Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By tomcat racing
  • 1 Post By lovehamr
  • 1 Post By Donunder
  • 1 Post By tomcat racing
  • 1 Post By guye
  • 1 Post By Donunder
  • 1 Post By Dimis

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2017, 12:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     
Default Tom selling his very tough Cobra

Many of you would know Tom from Airlie Beach in Queensland.
( He'd be currently hanging on tight as Cyclone Debbie crosses the coastline)

He's decided to sell his very tough RMC...and asked for some assistance in getting the word out.

Carsales advert attached.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...4635992/?Cr=12

Cheers,
Warren
Old 03-28-2017, 01:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

All i can say is Debbie is doing me right now, and im not in Dallas, she is unbelievable and im still riding her out over 24 hours later, her eye went straight over the top of me, un****inbelievable.
Gav likes this.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Daaaauuum! Be safe my ozzie brothers!
tomcat racing likes this.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat racing View Post
All i can say is Debbie is doing me right now, and im not in Dallas, she is unbelievable and im still riding her out over 24 hours later, her eye went straight over the top of me, un****inbelievable.
Hang in there Tommy!

I was talking to my wife about you last night, hoping that you were still in one piece.

Looks like we're going to cop Debbie's tail end on Thursday and Friday. Only light winds but 150 - 200 mm of rain in Brisbane they reckon.

Good luck with the sale. I can't imagine your car in somebody else's hands. Do you have any plans for a replacement?
Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     

Hi Don,
Well ive only just been able to get communication with the rest of the world late this arvo,
phone lines and internet have just been restored, we have had no power since last saturday, no internet no mobile phone coverage no TV, not even local ABC radio, we have been running the house on genny power for about 12 hours a day just to keep the fridges cold and lighting etc,
down to my last 20 ltrs of fuel to keep it going,
powerlines down everywhere, the place is a total mess, have not seen an SES or Ergon repair linesman crew yet, hopefully tomorrow.
Plenty of army choppers going overhead. Apparently there will be a garage open tomorrow selling fuel in Proserpine by generator, so will line up probably for hours to fill my 140 ltrs of gerry cans because i cant see power being restored for quite a while yet.
Susposed to be about 1300 soldiers turning up soon to help out with clean up, i could do with a hand, our block with mature fruit trees and other special trees and plants we have spent nurturing for the last 8 years has been smashed, its such a shame, i now have about a weeks work on a chainsaw and gutbusting to clean it up. the mountains look almost like a bushfire went through them, there is hardly a leaf left on the trees, it is really eerie. i have been through 6 or 7 cyclones now but Debbie was by far the worst, it was so slow moving it lasted for 3 days, the eye took 2 hours to go over us and the wind, you just cant describe it and the rain was perfectly flat horizontal, i wouldnt wish it on anybody.
THe neighbours ceilings collapsed in on them at 3.00 in the morning and in the midst of all that they had to scramble over to our house with their little 2 year old girl their cat and dog, they are still here.
We are all in a bit of shock really and im feeling a bit depressed, but we will move on, it could of been worse.

As for the car, no other plans but to sell it, just got to get through this lot now.
Cheers Tom.
Mrs flatchat likes this.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear all that Tom. Sounds like a right mess!
Old 03-30-2017, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom the TV images have been heartbreaking and Airlie Beach seemes to have borne the brunt of a direct hit. I saw the first of the evacuees from Daydream come ashore in Shute Harbour today and they said much the same as you -- the island is trashed, and having no comms left them feeling disconnected and apprehensive. Power on the mainland should take five to ten days to restore is the word.
The remnants hit Brisbane today. Over 200 mls in two days for me but very little wind thankfully. I've heard other people describe the sound of the wind as terrifying. Pool's overflowing and full of s##t and ground floor's flooded. What a mongrel thing Debbie turned out to be, and we only had her tail end at about a Cat 1 strength, not a 4 like you had. The SES is pretty stretched because a lot of their people are up in your neck of the woods. 36000 homes without power in the south east tonight.
I'm very sorry to hear of the damage to your orchard. Take it carefully with the chainsaw. The clean up doesn't have to be done in a day. No sense pushing yourself beyond safe limits and doing yourself an injury. It will be sobering when people come out from under and try to understand the enormity of the damage to homes crops businesses and infrastructure. I think you're right. This one was the worst in living memory --from Ingham to Newcastle has been affected. Crazy!
Mate I'm thinking of you and also my relatives in Townsville and some friends in Mackay. All the best for the coming weeks. Sing out if we can do anything for you from this end.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Don,
Give some people a little bit of power and it goes to their heads, just lined up for an hour and a half to get fuel for the genny and the little jerk off supervisor man on the driveway would not fill half my jerry cans because they had some rust on the outside of them, he then proceeded to tell me if i argued with him i wouldnt get any fuel, meanwhile at the next pump theres a guy filling a rusty gerry can, go figure. meanwhile in the spirit of things we have lent out a spare generator, houseing and feeding the neighbours, given away a brand new water pump to an elderly couple to fix their water supply from there tanks so they can have a water supply, giving people lifts here and there because they have no transport, its times like these you help out every where you can, then you run into Mr No Brains, the steam is still coming out of my ears.

And cop this we just had a army friend call in quickly hes down here from Townsville and all the army vehicles are all parked down at the PCYC grounds, loads of them, and another rich jerk rolls up and tells them to move all their vehicles cos hes got a chopper landing, they thought it must be some kind of emergency, turns out hes got his own private chopper landing with water and fuel for himself, they quickly told him to f;;k off, some people really are on another planet.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Best wishes Tom.
Karma works both ways.
They'll get what's coming to them, and you'll get what you deserve.
The world can have a funny way of looking after you.

Take care and good luck with the sale of the cobra.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Dimis, I appreciate your sentiments,

Cheers Tom.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just thought i would bump this back to the top before it drops off the front page, still for sale but had a couple of ridiculous offers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: