Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By xb-60
  • 1 Post By xb-60
  • 2 Post By Trickycoupe
  • 2 Post By jcraigau
  • 1 Post By stephen low

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2018, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     
Default Western Australian Cobra Club road trip

Last week, three of us from the SA Cobra Club picked up from the airport eleven members of the Western Australia Cobra Club. We ferried them to the transport depot at Wingfield in Adelaide to reunite them with their Cobras which had been trucked the 2700km/1700 miles from Perth to Adelaide.

They stayed at Hahndorf overnight and then headed off along the coast via Mt Gambier and the Great Ocean Road to meet up with the Victorian Cobra Club in Melbourne, around 900km away.

Some pictures of the cars…

Hope to see them on their way back. Nice people and nice cars!

Cheers,
Glen
mate, LoBelly, Gav and 6 others like this.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:36 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Glen, can you explain how these Cobras are transported on this truck? It look's like you load your car on it's own platform, tied down , and the lifted to it's spot. If so, it's so much easier on our cars, then some trucker riding the clutch to get them up the ramp's. The problem here, is most transport tucks here have solid wall's. Look's like these made the trip, with the soft sides without getting any dust at all on them. Thanks & Cheers Tom.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Tom,
Yes the owner drives his car onto the pallet, and then drives it off the pallet himself as well.
I had a close look at the cars (of course!) after they were unloaded, and to my eye, they were spotlessly clean. Hard to believe they had just been trucked 1700 miles, which is more than half way across the continent.
The unloading procedure was simple, just using a decent sized forklift, so was completed quickly. "Occupational Health and Safety" was left in the rule book though - one of the gentlemen involved in the unloading stood under the pallet on the truck with a big hammer to help with the pallet alignment

Cheers!
Glen
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Out of curiosity, can you tell us who are the makers of these fine looking machines. Being from WA one would assume at least one G-Force in amongst them.
Andrew
Old 11-05-2018, 01:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The blue Cobra with the SPF number plate is of course a Superformance car. It is Coyote powered (edited).
One is an RMC Cobra, the factory of which is in Perth.
I'll try to find out what the others are.

Cheers,
Glen

Last edited by xb-60; 11-07-2018 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Incorrect engine, my mistake
Old 11-06-2018, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Ya,

The red, white and black cars are G force MKII. The grey car is indeed RMC, and the blue car is SPF (Coyote powered).

Just a FYI,

I painted the white car,
I did the ECU, Induction, Fuel system etc, on the red car,
I did the complete drive train, ECU, completion works and Licensing of the SPF,
and also did some minor work on the Grey RMC.

All of course via my humble little business here in Perth (Replica Auto Works) Where I try and service the Cobra club, ICV community and historic race car guys as best I can.
BJ's Snake and Dimis like this.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They all look the part. Well done to all involved. It's hard to pick my new favourite colour scheme.
Andrew
Old 11-07-2018, 03:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hiya back Ricky,

Sounds like you're a one-stop shop. The red, white & blue....and the grey too!
They sure looked professionally done to me. You're obviously doing a lot right....they all looked like they had just been expertly detailed

Cheers,
Glen
Old 11-10-2018, 01:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

It was great to see the WA gang again at the Victorian Cobra Club monthly meeting. I'm sure there will be plenty of pics on both club websites of the bringing together of these two clubs.

Sounds like a fantastic drive from Adelaide to Melbourne via one the the greatest driving roads in the world, the great ocean road.
Seagull81 and xb-60 like this.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default A great catch up opportunity

To all the WA contingent,

I couldn't manage to get to the club meeting to say g'day again and wish you all safe travels, I was in Tassy for work that Wednesday, but I hope all has gone well with the return journeys.

Even your resident wizard Gav and his magical multi-meter!

In hindsight, I'd wished I'd pushed my wife Annie to come along to meet such a wonderful group of people.......cause I know she would have insisted on the soft top and I've not have drowned on my return trip on Tuesday - lol

But I do know she would have clicked with you all, so a missed opportunity - this time!

As to the Tuesday drive home, at least I had working wipers, unlike our host Vice President looney Mr Bland, he had water on both sides of the windscreen, at least one side of mine was being cleaned for me!

I can now attest to that "having an inch of water in the foot wells" experience! Hopefully I have successfully dried everything out before rot sets in.

I need to do some short clip editing of GoPro video I have from the various jaunts.

But for the moment here is one link of reflection for the weekend. Of course its the cobras visiting a pub, what else!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gKjf...ature=youtu.be

Enjoy

And I'd seriously like to entertain a reversed return cobra journey experience!

Cheers

Slowy Steve
xb-60 likes this.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

WOW you can hear the radio ! I need to put some speakers in the head rest .
Old 11-16-2018, 11:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Speakers are in the rear wall and the GoPro was on the roll bar just above, but I do like my music loud!!

The real test, can anyone name the band??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: