on this forum here and there about them. Call George at Python and he will give you the heads up. Nice fella.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

As Spooky mentioned they have Low Volume Compliance which means you can transfer rego easily from state to state, making them somewhat desirable as this exercise is normally a PITA and sometimes costs someone a sale.
On the down side, they are a series 1 DRB which are really showing their age now. A guy here has one and the paint etc is really suffering (blistering etc), however they have good bones and like any classic production vehicle, can be restored or maintained to respectable level. They run easily obtainable spares; Torana front and rear ends, efi Windsor and I think T5 g/box.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cheers fellas
Old 10-17-2016, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

I wouldn't think the "rarity" of the LVC or the Coke connection would make any difference to sale prices. Like others have said, it would be a matter of weighing up the relative merits of an early DRB with any other Cobra on the market.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python ford 302 ho, 4 speed toploader, jag irs 3.54
Not Ranked     

A couple have passed through shannons over the years

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...A6B8EDOKUE852/

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...AC3EDKA5P7YB2/

If you go to the club section, there are a few current owners that have pictures up.

Last edited by dhs.buckley; 10-17-2016 at 07:43 PM..
Old 10-19-2016, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

I looked at that car in the 2nd Shannons auction and wasn't impressed. I've got a 1995 DRB and its a much better car than the coke car I saw in the auction. Mine's also registered as a Snake pit. I've heard but dont know if its true that some of the front end components in the Coke cars were from 6 cylinder Torana models.