Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2016, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Nah mate there's no conspiracy.... please encourage your client/s to post. There is a protocol we all had to go through and its been that way a looooong time. In fact pre pre pre pre pre the sites crash back in 2005 that protocol existed.

We need to encourage ALL builders and manufacturers to be involved and you are certainly one of them mate.

Spookypt
Thanks Spook, I have spoken to them again and advised them of the situation and hopefully they will join in on the forums as they have a wealth of knowledge in their own right to add value to this community of builders and enthusiasts.

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 12-21-2016, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromPerth View Post
I'm sorry but that's crazy.

On the front page, only 5 of the 28 top threads are for Pace builds.

Every single person who has created an account here and made a pace build thread, had to go through the EXACT SAME thing that your friend is going through (can't post photos, can't post links, can't get an answer from admins about why, etc). I know I did.

And as for the forum having a lot of pace builds and not much else (despite the above numbers) - perhaps this reflects the actual situation out there in the world? Even if it doesn't, what do you propose - ban people from talking about their builds here?! Go around punishing non-Pace people for not posting enough about their cars?!
Hey Mike, I will not dignify this baited question with a response, as I was merely expressing my own opinion on the matter based on my perception of what I have read and seen on the forums thus far, and probably in frustration of my customers whom would like to be participants on this forum, but do not know the rules to start posting etc... It might be beneficial to advise prospective participants of the 10 post situation is all I am saying.. Having said that, I am someone who actions their thoughts (right or wrong) and I will wear the consequences of my actions if need be, but my intention was to be constructive in that I feel (IMHO) that this forum needs to be geared more towards substance as opposed to rhetoric, I am a person who means what they say, and I will say what I mean I guarantee you that (Dutch heritage)..LOL
If I offended anyone with my comments, then I apologise, I am merely looking for more detail in the forum, which may be what might attract other prospective participants to join in.
Kind Regards

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 12-21-2016, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

I think the above does actually qualify as a response.
guye and albanycobra like this.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
Hey Mike, I will not dignify this baited question with a response, as I was merely expressing my own opinion on the matter based on my perception of what I have read and seen on the forums thus far, and probably in frustration of my customers whom would like to be participants on this forum, but do not know the rules to start posting etc... It might be beneficial to advise prospective participants of the 10 post situation is all I am saying.. Having said that, I am someone who actions their thoughts (right or wrong) and I will wear the consequences of my actions if need be, but my intention was to be constructive in that I feel (IMHO) that this forum needs to be geared more towards substance as opposed to rhetoric, I am a person who means what they say, and I will say what I mean I guarantee you that (Dutch heritage)..LOL
If I offended anyone with my comments, then I apologise, I am merely looking for more detail in the forum, which may be what might attract other prospective participants to join in.
Kind Regards
no worries, the questions i wrote weren't meant to really be answered seriously of course, i was just being silly to make the point. i.e. the point that people surely just post about whatever they are doing with whatever car they happen to have, and there's nothing anyone can (or should) do to change that. Hopefully in a few years everyone will be posting about their cool ICCARS build - i trust you won't be on here complaining about the lack of Pace build threads if that happens.

As for the ten post thing, yes it's stupid and confuses every new person here, it gets asked regularly and since none of us can fix it we all just try to help out the new people to get them through that annoying period of not being able to post. But honestly, it's really not a conspiracy against owners/builders of certain types of cars. Everyone here went through it.
ICCARS likes this.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromPerth View Post
no worries, the questions i wrote weren't meant to really be answered seriously of course, i was just being silly to make the point. i.e. the point that people surely just post about whatever they are doing with whatever car they happen to have, and there's nothing anyone can (or should) do to change that. Hopefully in a few years everyone will be posting about their cool ICCARS build - i trust you won't be on here complaining about the lack of Pace build threads if that happens.

As for the ten post thing, yes it's stupid and confuses every new person here, it gets asked regularly and since none of us can fix it we all just try to help out the new people to get them through that annoying period of not being able to post. But honestly, it's really not a conspiracy against owners/builders of certain types of cars. Everyone here went through it.
Good response Pal, I like it.
Cheers

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 12-22-2016, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Here's an idea....Start a new account, call it ICCARS 1 , run up the posts so it becomes an open account then hand the User Name and PW to your new Customer and they are ready to post till their blessed hearts are content.......no no dont thank me...thank the Very Merry People.....lol..
Old 12-27-2016, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Or create the account and post in the pinned thread at top of page, surely your mate knows 10 jokes.
1 joke at a time will get him through.

In regards to seeing many PACE builds, it is just part and parcel of what is a popular kit.
5-10 years ago, I am sure there was plenty of CC members getting sick of seeing Classic Revival builds.
Although maybe because the older builds are more built to suit the owner (rather than a big mechano set) there is more room for different builds all on the same platform.
gjkrv8, Zedn and mudbrick like this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427CC 3UZ FE V8
Not Ranked     

Here's a few jokes the start you off

Disclaimer... Warning some animals may have been injured seriously unintentionally

Why don't blind people Skydive... It scares the crap out of their dogs
What did the chicken say to the duck... Don't cross the road you will never hear the end of it
Why did the Koala fall out of the tree... Because it was dead ... Why did the Maggie fall out of the tree... The Koala hit it on the way down
albanycobra likes this.

Last edited by Hail427; 12-28-2016 at 04:44 AM..
Old 12-28-2016, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
FB is not evil, per se, but there seems to be an extremely high % of people who feel it's their duty to make it miserable or unusable for others. These trolls demonstrate a complete lack of conscience and have no apparent regard for social niceties - of any kind. ...
Point well made Brian.

The various types of social media tend to be the modern day equivalents of the Old Wild West. For the most part moderation is non existent and keyboard commando's run wild, which dilutes the potential benefits.

The quality websites that actually have technical value and organization will survive and I suspect grow as the social media struggles to provide the more structured delivery and access to this type of info the websites already have.

The social media will not likely disappear but the traffic will change, possibly attract more keyboard commandos, and lack the organization and information, structures and delivery mechanisms that the websites have.

It is also good to remember that anything that goes out on the internet and social media in particular, will likely never go away and is potentially more likely to bite you from the social media side of the street.

That said I am quite happy with the information database, structure and moderation of the few websites I participate on. Not currently a social media participant and not likely to be one.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 12-28-2016 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar
Old 12-28-2016, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

love it or hate i face book is here to stay ..i guess different people use it for different reasons .

personally i hate it when especially families air there family disputes publicly . i hate people taking pics of every bloody meal they eat . i hate getting messages from friends of a friend who may think that there cat licking it's nuts is something i would be interested in. ....
myself i use it to keep in touch with my son and daughter one who lives interstate and friends that i like to keep in touch with. i am in a few groups of things that interest me speedway / cobra's/ fishing ect ect some rooms are open to public viewing some are hidden from the public .

i think it all depends on what you expect out of it i guess a bit like these forums i love to read about peoples builds and idea's on all makes of kits i love things that are outside the box ie pace's way of building there car's or people who put different engine combos than the norm .

ive done a few different on my car that i like that ive seen other people do ie ive put my handbrake on the top of the trans tunnel as thats were i prefer it . i love the friendly rivalry and banter between people . ive learned on a personal level to chill out and not stress so much and to re read things before i hit the post button and not to post out of frustration like i have in the past .
i even learned when i first joined in 2001 that 10 post was a pain in the arse :-)

cheers dean
Old 12-29-2016, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
i even learned when i first joined in 2001 that 10 post was a pain in the arse :-)

cheers dean
And now you're >1,000 posts!
deano59 likes this.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Or create the account and post in the pinned thread at top of page, surely your mate knows 10 jokes.
1 joke at a time will get him through.

In regards to seeing many PACE builds, it is just part and parcel of what is a popular kit.
5-10 years ago, I am sure there was plenty of CC members getting sick of seeing Classic Revival builds.
Although maybe because the older builds are more built to suit the owner (rather than a big mechano set) there is more room for different builds all on the same platform.
Ok, guys this issue has reared it's head again as "SPUD" user name who happens to have an ICCARS AC Cobra has almost every post submission go to the "administrator" but then every now and again one will get through... If there is no administrator" then where the F$#K are these posts going.
He's not adding photo's just trying to respond to posts and join in but something is not letting him through on "almost all" occasions - but then one will get through???? Very frustrating I must say.... Please any help here other than what has been said because that doesn't seem to be the problem - it is like he is being blocked.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 02-13-2017, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
Ok, guys this issue has reared it's head again as "SPUD" user name who happens to have an ICCARS AC Cobra has almost every post submission go to the "administrator" but then every now and again one will get through... If there is no administrator" then where the F$#K are these posts going.
He's not adding photo's just trying to respond to posts and join in but something is not letting him through on "almost all" occasions - but then one will get through???? Very frustrating I must say.... Please any help here other than what has been said because that doesn't seem to be the problem - it is like he is being blocked.
They go into a secret CIA database for future "analysis". Some time in the future SPUD will get a knock at the door, a black bag over his head and be bundled into the side of an anonymous white van...
deano59, Gav and ICCARS like this.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Send Jamo a pm mate. He will sort it out for you.
boxhead likes this.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Very funny Mike... That's creative thinking right there

Will do Spook, as it seems to be one of those erratic things that frustrate the hell out of you..

Thanks guys.
boxhead likes this.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 02-14-2017, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison , 5lt Ford . FF GTM 6LT GMH
Not Ranked     

HI All . I have come on board a coupe of weeks ago as a friend has ordered a CR kit and has asked for some help . So I may be asking CR questions and looking over pics OF there builds if any are posted and will post his build progress which may help others and that is what I think the site is all about . I already like Aussiemike and some of other .
And what does initials FB stand for ? .
Warwick.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     

Hi warwick, i think it is referring to FaceBook as there are a couple of good groups on FB for cobras, gt40's etc

Derek
Old 02-14-2017, 02:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Face Book is where its at, much easier to post pics
Gav and ICCARS like this.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
Face Book is where its at, much easier to post pics
Yeah but it's unable to be used as a reference like CC. The way it's going with all the FB stuff I think it'll be detrimental to builders as a whole as once it's off the page you can't find it anymore.

Anyway to each their own. With all the BS going on I'm out. Once the industry and community sorts it $hit I might pop back but I'm just tired of where the whole cobra/40 thing is at. Its duct with an F! Check yas.
albanycobra likes this.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Cant help but agree with you for I think the second time ever spook.

This forum is dead as - everyone scared to say anything or just over it. Everyone knows whats going on but everyone pretends its a big secret in here. Just have to look at any recent "what kit should I get" thread. 12 months ago the first 5 posts were to "just get a P**e", all of a sudden the fan boys have shut up shop.

One of the facebook pages is run by a "impartial party", the other is actually OK but nothing like how good here was in its prime.

However, its a f**ked situation all round and understandable so many are disillusioned.
boxhead, Rebel1 and ICCARS like this.

Last edited by Tenrocca; 02-14-2017 at 03:59 AM.. Reason: put 2 stars in the dirty word