Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-19-2002, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default which kit should i get?

Hi everyone , How are you all?
I will be traveling to Melbourne, via Sydney and Brisbane next week, and will be checking kits to see which one i will purchase.
I will be buying my kit in about june/july.
i really like the look of the kit made by harrison at www.cobrakits.com.au/
What i am asking is , what are some good questions to ask , and can anyone here tell me if they have this kit and how is it going?
I will probably use a ls1 gen 3 engine and factory six speed box with the nissan irs (i am a service manager at a holden dealership)
Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead,

As you have probably read from my posts here I'm very Classic Revival biased so I'm probably not the most objective person. I think any one who has paid out the cash for a kit after looking at diferent ones for a while would stand by their decision.

From the pics on the web page the Harrison cobra looks quite good. I'd like to see more detail on the chassis and running gear though. The tiny little pics on the web don't give you enough info, I'd like to see one in the flesh.

I'm going with the LS1 and BT56 myself. If you're not a one eyed Ford fanatic I think they are a good choice for an Australian Cobra.

Your trip sounds like a great opertunity to check out some of the kits available around the country. You might want to look in on Python and Robnel while you are in Melbourne.

There are a lot of kits available and your decision will probably come down to a few simple things:

Your Budget.

The kind of Cobra you want to build, Spot on replicar or a cool looking sports car, track day weapon or a boulevard cruiser,

The features in the kit that are important to you i.e. accuracy of the body shape, materials used, how the chassis is engineered, donor parts etc.

How you like the person manufacturing your kit. Your going to be dealing with this person for a long time ahead so it's much easier if you like and respect them.

Cheers

Old 02-20-2002, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to Dave Samson Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Samson
Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead,
I too am a Classic Revival nut running a supercharged,intercooled V8 Commodore engine, IRS,LSD,lots of electronics. I am on the Gold Coast too, you are welcome to call me on 55273223 when passing through the area.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave, What generation chassis/body is yours? are you running the ford IRS? Newer SC body or older roadster body?

I only ask since Ian's own demonstrator car is quite different from the current cars. He wants to build one of the new cars as a demonstrator but with all the orders to fill they go out the door too fast.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your car, especially the blower install and how you've finished off the interior.

Cheers

Old 02-20-2002, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
What's your email address ?
Old 02-21-2002, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Thanks dave i will probably take you up on the offer
i will be in brisbane on thursday 28 feb till sunday 3 march
i will give you a call when i get to brissie on thursday , can i bring my wife so she can see where her money will be going ?
Thanks again.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aussie Mike , i will be in Melbourne on about the 8 march till about the 25 march , any chance of seeing your car and haveing a chat?
I have an appointment with classic revivals to see there kit while i am in Sydney.
Thanks in advance

Cruising in 5th

Old 02-21-2002, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead,

I just sent you a Thesis on why you should buy a Classic Revival (I told you I was biased). My phone number is in there too so give me a call.

Cheers

Mike

Old 02-21-2002, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead,
No problem, we all have baggage to carry, ha ha. I live about 20 minutes south of Labrador where you'll visit Warwick Harrison.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: