Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SydneyChris
  • 1 Post By SydneyChris
  • 3 Post By PeterAllen

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2016, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default New space frame Coupe from FFR

... quote from the FFR release.

"Introducing the all-new Gen 3 Factory Five Daytona Coupe replica. This third generation car is completely new. There is not a single piece of steel chassis, aluminum panel, or composite body that is shared with the previous gen 1 and gen 2 car! This is effectively an all-new Factory Five design.

After last year’s SEMA Show, we began working on a major revision to our original Type 65 Daytona Coupe. After carefully considering the design goals, Director of R&D Jim Schenck decided he could not meet the goals of increased performance, increased cockpit space, and improved body shape without designing an all-new modern space-frame chassis to replace the vintage round tube chassis. Once we decided on an all-new chassis, we agreed to revise the body from the ground up with a new, improved, more symmetrical, and more aerodynamic shape.

The car has been track tested and carefully developed over the past year addressing many of the requests from customers for improvement over the old car and incorporating forward thinking new changes.

The new car is debuting at SEMA 2016 and production begins January 2017. You can place your order now for dates in January and February. The new car will be priced $1,000 higher and incorporate features and benefits far in excess of the price increase. The current version of the Daytona Coupe will stay in production through year-end and enjoy some significant discounts with our huge SEMA Sale being launched next week!"

Fits drivers up to 6' 2"... the complete kit is $21K US, plus a reasonable list of options..

My reply post...

With a highly modified build in progress that's just a little frustrating..!! lol

Is interesting to see the changes, which are similar to the majority of the mods I did.. including replacing the chassis rail with RHS in the cabin to get that extra 2" of head room and significantly larger footwells. I did toy with the idea of increasing the curvature of the roof lightly but was waiting till I had trimmed seats to make a final call..

The triple V brace in the rear bulkhead and chassis with a horizontal central rib is a nice way to tie the rear end together as is the full frame around the footbox (pic of mine pre the cross braces) and the second (inboard brace) from the firewall / A pillar to the suspension pick up points in conjunction with the droppers to the lower section of the frame in the engine bay add significantly to the torsional rigidity.

FFR.... do you now have beam and torsion test data you can publish.. seeing as how its 7.5 times stronger... would be interesting to see the numbers and the chart..
Attached Images

itempany likes this.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 11-02-2016, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wonder if it passes NHRA rules ?? Say running in the 9s ??? After looking at it I would say it needs the side bars.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 11-02-2016, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

I haven't received mine and its out of date!!!

While I really like what they have done with the rear roof line, I am a big fan of the round tube chassis so are still very happy with my choice.

The new chassis would make a great track car though!