Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2015, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default DAYTONA Sports Car Upgrades/improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpnt View Post
Look forward to the resolution and as an fyi, last Saturday I caught up with the owner of the ex Tim Hendy DSC which has a 7 litre monster in it. We went for a blast in mine and then his and what a difference those cubes make. Suffice to say I came away drooling and now that the TH car is painted, it looks as good as it goes.
Serpnt, I was starting to get the guilt's about hijacking Mikes thread so I thought I'd start our own so we can add our stuff to a dedicated topic.

Yes, the ex Tim Hendy Car has quite a history. Sadly no longer with the Hollinger. I also understand before it was painted it rolled out of its pit garage one day unoccupied at Sandown (?) and had a little collision with another car??? I also understand it is now for sale.

While I haven't driven my car in anger as yet I've been really quite surprised what the blueprinted LS 6ltr can do. Its really quite potent and it'd take some time to get my head around 7ltrs worth of LS7. An easy upgrade I believe as well based on what Richard B tell me. Although I have no current intention of doing anything with the powerplant.

My first modification is the serpentine belt which sucks. I'm really surprised they didn't engineer that a little better. Once that's done I'm doing something with the wheel sizes. IMO the Daytona shape doesn't compliment itself to have a lower profile tyre on the rear. I'm going to put some 280/680 slicks on the rear, 240/640 fronts and do a test to see how it handles on the track and how it sits etc. I need to fill up those rear wheel arches.

After that, I'll look to improving the AC as its also works OK but could be better.

Lots of projects, but so little time with a 2 year old. All good fun though.

Why don't you post some pics and details about your car here too?

For those who aren't aware my car is car number 7. 6 ltr blueprinted chev with twin motec and Hollinger sequential.

Bod and itempany like this.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

By the way, there are 2 other DSC Daytonas residing in QLD. So only the 3 in QLD afaik. The other 2 are owned by the same fellow. Graeme B. He races one in Targa events and the other is his street car. Both Chev powered and Hollinger spec'd.

I spoke to him a while ago and he told me his first car was one of the originals and he had a slight altercation at the Noosa Hill Climb while competing in the Sunshine Coast Rally back in the early 2000's. He sent it back to DCS in Vic for "detailing" and at the same time ordered another one. Why not? So he has 2 in his garage lucky bugger. Lives in Redcliffe on Brisbane's northside and is a super nice fella.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Manufactured by Me, 408 Windsor, TKO600, 3.3 Jag rear
Not Ranked     

Hi Spookypt,

Great idea to move to a new thread and you are right that the Tim Hendy car had a Hollinger sequential which I have been told by the TH car owner that this is now in your car and your ex TKO600 is now in his car.

And again you are right that the car is for sale. If anyone wants to know the details of the car owner, PM me and I will send through.

My car is Chassis number 1 which was one of 2 originally built to do beam testing etc however it appears that only one chassis was required for that so my chassis ended up being built. I have 10" wide wheels all round though they were origianlly 8" and my car cannot take the 12" wide wheels that some of the later cars have unless there is some serious changes to the rear end.

I can understand that you want to fill up the wheel arches as they do appear somewhat slender with the current tyres however the car does seem to hang on pretty well and will be interesting to see what you end up with. I have attached a couple of photos from the Nationals in 2012
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2015, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Great pic. I do remember talking to you about your car at the nats one year!

I keep hearing about the ex tim Hendy car owner saying my car has his gearbox but this isn't correct. My hollinger was a brand new one. I have spoken to hollinger and have a bunch of receipts which were given to me with a heap of other stuff by its original owner. The tko that was removed from it was a tko with albins dog box conversion which I have/had and is now owned by cobra427 and the pretty much brand new tko600 syncro the car started out with that it replaced I also have/had with the bell housing. That tko is now owned by Leroy. So the tim Hendy seq isn't in my car and according to Richard b was refurbed and fitted to another DSC but I don't know what number.

Matt

Last edited by spookypt; 05-27-2015 at 01:42 PM..
Old 06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Manufactured by Me, 408 Windsor, TKO600, 3.3 Jag rear
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the update re sequentail gearboxs. The owner of the the black car (will have to stop calling it the ex TH car) understood from Richard that it was your car the sequential went into but obviously that was a mistake.

On another metter, my TKO600 has problems on the track shifting ie. wont go into select gears and as for drags - forget it. Have discussed this at length with a number of people (some are even experts in this field) and the conclusion is that as I have a standard GM clutch (floating apparently), that is the source of my problems.

Now, having previoulsy upgraded the TKO with teflon synchros and bonze bushes for the change lever - which certainly improved the change, I now have at much expense to the management, purchased a new twin plate organic extreme clutch plate kit. If that doesnt fix it then there is no hope. So its all grease and skinned knuckles this long weekend as removing and installing the TKO is no easy feat as it has 0 clearance anywhere.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

I hope it'll fix it for you, but I have a horrible feeling your 2nd to 3rd change might still be a worry. Under 6000rpm with mine, it shifts beautifully. Over that and I might as well just shift straight from 2nd to 4th...
Old 06-03-2015, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Amazing and sad too.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVPToyoTaY[/ame]
ICCARS likes this.

Last edited by spookypt; 06-03-2015 at 09:03 PM..
Old 06-04-2015, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

was a sad day indeed to lose such a icon to Australian motorsport it didn't matter if you was a hardcore Holden or ford man the effect was still the same .

just how sweet did that daytona sound just awesome what ever happened to that car i heard it was going to be rebuilt but never heard much about it after that .
Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Rebuilt mate.

Brock Daytona Coupe unveiled: Car News | CarsGuide
Old 06-05-2015, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     
Default brock daytona

Unless it has been moved after the closure of the museum here in yeppoon, it should still be suspended on display from the roof and walls of the building. We visited the collection just before it closed probably about 5 years ago. Dc
Old 06-06-2015, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks great on the road, and sounds tough!

Old 06-07-2015, 01:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace 427 SC
Not Ranked     

I have had an amazing day going to the QCC breakfast and listening to the V8's down the Motorway and arriving at the Absolute Pace Factory.

There is no better sound than a bent 8 be it whatever make or model.

V10's too Troy haha.

Another great day and many thanks to the N.S.W. guys and Gals who made the trip from down south to make it a memorable day.

Cheers

Brad

P.S. Spook your Daytona has an amazing sound I just love it.
Tonus72 likes this.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Hi Matt

This one was at Targa this year. I am not sure where it is from.

Cheers

Tony

1985 CCX and kyleb like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G Force 118 Jag Suspension
Not Ranked     

Matt
Good to see and hear your car yesterday.A great hours drive.Your car should always be driven with your lights on IMHO
Jeff
Old 06-07-2015, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Jeff, Tony, Brad and Craig for posting the pic. It was a good morning. Woke at 4am, met you guys via Milton and then onto the breaky. Car went well but needs a few tweaks like most things. I'm glad the forums not audible as I'm deaf now! What is it about me and noisy cars.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     

It must be that the cabin turns into a boom box because cruising beside you the Daytona doesn't sound noisy at all. Sounds tough and aggressive but not what I'd call noisy.

At one point where Craig and you and I were together I could hear Craig's car over both of ours.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What?
Old 06-08-2015, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonus72 View Post
Hi Matt

This one was at Targa this year. I am not sure where it is from.

Cheers

Tony

Tony it's apparently a 2013 car. Drive and co driver Clingeleffer & Rust. Came 13th in their class Google suggests.
I like the wheels and that blue colour too.
1985 CCX likes this.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Was $129K now $115k
2005 DAYTONA COUPE for sale | Trade Unique Cars, Australia

or for $175k
2007 DAYTONA COUPE for sale | Trade Unique Cars, Australia
Old 07-29-2015, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

Just curious, what are the two, forward facing small scoops for on either side of the main center bulge? I like the look, are they functional? My JBL coupe has no scoops. I was considering 2 like the ones in the pic, but turned around backwards to let a little under hood heat out. My cabin gets pretty warm....not sure this would help much, but I do like the looks of those scoops.

Mat