Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does its bum look like this.

All the FFR Coupes Ive seen run a rear spolier that is riveted on not, part of the body itself. The Daytona Sports Car Coupes dont' as they are all part of the body. Harrison's from memory are also moulded on.

The bonnet bulge while easy enough to change is alot bigger on a DRB. But the DRB also seems to have a moulded on rear spolier. Does your car have a recessed spot for the rego plate like this one? (This one is a DRB)
Old 02-21-2018, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Also note the angulation of the rear window in the top corners and the moulded air scoop to rear of doors.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

CXC also built one. They have a close relationship with DSC but for mine this body doesnt look the same...

DSC Bendell Coupe for Comparison
Old 02-21-2018, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

OK here are 3 more images. Mine does not have the spoiler but does have the window air scoop. Spoke to original owner of DRB cars Dennis Bedford and he is certain not one of his products as does current manager there. Also did a Aust Electoral Commission search for Ronald Edward Old but no such person exists on Australia electoral roles...maybe he is dead?
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2018, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Who sold the FFR coupes here in Australia?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Also I just noticed there are 3 wiper blade holes..seem to be in the mold. Any help?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

I would think those pedestals for the tail lights and the recessed plate spot would be your dead giveaway. A spoiler can easily be shaped to the body, but those other items came straight from the mould. That shape is certainly not an FFR. What are you guys using for windshield glass on the Aussie Coupes ?

Good luck,
Mike.

M. Krause
Old 02-21-2018, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here is an exploded version of Rob Garvie's DRB Daytona Coupe. he was the Sunshine dealer for DRB back in the day. Plenty of respect to Dennis but its hard to argue its not the same body with recessed lights reverse and number plate all matching.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Also note the unique top truncated corner of the rear windscreen. It's a DRB imo. Email Rob at rgarvatbigponddotnetdotau
Old 02-21-2018, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Murray Scobles DRB Coupe rear end. Is it just me or am I starting to see a commonality of theme here. Also note in your side view pics the exhaust rebate on the panel below the door. Very unique to Daytona shapes in OZ.

FFR were either private import or sold through Component Cars in WA. Its not a FFR.

Last edited by spookypt; 02-21-2018 at 05:59 PM..
Old 02-21-2018, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ok so if it is a drb how many were sold in Australia and for how long? Was it a local sourced chassis and aussie running gear? Were they a usa body kit imported and onsold by an aussie dealer? Both Dennis and the guy I spoke to at drb are certain it ws not sold by them. In fact Dennis said he never sold any daytonas ever...now I know you guys say different and have the cars to prove it so maybe they were sold after he sold business but by whom? Todd aparently lives down south so no help there unless someone knows how to contact him as drb are no help with contact details. Your detective work todate would make sherlock proud and I do appreciate the help so far...
Old 02-21-2018, 11:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

I think you should just stick the thing on eBay and be done with it. Why should you have to waste your time calling all these people and trying to work it out.

If someone had my cobra they would certainly know it was mine.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Zedn, simply put if I sell it in Qld I am charged with theft and disposal of stolen property...no excuse!!
Old 02-21-2018, 11:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As I’ve suggested already contact Rob garvie in nambour on the above email.
A. He was a drb rep
B. He owns a drb Daytona
C. Refer points a and b.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh and Todd’s dad peter has something to do with these guys. “Carbon aero designs” Coomera.

That’s it’s I’m done. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default to spookypt

Spooky the email you said bounced rgarvatbigponddotcomdotau yes I did replace at with @ and dot with a.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Try rgarv @ big pond . net. Au

I’ve contacted a car mate who knows his Neighbour who he will Call tomoz to get robs number and I’ll let u know via pm. I can’t do much more I’m sorry.

Last edited by spookypt; 02-22-2018 at 01:56 PM..
Old 02-22-2018, 02:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbar58 View Post
Spooky the email you said bounced rgarvatbigponddotcomdotau yes I did replace at with @ and dot with a.
U also replaced the dot net with dot com!
Old 02-22-2018, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Spooky yes I have spoken to Rob and he confirms it was one of the DRB shells built before the current owners of DRB were involved (hence their lack of knowledge of the shells). Apparently 13 shells were built. 3 turned into road cars ( one of which Rob owns)and the remaining 10 (including the one Pete Brock was killed in) were built for racing. I now have the name of the guy who built all the shells (John Lintell) and will be contacting him to see if he can help. To all Spooky the guys who have helped me on this chase thanks very much.

regards Mark
Old 02-22-2018, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbar58 View Post
Hi Spooky yes I have spoken to Rob and he confirms it was one of the DRB shells built before the current owners of DRB were involved (hence their lack of knowledge of the shells). Apparently 13 shells were built. 3 turned into road cars ( one of which Rob owns)and the remaining 10 (including the one Pete Brock was killed in) were built for racing. I now have the name of the guy who built all the shells (John Lintell) and will be contacting him to see if he can help. To all Spooky the guys who have helped me on this chase thanks very much.

regards Mark

OK, so I'll just correct you (and re-correct Rob again) there. The Daytona Coupe body you have and the other bodies have nothing to do with the Coupe PB was killed in. Rob did tell me the same story including the bit about flopped off an original etc etc.
The car PB was sadly killed in was a Richard Bendell (Mr MOTEC) Daytona Coupe built in Melbourne. The body of that car, (as is mine) was built by Richard himself after 3D rendering and scaling by Melbourne university. It has no lineage at all to any other body. In fact Richard is good friends with the other Peter Brock of Daytona/Shelby Cobra fame in the USA.

This is Peter Brocks Coupe that has been rebuilt. Note side pipes, roof line, no rear lip to wheel arch etc etc
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=P...tyqVcPKIjB4cM:

This is the back of the crashed coupe. It and the rest of the car bear no resemblence to DRB coupes.

PB Brock was killed in a Daytona Coupe Replica yes....But not a DRB Daytona Coupe and I dont why Rob keeps telling that story.