Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2020, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     
Default ICVs in NSW

All,

I am no longer doing ICV certification in NSW. To my knowledge I was the last certifier willing to take one on. With the local facility owned by Transport for NSW now made unavailable to me, I have decided to stop wasting all of my free time fighting to do ICVs.

Pretty much the end of Cobra registration in NSW (and GT40s and clubmans too).

If you have any concerns about this, please contact the Minister for Roads.

Treeve
Rob. Smith likes this.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Treeve,

I don't know you in person (I'm located in SA) but I've seen your name in posts over quite a number of years. It appears that you've really been up against it with the NSW Transport department. Beating your head against a brick wall, obviously. The future of ICVs in NSW looks bleak.

Best regards,
Glen
Old 05-28-2020, 05:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear this
Good luck with your other endeavours
Old 05-29-2020, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.

Will be finishing off my own cars and seeing what else the future holds.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

have you ever visited Victoria...
Old 05-29-2020, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Sad to read Treeve that the bar-stewards wore you down, so to speak.

I do have experience of the bureaucratic stone wall you were most likely belting your head against.

But as the say its a great feeling when you do stop belting your head against the wall!

But maybe now you can get the Lotus and GT40 on the road as going projects and enjoy life just that little bit more!

Good luck with it all.

Steve
xb-60 likes this.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is my first and potentially my last (hopefully not) posting on this forum.

I am particularly disappointed in the lack of visible and vocal support for Treeve! Only three people responded on CC forum, NONE from NSW. There was a little more on the Aus Club Cobra, Daytona & GT40 FB page and a continuing discussion on the OZClubbies site.

A little about me – I worked for over 30 years as a technical professional in a large global organization. I was fortunate to work with and lead highly qualified, globally recognized experts with Phds from some of the best Universities on the planet. These people all shared common traits, deep and often broad knowledge, a high level of skill and application, but most importantly – an undeniable Passion for their subject. They hated processes and bureaucracy behind which many incompetent leaders hid and used to kill innovation and at times the individual.

I have only known Treeve for approx. six years. He reminds me very much of my past colleagues. He is well educated, has worked building and engineering vehicles since he was a teenager and has developed and extremely deep knowledge of his subject. It started as a hobby, which in many ways it still is and has grown into a business that not only supports his hobby, but all of us. His efforts are clearly not about keeping the business alive, but keeping the “hobby” alive for himself and others. You cannot deny his passion and commitment to our cause – he is the last engineer standing! Over the years he has made significant investments in equipment to enable him to undertake the required testing and time to understand the regulations both at a national and state level.

Whilst this is primarily a NSW issue with a significant number of vehicles (in which people have invested millions of dollars) stalled up in the system, it is also national. Anybody wishing to move to NSW with an already registered ICV will find it virtually impossible to transfer the registration if the current situation remains.

The bureaucracy and flawed processes are finally killing Treeve and he needs our support! I have written to my local member who also happens to be the premier, seeking to get the required changes. I am happy to share my letter, please PM me if you would like a copy to assist you in doing the same.

Ecca
Dimis, Gaz64 and xb-60 like this.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Interesting observation that nobody from New South Wales responded here (0n Club Cobra) to the loss of Treeve's ICV certification services....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeve View Post
....With the local facility owned by Transport for NSW now made unavailable...
Can I ask the NSW Cobra Club how they can continue to host the Australian Cobra Nationals (Wakefield Park, Goulburn, NSW), but not voice an opinion on the loss of ICV certification capability in your State?

Tell me if I'm missing something obvious here.

Cheers,
Glen
Old 06-08-2020, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Glen - to be fair there is work going on behind the scenes by both the Ozclubbies, the Cobra Car Club of NSW and a body set up to handle the issues at hand.

I was expecting a massive public outrage from the large number of those who have and are suffering. Possibly the process and bureaucracy has worn them down too!! I must admit, it is getting to me, but I am not about to give up just yet.

Ecca
Old 06-08-2020, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Ecca. Yes I imagine a lot is suffering. I admit to knowing just a little, but not a lot, about the NSW scene, and I can imagine that many are indeed "worn down". From the little I know, there would be much frustration in the ranks; I had expected to hear some of that after Treeve's quite sad post.

Cheers, and good luck.
Glen
Old 06-08-2020, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

There have been 10, yes 10, views on this thread. No-one comes here anymore.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fair point - so what is the best public forum to raise awareness beyond the suffering? FB?
Old 06-09-2020, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
There have been 10, yes 10, views on this thread. No-one comes here anymore.
No Modena, that's not correct. Ever since the problems forum members experienced with accessibility a few months ago, the number of views has not been a correct representation.
If you check posts versus views -
this thread has 11 posts and 12 views
the second thread has 4 posts and 5 views
next one has 22/23
then 11/12
I'm sure you can see the pattern.

Cheers,
Glen
Old 06-09-2020, 01:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sad to read this. I think some of the states here work the same way.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 06-09-2020, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Treeve this saddens me to hear that they have worn you down to this point. I believe you invested a lot of time and money into this and it is something you are passionate about and I thank you even though I don't know you personally. NSW has always been difficult to please, this was evident 34 years ago when as a teenager I bought a registered kit car from Tassie and had to re-comply with NSW requirements.I still fail to see why we have to have different rules to comply with in every state. I feel for the NSW people that have money and time tied up in their projects that may never come to fruition. Thanks Treeve for the advise you gave me and for taking time out of your holiday to do so. I hope sometime soon common sense will prevail and NSW will get back on track.

Last edited by Eeley Eagle; 06-09-2020 at 04:05 AM..
Old 06-09-2020, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
No Modena, that's not correct. Ever since the problems forum members experienced with accessibility a few months ago, the number of views has not been a correct representation.
If you check posts versus views -
this thread has 11 posts and 12 views
the second thread has 4 posts and 5 views
next one has 22/23
then 11/12
I'm sure you can see the pattern.

Cheers,
Glen
Ah ok, so the views numbers is inaccurate. It doesn't change the fact that "almost" no-one comes here. Just today there was a post in the main FB Group on a GT40 that is for sale, and there have been 11 comments in under 3 hours. Don't get me wrong, I would rather the community use this platform, but it seems the people have spoken. I do (obviously) check in here to see what non-FB people are getting up to, but it seems less and less activity.

Back to the point, it is very sad for you Treeve and you have my sympathy, and sad days indeed for the community especially in NSW.
Dimis and xb-60 like this.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
....I would rather the community use this platform, but it seems the people have spoken.....
I agree. I would rather ask here for information rather than....etc

Each to their own preferences though

Cheers,
Glen
Old 06-10-2020, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.

I've got 4 months of minesite work coming up so I will be able to catch up on my current workload and not worry about taking on any more work through that period.

Can't say I miss the idea of certifying ICVs, and once I've got my own cars drivable maybe the passion will come back.

Treeve
xb-60 and Modena like this.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Treeve - the Passion is hard wired and will never leave you - looking forward to seeing you around for a LONG LONG time!!!

Look after yourself - Ecca
Old 08-22-2020, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some rumblings that times are changing internally at Transport, meaning we may get some stuff done soon...
Dimis, xb-60, mudbrick and 1 others like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: