Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2016, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Websites, FB, Chatrooms

First off Jamo if this is not within the interest of your webpage please delete it but I thought I'd start this topic a little like my last one about Aussie manufacturers to help people navigate the who, what, where of the Aussie Cobra WWW.

I'm not a FB person so I pretty much use CC as my main form of information and posting. I have a FB account as some sites I visit need me to be a member to see what they're selling but I don't use my FB account to post or connect as I don't know how and less is more for me when it comes to an online presence. But that said, Im probably more the exception to the rule.

There seems to be a lot happening on FB stuff with a whole lot of closed and open pages people can/cant access unlike websites like CC that seemingly are open to most but perhaps now not used as much as other mediums.

So for anyone who has a page or a www address that's relevant to the Australian Cobra, GT40 and Daytona Owners please post it here for reference.

Cheers Spookypt
Cokey likes this.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
....but I don't use my FB account to post or connect as I don't know how and less is more for me when it comes to an online presence. But that said, Im probably more the exception to the rule.
...add me to your exception to the rule.
I'm convinced FB is evil, and have no intention to go down that rabbit hole.
Rob. Smith likes this.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4o2PDwKdcA[/ame]
boxhead, Tenrocca, Gav and 1 others like this.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Add me to the list, whilst I do not see outright evil, I do feel that it has diminished many people's ability to hold a conversation in person and so on.

Anyway, it's a shame as this is a good forum central area / group for what is in general, a small community.

Imagine if everything was here in the one place, instead of private comments / rooms and so on, perhaps we (the cobra community) can assist builder/enthusiasts/owners with whatever things may be an issue and hang out like a bunch of blokes in a garage, and not like......... Well ........ I won't say girls in a school yard..... But whatever analogy you can think of.

Anyway, what would I know, I am a banker with no trade qualifications rebuilding a 35 year old car in a double garage without even a vice. However I have an array of tools and desire to learn and turning this old Arntz cobra from a childhood dream to a badass reality.
Donunder likes this.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

There is an Aussie cobra page now on FB.
I am a member of many forums but FB makes it very quick and convenient to post photos and videos.
Variety is the spice of life and I will check in to all the pages I'm a member of.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
FB is not evil, per se, but there seems to be an extremely high % of people who feel it's their duty to make it miserable or unusable for others. These trolls demonstrate a complete lack of conscience and have no apparent regard for social niceties - of any kind.

FB could be much so much more, but right now it's a playground for far too many. Caution is advised. Having said that, I know there's a few page or group moderators / administrators who take their jobs seriously and tolerate no bulls**t or misbehaviour, dealing swiftly and harshly with those who violate the rules. One of those is Wes Adams, whose "Ford FE Fanatics" FB group is refreshing - especially when compared to some other FB pages or groups. Check it out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/331841457196501/

Have a great day!
Old 12-17-2016, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Interesting that this topic has been read 350 times in just a few days but overall the Oz CC pages remain fairly quiet.

On the FB pages that I can see there's comments and pics going on all over the shop by lots of people both CC members and non afaik CC members.

FB seems far easier and quicker to post stuff. There's lots of interesting stuff guys are doing but unless you tap in you won't see it. I mistakinly thought CC was the dominant noticeboard for Oz cobraphiles but I think I'd be wrong based on what I've seen.

Sadly I'm not a FBer but I can still view from the sidelines !
Old 12-17-2016, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Its just a phase I recon. But yes sadly FB is much is easier to paste pics, vids, links and quick to link people. FB is not good for build threads as updates get lost in the timeline. I do most of my updates on FB because I cant be arsed resizing pics and hosting vids. Also this forum is pretty unreliable and seems to go down and lose info a fair bit...especially worse when you spent all that time resizing everything. Absolute Pace have their forum firing up soon so I guess you will find a lot of people move there.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
Its just a phase I recon. But yes sadly FB is much is easier to paste pics, vids, links and quick to link people. FB is not good for build threads as updates get lost in the timeline. I do most of my updates on FB because I cant be arsed resizing pics and hosting vids. Also this forum is pretty unreliable and seems to go down and lose info a fair bit...especially worse when you spent all that time resizing everything. Absolute Pace have their forum firing up soon so I guess you will find a lot of people move there.
You can upload your photos to photobucket and link them here. You have a choice of posting a full sized image or a thumbnail to click on for the image.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
That'll be invite only I'd suggest Dave?
Old 12-17-2016, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You can upload your photos to photobucket and link them here. You have a choice of posting a full sized image or a thumbnail to click on for the image.
No need on FB.....just hit upload and done.
deano59 and Tonus72 like this.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

I like the structure of the forum, easy to find the threads you're interested in, hard to find again on FB with the all in one spot approach, but CC needs a freshen up with the tricks that facebook has, like remaining logged in quick to attach video, pics, and PMs etc.
This site "CC" is also pretty clunky and unreliable so often, plus seems to use a lot of bandwidth for us remote fans, so very slow to load.
Time for some upgrades.
boxhead, albanycobra and Tonus72 like this.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
That'll be invite only I'd suggest Dave?
No it looks like anyone can register.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Facebook is fast and easy.
But I still prefer a forum, as it is easier to find posts, find build threads etc.
With Facebook, within a week or 2 of posting, a thread can be so far down the line its too hard to find.
I tried with a build thread on Mildred on a Shovelnose Corona page.
It quickly disappeared down the page, and any new members cant find it, or dont know its there.
Facebook is great for now, now now.
But a Forum is better for longevity.
LoBelly, Modena, leroy17 and 1 others like this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

This forum doesnt seem to be like it was. Most the posts are about people 'assembling' pace cobras. Not that there is anything wrong with pace cars, they are great but i find fabrication and modification more interesting.

I think most the people that used to be on here finished their cars and most new members are building Pace cars. There isn't many other builds on here anymore from all the other manufacturers like you used to see.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
This forum doesnt seem to be like it was. Most the posts are about people 'assembling' pace cobras. Not that there is anything wrong with pace cars, they are great but i find fabrication and modification more interesting.

I think most the people that used to be on here finished their cars and most new members are building Pace cars. There isn't many other builds on here anymore from all the other manufacturers like you used to see.
I completely agree on this point and will go as far as to say that I have had a customer of mine try and post information regarding his ICCARS AC Cobra build and has not been able to (try as he may over and over) post anything other than questions on "why is the forum not posting my information" etc... It somehow feels like there is a conspiracy (i'm sure there isn't) but it feels as though this site is more about building Pace cars than helping others to achieve outcomes with their own personal projects - Pace aside. Just my honest thoughts on the matter.. Hence I personally have lost a bit of interest and I am a keen enthusiast when it comes to building cars - Period..

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 12-19-2016, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I think thats a bit of a stretch Will.

Has this person tried to contact an admin and ask why they can not post?
Or are they just un able to add pictures (no pictures can be added till they have reached 10 posts) I also think the first 10 or so require an admin approval before they are posted.
This is done so the page is not filled with scammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
I completely agree on this point and will go as far as to say that I have had a customer of mine try and post information regarding his ICCARS AC Cobra build and has not been able to (try as he may over and over) post anything other than questions on "why is the forum not posting my information" etc... It somehow feels like there is a conspiracy (i'm sure there isn't) but it feels as though this site is more about building Pace cars than helping others to achieve outcomes with their own personal projects - Pace aside. Just my honest thoughts on the matter.. Hence I personally have lost a bit of interest and I am a keen enthusiast when it comes to building cars - Period..
Gav, Towmaster and ICCARS like this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
I'm sorry but that's crazy.

On the front page, only 5 of the 28 top threads are for Pace builds.

Every single person who has created an account here and made a pace build thread, had to go through the EXACT SAME thing that your friend is going through (can't post photos, can't post links, can't get an answer from admins about why, etc). I know I did.

And as for the forum having a lot of pace builds and not much else (despite the above numbers) - perhaps this reflects the actual situation out there in the world? Even if it doesn't, what do you propose - ban people from talking about their builds here?! Go around punishing non-Pace people for not posting enough about their cars?!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nah mate there's no conspiracy.... please encourage your client/s to post. There is a protocol we all had to go through and its been that way a looooong time. In fact pre pre pre pre pre the sites crash back in 2005 that protocol existed.

We need to encourage ALL builders and manufacturers to be involved and you are certainly one of them mate.

Spookypt
albanycobra, Zedn and ICCARS like this.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
There is an Aussie cobra page now on FB.
I am a member of many forums but FB makes it very quick and convenient to post photos and videos.
Variety is the spice of life and I will check in to all the pages I'm a member of.
I might mention that if you use FB to post photos for the forum, only FB members can see the photos.

I, too, refuse to FaceBook...so anything posted to FB is invisible to me and everyone else who does not FB.

Dugly
boxhead likes this.

No names were changed to protect the innocent!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: